PDA

View Full Version : pretty gurls

deejay_blaze
09-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Hello to all,

I am new here and have browsed the hundreds of posts on this site. I have to say, I don't understand why you all dress, which is why I joined the site to understand. But it is impressive. There are some very lovely photos that many of you have shared.

DJ

kellycan27
09-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Cause we'd catch a cold, get sunburned or arrested for not dressing? :heehee:

Cynthia Anne
09-13-2012, 10:36 PM
I think Kelly answerd it best! So all I can tell you it's because WE can!

Marleena
09-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Cause we'd catch a cold, get sunburned or arrested for not dressing? :heehee:

Lol..Good answer! Because we can too.:)

melissakozak
09-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Very funny. Don't think of us dressing as behavior but more as an act of self identity and it becomes a whole lot easier for everyone to grasp. To the ignorant, it looks like something I do; but for us, it is self expression and identity in the truest sense of the word....

danielle.cd
09-13-2012, 10:49 PM
well u see all the purtys girls and say i want to be like that its beautiful and then u strive to make it happen . plus it feels amazing , when your a guy people expect u to be a certain way and when in lady mode people dont see u as a man and dont expect u to be that way . its like the weight of the world just fell of your shoulders and u stomped on it with your heals and felt damn good doing it,, plus the clothes for men and women have a different fit and feel to them , and there are more options in clothing than males have , whats not to love about dressing female

Candice Mae
09-13-2012, 10:49 PM
You do know that we are guys right? We can't just throw on a wig, make up, and forms and come out looking like Jessica alba.

kellycan27
09-13-2012, 11:02 PM
You do know that we are guys right? We can't just throw on a wig, make up, and forms and come out looking like Jessica alba.

Um...I am not a guy :heehee:

Ellyn
09-13-2012, 11:03 PM
There are probably dozens of different reasons for crossdressing. Some say it is genetic, some say it is learned, and from my experience I would tend to favour the second opinion since I was started in crossdressing while very young, by an older sister who would put a dress on me so she would have someone to play with, doing the girley things little girls like to do, such as play house and have tea at her little table and chairs. It was probably an experience of comfortable acceptance that still affects my inner feelings even after decades which inspires me to crossdress because I find it inwardly a comfortable thing to do.

Candice Mae
09-13-2012, 11:07 PM

Sorry Kelly, I was referring to CDs.

kellycan27
09-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Sorry Kelly, I was referring to CDs.

I know.. I was just messin with ya.

Tracii G
09-14-2012, 12:41 AM
It's an expression of one of my sides nothing more than that.
I cannot think of a better way to keep balance in my life.I feel both male and female internally so I let the female side come out every so often.
Being able to shed the one personality and step in to the other is truly a blessing IMO.
I know I will never be a woman and don't want to change my sexual orientation its just a release for balance sake.
I'm not into it for sexual deviance or to shock anyone and no I'm not a pervert or gay.Just a male person that has a bit of a feminine side.
Women are beautiful creatures to be loved and admired I just like to dress that role sometimes.

Just to add dressing as a woman will and does not make you gay or want to hit on guys.

bridget thronton
09-14-2012, 01:25 AM
Kelly said it best - most of us aren't nudist so wearing clothes is the natural things to do

noeleena
09-14-2012, 02:35 AM
Hi,

I spos you could say iv nothing else to wear other than womens clothes ,& no i dont pretend to be pretty or try to , im just a woman who's a bit different, thats all.

...noeleena...

Meghan
09-14-2012, 02:39 AM
Not sure if I made it in your list, but I really, really appreciate your sentiment :)

I think that kind of reaction is exactly why we do what we do. You don't know why but you appreciate that it's happening.

That sounds VERY familiar :) Thank you so much.

Meghan

sterling12
09-14-2012, 02:47 AM
So, are you like an Admirer Dude? Or a Curious Dude? Or a Curious Dudette? Deejay Blaze doesn't tell us a lot, except maybe your A Deejay? And if you are, what flavor? DJ working in A Club? DJ doing Birthday Gigs? Or DJ working in Radio or Television?

I don't know if any of this is important, or any of my business, but I never got to do a paragraph of sentences with question marks before this! Long Ago and Far Away, I spent a prolonged period as A Radio and TV Dj Dude, so I'm somewhat curious. Kind of important to me, Ya' know?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Globetrekker65
09-14-2012, 02:54 AM
Hi, Everyone:

I am sure that there are as many reasons to dress as there are those who do so. I, for one, am not bothered by the number and variety of reasons. I am appreciative of the courage it takes for someone to follow what must be a difficult path, and in awe of how truly beautiful many of you are. Kudos, and keep it up.

An admirer.

Kimberlyfaye
09-14-2012, 03:14 AM
Every one of us have our own reasons. We are all different yet we're also so similar. It's nice knowing there are decent people who admire us for what and who we are :)

Welcome to you both

donnalee
09-14-2012, 04:38 AM
There is no why; there is only is.

Beverley Sims
09-14-2012, 08:52 AM

And I guess you are justly proud of that statement. :)
As you should be.

