PDA

View Full Version : If Crossdressing Was Widely Accepted

tiffanyjo89
09-11-2012, 04:18 PM
OMG! ANOTHER PASSING THREAD?!
Hold your horses, this is a different type of thread on passing.

Would "passing" be so much of an issue? I recently bought Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Southern Surroundings" set and was kinda surprised at what a couple of the members had on in the cover shot:

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/ultimateclassicrock.com/files/2012/08/Skynyrd_SSurroundings_sm.jpg

One is wearing pink jeans and a blue embroidered top and the other, a purple/lavender shirt. By modern standards they are dressed somewhat androgynous (borderline femme) but if you were to even hint that they were gay or call them a word that rhymes with an old maid, they'd probably rip you a new one.

What I'm wondering is, if guys wearing skirts and traditionally feminine clothing like tights & leggings, spaghetti strapped tanks, lace, etc. was more widely accepted, and it wasn't entirely odd to see a guy in his girlfriend's jeans or t-shirt (not saying it has to be a girlfriend's, it could be his own...this scenario implies its his girlfriend's though. The classic "ran out of clean ones" excuse. Heck, girls get away with wearing boxers as regular shorts and most band t-shirts are "unisex" which is a codeword for a guys t-shirt that is available in smaller sizes) or even wearing her panties without anyone thinking he was gay would we worry about passing as much? Would stores worry about having gender segregated clothing sections? Would "crossdressing" cease to exist? Just something I thought about it.

GaleWarning
09-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Back in the late 60s I played piano in a band.
We all wore powder blue trousers and pink shirts.
It was cool. No-one thought wierd thoughts about being transgendered.

tiffanyjo89
09-11-2012, 04:24 PM
And what has changed in 50 years? Guys wearing clothing several sizes too large? I personally think that some of the 60s/70s styles were a lot better than what teenage and younger guys wear today.

Sara Jessica
09-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Why do we want the average Joe to dress like a girl?

Wildaboutheels
09-11-2012, 04:41 PM
It IS widely accepted. These very Forums are chock full of stories of "men" forever claiming that they could not pass in a gazillion years "as a woman" who have gone out "countless" times and NEVER had a problem.

REALITY? It doesn't matter what anyone's definition of Widely Accepted is. There will always be people who have a problem with it no matter the "numbers". There are people today almost 150 YEARS after the Civil War STILL whining and carrying on about Black people.

Trust me, you are probably more likely to be struck by lightning, than you are to be injured or hurt by someone who dislikes CDers.

Who knows how many Cders are "out there" everyday in the RW, quietly going about their business with no repercussions whatsoever?

tiffanyjo89
09-11-2012, 04:58 PM
It IS widely accepted. These very Forums are chock full of stories of "men" forever claiming that they could not pass in a gazillion years "as a woman" who have gone out "countless" times and NEVER had a problem.

REALITY? It doesn't matter what anyone's definition of Widely Accepted is. There will always be people who have a problem with it no matter the "numbers". There are people today almost 150 YEARS after the Civil War STILL whining and carrying on about Black people.

Trust me, you are probably more likely to be struck by lightning, than you are to be injured or hurt by someone who dislikes CDers.

Who knows how many Cders are "out there" everyday in the RW, quietly going about their business with no repercussions whatsoever?

I guess you are right about that part...but there still are large numbers of people who think that a guy in a skirt or a pair of panties must be gay.

But how much of people going out without passing without problems is people just being (more or less) polite rather than actually accepting it as the person's right to wear what they want to?

and...

Why do we want the average Joe to dress like a girl?

I wasn't talking about the average Joe dressing up like a girl as much as I was the average Joe just wearing girl's clothes. Women wear pants all the time without it being considered crossdressing...why must a guy who wants to wear a pair of panties instead of typical mens underwear or a more feminine styled tank top be seen as "dressing like a girl?"

EllenJo
09-11-2012, 05:14 PM
If crossdressing was widely accepted, I would wear skirts all summer long!

EllenJo

Ressie
09-11-2012, 05:37 PM
I was a teen back in the actual hippie days (late '60s). I had a friend that wore some of his girlfriend's clothes to school, but they pretty much just looked like men's hippy clothes. I used to get comments for wearing flowered shirts, hip huggers even tho that was supposed to be the current fashion for men. Not many of us had long hair back then either. But those of us that tried to emulate British or west coast rock bands got laughed at by other students. it was the first time that I know of that men's fashions became slightly more feminine.

