PDA

View Full Version : Great day at the mall

I Am Paula
09-12-2012, 05:07 PM
I go out with my wife daily, as she's now in a wheelchair from muscular dystophy, either to the mall, or lunch, anywhere to get her some fresh air, and out of the house for a few hours.
Today I dropped her off at a restaurant for one of hers friends birthday, and had a couple of hours by myself. I find that store sa's always want to make a fuss over me, they all know me, and I love to chat, so sometimes I think my wife feels left out. Today was rather liberating. Spent a half hour at MAC getting some foundation, the wonderful girl helping me had me in the chair demonstrating all the new stuff. Then off to Nine West for some fall ankle boots, must have tried on six pairs. bought one. Next up, to pray at the altar of Coach . Must have talked purses for forty minutes. Didn't buy anything, but have my eye on a tan saddle bag. Finally, tried on some jeans that didn't work, and my wife called to say she was ready to be picked up.
I love my wife, and our daily outings together, but today I had a chance to go at my own pace. Tommorow I'll be back to pushing her around, and enjoying that just as much.

Jamie Christopher
09-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Celeste:

Great story to share and kudos on being a great spouse as well. Very, very nice.

Jamie

EllenJo
09-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Good for you Celeste. I am also a caregiver for a very ill spouse and you need to take care of yourself so you can take care of her. I am so glad you enjoyed your time to indulge yourself even for a few hours. Bless you and your wife.