Foxglove
09-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Back in the Dark Ages, I had a curious problem: lots of times when I was speaking most sincerely to people, I felt totally insincere. They may have thought I was being me. I felt like I was a total phony.

Now: people might say I'm a total phony, but I certainly feel like me.

Best wishes,
Annabelle

Michelle 2
09-14-2012, 09:50 AM
All the answers to this post are accurate and insightful. I agree with the statement above that because we can is very factual. Add in the pure fun of it as my 2 cents.

Michelle

kellycan27
09-14-2012, 01:15 PM
And I guess you are justly proud of that statement. :)
As you should be.

In a nutshell.................... very much so.

Kimberlyfaye
09-14-2012, 01:21 PM
In a nutshell.................... very much so.

How did you get in the nutshell? You must be a flexible girl. And too right you should be proud.

My reason for dressing is, well ok I admit it, I'm jealous of girls. They get to wear all the best clothes and they have such a sexy figure. All inny and outy :D They are just way better than men. So I want to be one. And the girl inside me agrees so I can't argue with her.

Jocelyn Quivers
09-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Haven't you heard dressing and presenting as a woman is the coolest, manliest thing to do. Also my doctor suggested I do it in order to lower my blood pressure!

carhill2mn
09-14-2012, 01:43 PM
I am a little confused by your intro. You wonder why we all "dress" but you do not say why you have been browsing the
site and then joining it. I assume that you have some interest in crossdressing also. As to reasons why the members here
"dress", there are a great many different ones. IMHO, the most prevalent ones are that we feel that we need to and that
we like to.

In any case, I hope that you will learn more about us and be able to understand "us" a little more.

JenniferR771
09-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Deejay, thanks for the lovely photos compliment.
I dress as a woman because I am a crossdresser. Born this way. As much a part of me as being born left-handed, (which I am not).

Crissy Kay
09-14-2012, 02:00 PM
I cd because I think its a fun thing to do!!

Tara D. Rose
09-14-2012, 02:22 PM
I become Tara because I need to. It's always been with me. I used to not understand it, then I began to understand it, and then I didn't understand it. Round and round it goes. I don't do it for fun, though it is fun and relieves so much stress. I quit for some years and I was miserable and didn't really know why, now that I can do this anytime I want, life is easier for me. I know it will never go away. Now I embrace it.

Brianna612
09-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Now I embrace it.

I think "embrace it" is right. I will never understand it but I will forever embrace my female side. I just have so much more fun with infinite choices.

Brittany CD
09-14-2012, 04:07 PM
It can be very hard to understand, especially if you are not aware of crossdressing. For me personally, it has nothing to do with gender or sexuality. I've always just loved female fashion and have preferred it over male clothes. I've also always been fond of wigs. When I found out I could just use makeup and look like a girl, I just thought that would be fun to do, so I do it

Sandra1746
09-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Seriously though, if you really have to ask the question then no explanation we could give would make sense. We all feel something missing that dressing makes up for in some small way. We don't feel complete without it.

Hugs,
Sandra1746

Pexetta
09-14-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't understand why you all dress

Well, i've got the idea that I'm Napoleon, and putting on this three-cornered hat and holding my arm like this makes me feel more like I'm really him.

sometimes_miss
09-15-2012, 12:14 AM
I dress because I only feel 'normal' when dressed as a girl. If you want all the psychological reasons, you'll have to read my bio, the link is in my sig at the bottom of this post. It's pretty lengthy. If you have any questions, message me and I will try to elaborate on the specific things you don't quite understand.

Nikki Buck
09-15-2012, 10:23 AM
I dress because it is fun and reduces my stress, and I just luv the feel of satin, and walking in heels, To each person there is a different reason, but I really don't have to satify anyone but me.

Ressie
09-15-2012, 11:11 AM
The underlying reason goes back to childhood for most CDs. As a child, someone thought it would be cute to dress you up, or at least put one female article of clothing on you. Or maybe there was curiosity to try on mom's garment. Maybe when sis was playing dress up, you were there and got involved. That's how I got started anyway.

Lillyasia
09-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Why ask why? Really, is there some reason like research for a paper or something. Or is it "just curiosity"?

Barbara Jo
09-15-2012, 12:31 PM
First off..... welcome to the fourm.

I must ask, why did you register her?
If it was for info on why people are crossdressers, there are many diffent answers as there is no one size that fits all becuase there are many different types of crossdressers .

It's like asking why someone likes ice cream ... there are no right or wrong answers .
So do not form an opinion on us......or define us from a few responses.

I can tell you that most CDers do so simply because they love feeling/being feminine as the basis for it . However, the million dollar question is why any given CDer likes to feel feminine and there is where it get interesting and much varied . I would be wiiling to wager that many do not even know the answer to that about themselvs . :)

docrobbysherry
09-15-2012, 12:31 PM
I agree with the many others that wonder who u r and what the point of your question is? I'm not replying because I think you've already received more than enuff info considering what info you've supplied us!

becky77
09-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Wish I knew why I needed to dress, it's just always been that way. Would be easier and probably better if I didn't need/want to do it.