Even in the '90s I couldn't wear a flowered or pink shirt without someone cracking on it. As bizarre as some kids dress now days, someone will still make a comment if one's drab attire is slightly out of the ordinary. Robert Plant in the early '70s wore very blousy looking shirts with that curly blonde hair. Many Rock bands had an androgynous look and people would comment on it. But the were rock stars and getting paid for having that image.

jessi
09-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I live on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. I see men wearing women's jeans all the time. Quite a few crossdressers around here, too, and no one seems to pay much attention to them. Also, a few older men who dress like wizards. Maybe there's a Spells 'R' Us store around here that I simply haven't discovered yet... ;)

MicheleCooper
09-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Hmmm...if cross dressing was widely accepted. I could see someone like Obama rocking out in a cocktail dress with some Jimmy Choo heels. Seeing Mitt Romney taking a fashion tip from Paris Hilton and campaigning in a little black dress with some designer heels. Everything is great for the two candidates until Mitt broke the rule of wearing white after labor day. And then Biden pairing his thigh high boots with a pair of short shorts,... ok time to put the imagination away for now.

AllieSF
09-11-2012, 06:12 PM
I agree with Wildaboutheels. Most people's fears are made up in their own mind about going out. Yes, bad stuff happens and maybe just a bit more to someone that is dressed contrary to todays so called acceptable norms. That is still a minuscule number of possible bad incidents.

What is your hangup about someone considering you gay? We are on a site that caters to all, most of us are looking for acceptance and then a lot of members don't want to be thought of as gay. If, and only if someone asks if you are gay, like asking if you are employed, married, or whatever, just answer yes or no. No big deal. You are making it a big deal. What about that other non CD guy out there that does not want to be called a CD? We already know that CD's are cool and acceptable everyday people.

Now in answer to your question, I think that if crossdressing was widely accepted regarding those that dress completely, then others who partially dress with or without a wig or facial hair, would benefit to some degree. The almost there dressers would probably and hopefully be seen as just a variation subset in the larger population of CD's. I believe that we are on our way there and eventually it will happen in some form, where people will see more CD's, transgenders and TS's out there as those groups feel more secure in themselves to go out and live their own lives as they see fit. Hopefully, it will come sooner rather than later.

tiffanyjo89
09-11-2012, 06:44 PM
...What is your hangup about someone considering you gay?...

It isn't necessarily my hangup (although I will admit, I've had my share of people asking me if I'm gay without knowing about this side of me...I'm not gay...) but I know that in many areas of the country (such as the one I'm in) it doesn't matter if you are gay or not, if someone thinks you're gay and you deny it, they just think you're even "gayer." Also it doesn't matter if you are coming on to them or not, there are plenty of people who will physically hurt a trans or gay person just for existing.

KateSpade83
09-11-2012, 06:48 PM
If crossdressing was widely accepted then I'd go to work and job fairs dressed as a woman. And I wouldn't be unpopular among some people for "being gay." [I don't have sex or mess with men].

You know where crossdressing IS ACCEPTED - IN SOME ASIAN COUNTRIES LIKE THE PHILIPPINES AND THAILAND. There you can see "ladyboys" on the street shopping or even some work, like in call centers. People know these ladyboys admire the beauty and wonder of being a woman, so they know where they're coming. Ladyboys are kinda common there and they don't cause a ruckus in the men's washroom. In America you never see a "ladyboy!"

AllieSF
09-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Tiffany, I clearly understand that in the wrong situation that type of confrontation can have negative results. That is when you say and do whatever to protect yourself, no questions from me at all. However, I was referring to the questions that come up in the more common and safer situations where a simple yes or no without any further explanation puts the burden for the next reply on the asker and not the responder. I get asked that question all the time, because, as has been said many times on this site, people mistakenly think that to crossdress means one, a male in the MtF situation, is therefore, gay. I say no and then wait for the next question. That is when I help clarify their misconception and then move on to other interesting topics about them and there personal lives.

tiffanyjo89
09-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I'm in a kinda in a small town (not really small, but hey, it's the south...) and generally like it, but there are plenty of people that if you look at them odd they'll jump you.

