PDA

View Full Version : Wig Swimming Dream

Megan_Renee
09-13-2012, 04:47 AM
I would love, some day, to be able to go to the beach en fem. As I pondered this I started wondering... What would a wig do in the ocean? Hmm....

Have any of you ever gone swimming in the ocean? (Not in drab... Obviously some of you have done this...)

What did you do about your wigs?

Cheryl T
09-13-2012, 04:51 AM
Not in the ocean, but in a hotel pool. A wig will do just what hair does....go flat. It will have no style or shape and reveal every aspect of your face. The only thing is that it will not dry as fast as hair (especially the cap). I would not recommend getting it wet if you want to keep your look for the rest of the day.
If you do go in Salt water then remember to wash it when you take it off.

Jenny_S
09-13-2012, 07:30 AM
It has been my experience that most women typically do not get their hair wet while at the pool or beach. I know this doesn't really answer your question but it does highlight the norms of women in that venue. I can wait to try that myself.

JS

Stephenie S
09-13-2012, 07:59 AM
I don't wear a wig, but as I am older and have thin "little old lady" hair, I wear hair piece. It clips to my hair and gives me more volume and fullness. I swim with it. As someone mentioned already, many women, myself included, don't regularly get their hair wet when swimming (remember bathing caps? My mother NEVER went in the water without one.). I pin my hair up in a bun and try not to get my head in the water. If I do get it wet, it dries quickly at the beach, but that's mostly because my little old lady hair is so thin and fine. If I wore a wig, I would not go in the ocean because the salt can be so damaging.

Look, lots of women wear wigs. Wigs are not the province of crossdressers. If you wear a wig, it's OK to take it off to go in the water. Take a plastic bag with you to the beach. Take off your wig, put it in the bag, go swimming, come out and put your wig back on. Easy. Or, just get it wet and be prepared for the extra care it will need.

Stephie

Sandra
09-13-2012, 01:38 PM
There is already a ongoing thread here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?178583-Wigs-and-Swimming-(Pool-Lake-Ocean)-What-would-you-recommend&highlight=wearing+a+wig+when+swimming)