NicoleScott
09-12-2012, 09:41 AM
If crossdressing was "widely accepted" it probably wouldn't be called crossdressing anymore.

bobbie c
09-12-2012, 10:56 AM
nicole...i like that..good answer! nice and simple

cathie pantyhose
09-12-2012, 11:01 AM
if it were widely accepted I would with out a doubt be more comfrotable with it and even make more of an effort to go out and meet others

Melissa Rose
09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
If crossdressing was "widely accepted" it probably wouldn't be called crossdressing anymore.
I was going to say the exact same thing as far as clothing goes. There would still be those trying to appear or present as the opposite gender since gender is way more than clothing, thus the definition of cross dressing would probably change.

This may be a case of be careful of what you wish for. If clothing was no longer gender bound or androgynous, fashions may change and evolve, and the things many adore and love about women's clothing may partially or completely disappear.

ReineD
09-12-2012, 12:26 PM
...but there still are large numbers of people who think that a guy in a skirt or a pair of panties must be gay.

I just want to point out that Lynyrd Skynyrd's set cover shows men dressed in colorful 1960's era clothing who still are very much dressed like men who do not attempt to hide their bulges. There's a big difference between these styles and spaghetti strap tops with skirts.

The 60's clothing style wasn't about crossdressing, but rather anti-war, anti-establishment, human rights, and gender equality (a nod to second wave feminism) which translated into long hair and bell bottom pants, bright colors, beads, and sandals worn by both men and women who still wished to differentiate themselves from one another. The men had facial hair, sideburns, and if you analyse the clothing you'll still see differences between what men and women wore, no matter how bright the colors.

Getting back to your question though, if it were standard in our society for men and women to dress in exactly the same way, I think that CDers would find other means than just clothes to differentiate themselves from other men and look more like women. This might be through hair, makeup, breast forms, etc. If everyone dressed the same way but women wore horns and painted their faces green, CDers would also wear horns and paint their faces green.

You also touch on the belief by many people that a CDer must be gay if he tries to look or dress like a woman. We all in this forum know this isn't true, but I can understand why many or most people believe this. The reality is, the majority of our population has no interest in presenting as a gender opposite than birth and further, most people are heterosexual (only 3-5% of the population is same sex attracted). So there is a universal assumption that if a man tries to look or dress like a woman, then it must mean that his motive for doing this is to attract men, since the majority of women are attracted to men. Most people have no knowledge of non-conforming gender identity and they do conflate gender identity with opposite-sex attraction since the majority of people are hetero, no matter how vast the LGBT community seems to those who are a part of it.

Monicamaryjay
09-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Hi Tiffany,
If crossdressing were widely acceptable (and free of danger), I would be doing it all the time, and I would probably not have been needing this website.. I could just go out.

That is not the case in my town, I assure you. Crossdressing can get you into some serious trouble with the hardnosed closed minded working class types in this town.

Our world has quite a distance to go before we reach anywhere near wide acceptance, I think...... but I look forward to those days, if I ever see them.
Hugs,
Monica

Karren H
09-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Accepted or not.... I still rather look like a woman than a guy in a dress..... from a distance.... traveling at a high rate of speed... at night..... lol

tiffanyjo89
09-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I just want to point out that Lynyrd Skynyrd's set cover shows men dressed in colorful 1960's era clothing who still are very much dressed like men who do not attempt to hide their bulges. There's a big difference between these styles and spaghetti strap tops with skirts.

The 60's clothing style wasn't about crossdressing, but rather anti-war, anti-establishment, human rights, and gender equality (a nod to second wave feminism) which translated into long hair and bell bottom pants, bright colors, beads, and sandals worn by both men and women who still wished to differentiate themselves from one another. The men had facial hair, sideburns, and if you analyse the clothing you'll still see differences between what men and women wore, no matter how bright the colors.

Getting back to your question though, if it were standard in our society for men and women to dress in exactly the same way, I think that CDers would find other means than just clothes to differentiate themselves from other men and look more like women. This might be through hair, makeup, breast forms, etc. If everyone dressed the same way but women wore horns and painted their faces green, CDers would also wear horns and paint their faces green.

You also touch on the belief by many people that a CDer must be gay if he tries to look or dress like a woman. We all in this forum know this isn't true, but I can understand why many or most people believe this. The reality is, the majority of our population has no interest in presenting as a gender opposite than birth and further, most people are heterosexual (only 3-5% of the population is same sex attracted). So there is a universal assumption that if a man tries to look or dress like a woman, then it must mean that his motive for doing this is to attract men, since the majority of women are attracted to men. Most people have no knowledge of non-conforming gender identity and they do conflate gender identity with opposite-sex attraction since the majority of people are hetero, no matter how vast the LGBT community seems to those who are a part of it.

QFT

Also, yeah, the clothing back then, however similar was different between men and women, but only just. I have seen (it was probably posted here) an old clothing catalog that had mens and womens nylon briefs that were made in the same design, the only difference was the mens design had a fly and white elastics around the waistband and legs. And yeah, a flashy shirt is a different thing than a spaghetti strap tank and a skirt, I will admit that, but nowadays it seems all male clothing is typically subdued in design compared to the female counterparts (just look at a lot of the graphic tees that are sold in Walmart and other stores). Another thing though, back then a lot of guys pants were a lot tighter than what you see nowadays (and this is not counting the "pants on the ground").

Jamie Ann
09-12-2012, 02:28 PM
If we compare 2012 with a generation ago, then we notice more androgynous attire now than then. Partly that is due to women having opportunities that they did not have in the past. The CEO of a large company does not want to look like a tart — at least not during a meeting of top executives! And speaking of top executives, the term “metrosexual” came into use about a generation ago to refer to men who got manicures and pedicures, shaved body hair, and otherwise adopted grooming patterns traditionally seen as feminine. So that possibility is not just hypothetical!

Of course, metrosexuals are not crossdressers; and women who wear conservative suits are not men. It is possible, though, that their expansions of the boundaries of gender presentation make us seem more acceptable to non-crossdressers. I’m actually not sure of that, but it’s possible. Bands and other music groups may have helpful effects, too, but their attire is part of their performance in a limited setting, not the clothes they would wear for a trip to Publix!

Whether I am right or wrong about any of that, my hope is that crossdressers will become more and more accepted whatever direction clothing trends take. For those who pass, God bless ’em! For me and many others, greater acceptance without passing would be real progress … not quite our wildest fantasies, but progress!

If androdyny became the norm, would crossdressing cease to exist? That is largely a matter of language and definitions. I do not think that cross-gender expression would cease to exist. Wearing a pretty dress would be harder to interpret as cross-gender expression; but we would find other ways!

Wildaboutheels
09-12-2012, 02:30 PM
This thread is just further proof if how few people actually read responses.

OR have EXTREMELY short memories.

OR think that all the multiple dozens of self proclaimed "never in a million years passable" men who constantly report they have little to no trouble when out in public en femme are LYING? They would lie to accomplish what? Impress all the other men here that they are "brave"?

So which one is it?

Lemme translate it for you...

If VERY few of the general public - aka "Society" - has any trouble with it...

it means that prolly 95% or better ACCEPT it. Or just don't care. Does it matter which?

Or am I missing something?

Maybe people here are so shrouded in pink fog that they cannot remember the greatest nursery ryme of all time. Now more TRUE than ever.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me".

deebra
09-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Tiffanyjo, great thread, I agree with you totally, if crossdressing was accepted as the norm, damn right I would dress feminine when the desire hit and enjoy the freedom of doing so. Once again, it ain't fair, women can and men can't.

ReineD
09-12-2012, 04:05 PM
I will admit that, but nowadays it seems all male clothing is typically subdued in design compared to the female counterparts (just look at a lot of the graphic tees that are sold in Walmart and other stores).

A lot of women's clothes are more subdued too though. The latest trend in ladie's fashion is streamlined, dark or neutral colored business suits (skirts or slacks). I agree though, there is a great deal more variety among women's clothing than men's. :)

Sara Jessica
09-13-2012, 07:00 AM
I wasn't talking about the average Joe dressing up like a girl as much as I was the average Joe just wearing girl's clothes. Women wear pants all the time without it being considered crossdressing...why must a guy who wants to wear a pair of panties instead of typical mens underwear or a more feminine styled tank top be seen as "dressing like a girl?"

The average Joe doesn't give a hoot about wanting to wear anything that is feminine. I'm of the opinion that Brett Favre could do commercials for Wrangler jeans skirts and we still wouldn't see guys jumping through hoops to pick them up at their local Sears (or wherever Wranglers are sold).

Women have more fashion options than men, yet this newsflash is lost on many in these pages who continually begrudge the fact that men don't have the same range of choices, whether we're talking about styles, colors, fabrics, etc. It is what it is. Most guys just don't care and they never will which isn't a bad thing at all.

It's almost like this thread should be called "if crossdressing was widely participated in by men" because that seems to be the premise. If the average Joe dons skirts and spaghetti-strap cami tops, then of course it'd be good for the rest of us. Or would it? That is a sight I'm not sure I'd ever want to see.

I wrote a while back about how it is impossible for me to fathom a typical man, one who is part of the 99.-whatever-percent of men who don't give their gender a second thought, to lament over a perceived lack of fashion choices while picking out a suit. Many men look absolutely amazing in suits. Care to picture them choosing a dress on occasion?

I didn't think so. Me either.

Foxglove
09-13-2012, 02:43 PM

Right you are, Reine. Those of us who remember hippie days can tell others that regardless of what guys wore back then, they didn't look feminine and they had no desire to look feminine. They had other motives for wearing what they wore.

Fashion can change. For a while men's clothing might come to resemble women's in certain regards, and vice versa. But the question is, what is the motivation for wearing what one wears? If a guy has no desire to be feminine or if a woman has no desire to be masculine, then they're not doing what we're doing or coming anywhere close to it. A guy can wear ear studs and beads, grow his hair long, put on a pink shirt and bell bottoms, but if he's not trying to be feminine, he's not feminine.

I'm trans. The vast majority of people aren't and never will be, regardless of what they wear. Even if fashion for both sexes becomes more "androgynous", I'll still be trans, crossing that gender line and loving it. This is what makes me different: I cross a line. They don't. They may blur the line sometimes, but it's still there, and they don't cross it. That's why they'll never understand me, because they'll never feel what I feel. And that's OK with me.

For crossdressing to become 100% acceptable, cisgender people will have to accept not just clothing, but the notion that the line can be crossed. It will take a bit of getting used to.

Ressie
09-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Here I am around 1969. Not trying to look fem with this hippy shirt but... if I only had the internet and a credit card back then!

Jennifer B
09-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Look at the fashions over certain eras. Early 80's you have the New Romantics.

Duran Duran
http://www.cracked.com/blogimages/2009/05/duranduran.jpg

Spandau Ballet
http://coolinthe80s.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/spandau-ballet.jpg

Then later on Glam Metal.

Whitesnake
http://www.rudysarzo.com/images/bio/Whitesnake.jpg

Poison
http://d.yimg.com/ec/image/v1/release/23066503;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultIma ge

All these examples were about fashion and going against the grain and making a statement about individuality. ( Even though we all ended up dressing the same to be as cool.) I used to wear flowery tops, neck chiefs, paisley jeans, nail varnish and the same paisley waistcoat that my girlfriend wore. It was all about being "really cool" though, whilst still being very male.

It all looks faintly ridiculous now, but I'm sure it'll come back into fashion again at some point.

Wildaboutheels
09-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Simply wearing "female" clothes is not at all related to trying to PRESENT oneself as, AND be accepted as a female.

BUT, then again maybe I missed something?

Maybe some of those guys "way back when" WERE wearing corsets or forms or hip and/or butt padding? And changing their voice? And walking differently?

The FACT of the matter is nobody cared back then and even less people care now. In this economy, most people have too many other fish to fry to care what other people wear or how they present themselves.

ReineD
09-13-2012, 06:35 PM
It all looks faintly ridiculous now,

*sigh* I know. My son's gf, MADE her dad (who is my age) cut off his ponytail a few years ago. She and my son said it was embarrassing to be seen with him out in public. They felt it made him look too "hippie"-like. I don't think he minded though, since it was getting gray, thin, and balding on top.

Still, don't these kids know what long hair stood for?

Anna B
09-13-2012, 06:40 PM
*sigh* I know. My son's gf, MADE her dad (who is my age) cut off his ponytail a few years ago. She and my son said it was embarrassing to be seen with him out in public. They felt it made him look too "hippie"-like. I don't think he minded though, since it was getting gray, thin, and balding on top.

Still, don't these kids know what long hair stood for?

Reine, hi. No I don't think they do.

Anna x

:rose2:

sometimes_miss
09-15-2012, 12:25 AM
What is your hangup about someone considering you gay?
I'll address this. As I already work in a predominantly female profession, coming out as a crossdresser would pretty much put the 'see, I told you he was gay' stamp on me; how do I know? Because I hear the women discussing things like this every few months or so, when they see a guy who they think is gay do something to confirm their suspicians for them. I already have a difficult enough time attracting women, giving them one more feminine thing about me would make it even more of a task, and I don't need anything to make my life harder. Some people like to be martyrs; I don't.

Beverley Sims
09-15-2012, 03:54 AM
Tiffany,
I would have to find a new hobby.
Already played Mothers and Fathers.
Maybe play with dolls.
No! I did that when I was younger. They were real ones too. :)

Anneliese
09-15-2012, 08:25 AM
This is an interesting thread.

I am a hippie who had long hair and a pony-tail then and now.

I fought tooth and nail to keep my job in high-school when the redneck boss tried to force me to cut my hair. I got the union (remember those?) involved, and would NOT cut my hair. At one point I DID wear a short-haired wig, which I still have around the house somewhere. (along with my (rivaling Hedwig's) collection of girlie wigs...Halloween is a glorious time, isn't it?) I won and kept my job (until I went off to college). People today can't believe we actually had to fight to wear our hair long.

I love women's jeans (as well as dresses, skirts, blouses, etc), and have a ton of them I've bought at thrift stores. There are the "not obvious" ones, which I wear every day (haven't found too many "not obvious" shorts, so in warm weather I wear tight men's shorts), and then there are the "obvious ones". MOST of what would be considered obvious today could have easily been worn by men in the 60's and early 70's (or today, to a Dead show...yes, I know Jerry's gone, but Dead shows still exist) without causing anyone to even pay much attention. I have LOTS of jeans with flowers, rivets, or fancy designs on them I haven't worn "out" yet because of the reaction I'm not ready for.

I did find a pair of amazing tie-dyed jeans I plan to wear out, though.

As per the discussion that 95% of the population doesn't care, that may be a little high except in SF and other big cities, but even if that were the case, it would seem one might be in potential danger from the remaining 5%.

Anneliese
09-15-2012, 04:16 PM
I love place! Truly.

One thing that frustrates me about this forum is how new threads are started rather than replying to similar previous threads.

There aren't THAT many different topics.

We should keep a related thread going for a few days rather than starting a new one.

Random thoughts are girly.

Keeping to the subject at hand is manly.

Perhaps that explains things.

LOL.

Rachel Morley
09-15-2012, 05:00 PM
If guys wearing skirts and traditionally feminine clothing like tights & leggings, spaghetti strapped tanks, lace, etc. was more widely accepted ....Would "passing" be so much of an issue? Yes I think it still would remain the same "issue". How come? Because IMHO a guy wearing some of his girlfriend's spaghetti strap tops and leggings is not the same as presenting fully en femme, looking and acting like a woman. I think passing is when you would like people to believe that you are female not just a girly looking dude who's wearing a few very obvious girl's clothes.

Personally, I would absolutely love it if I could go out wearing spaghetti strapped tanks and girls jeans or a jean skirt (presenting as a girly guy) without people staring at me or thinking I'm weird. That would be awesome. I'd still want to dress fully sometimes too and try to pass but I'd like to be able to mix it up and not get "looks".

Cheryl T
09-16-2012, 07:56 AM
If it were widely accepted then I would be full time. This is part of me. It's who I am and what makes me ME.
I wouldn't change that except to embrace it fully were it generally accepted.

NathalieX66
09-16-2012, 06:54 PM
If it were widely accepted then I would be full time. This is part of me. It's who I am and what makes me ME.
I wouldn't change that except to embrace it fully were it generally accepted.

Cheryl, Unless you have got taunted at , or discriminated against, then you have no idea what it feels like. Yes, you and I have been to the Town & Country Diner. That's all fine and good.

I have also gotten great treatment and respect in the northern section of our great slimy state of ours New Jersey, restaurants, movie theatres, supermarkets, shopping malls. Last week, I was out in lower Manhattan at a French Bistro, and a yuppie nightclub with friends of mine....nothing but courteous treatment and respect, and fun conversations.

You got blood on your face, or kicked out? Fine.....let's talk.

Don't complain until you faced the discrimination.

This is who we are......DEAL WITH IT!

Peace & love,
Nathalie

STACY B
09-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Only one way to find out ,,,Let do it an see ,,,Other words Lets get this Party started ! Come on I already plowed the way line up behind me an keep up ...Its great