PDA

View Full Version : Fully out for the first time!

MandyTS
11-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Hello all,

Juat wanted to share a bit about my first time out as my real self from beyond the house. I currently live at home, parents know about all the TS intersex stuff and they know I am seeing a gender therapist working on beinging transistion.

It was a whim, I woke up late from a nap (I work graveyards and the session is in Los Angeles over 65 miles away each way). I had nothing ready to wear and I said wait, I am a girl, why am I going to wear this guy stuff!? Twenty minutes I was out the door, blouse, skirt, sandles, hair, makeup, etc. I went very natural with the makeup, just a bit of foundation, some eyeshadow, mascara and some lip gloss. To be honest was I concerned about passing? No not really, I am who I am and nothing changes that so if I get read who cares.

Down to LA, 70 minutes drive uneventful, drove a little fast but big deal. Therapy was great, after was the interesting part. I walked the two blocks back to my car when I decided I wanted a jamba juice (smothee). I have a fairly adroginous voice when I don't scream and go deep into my chest cavity and no one really made any comments the whole time. I di dhave something happen though...

Some guy was checking me out! :eeek: He asked me for my number and not even being at that point yetI said no, he asked again, that is when I blew my cover about beng a guy and he backed off... dang overforward guys!

Overall the day was great short of my purse not wanting to stay on my shoulder (I guess they call it a hand bag for a reason (I need an actual long straped purse!). Did I get read, probably more than once, I a 6'6" and gout a bunch of Wow! you are all comments but other than that it was fun. I really can not wait to start HRT and get ready to be close to RLT!

Attached is a photo of me walking back into the house after being out for 5 hours. My makeup wasnot perfect by this time and I was a bit tired for a 2 hour drive bak but I was happy.

Mandy

JoAnnDallas
11-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Looking good Mandy. Go girl.

TGMarla
11-22-2005, 09:38 AM
You know what Mandy? That's nothing short of great! I'm very glad for you. I know that this life has not been an easy one for you. And being a big girls makes things even tougher. How many times have you found yourself wondering how much easier all this would be for you if you were about a foot shorter? But all in all, you look very natural in your pic there, you had a positive experience, men actually accepted you as a girl, and you threw off the burden of hiding yourself from the rest of the world.

Way to go. One step at a time. You took a big step.

:cheer:

uknowhoo
11-22-2005, 09:46 AM
Good for you, sweetie!
What a positive first experience out, and it'll just get easier from here.
Woo hoo!
Take care.
Hugs,
Tammi

Holly
11-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Wow, Mandy... way to go. Lot's has been happening for you recently! Being taken for a GG on your very first outing must have been very flattering indeed. I must confess that I am a bit confused, though. I thought I understood you to say that you are a high school science teacher. I know that we are fighting overcrowding in our classrooms, but a graveyard teaching assignment? :eek:

MandyTS
11-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Wow, Mandy... way to go. Lot's has been happening for you recently! Being taken for a GG on your very first outing must have been very flattering indeed. I must confess that I am a bit confused, though. I thought I understood you to say that you are a high school science teacher. I know that we are fighting overcrowding in our classrooms, but a graveyard teaching assignment? :eek:

Transistion politics if you wish.

I can not loose my teaching credentials in the state due to TS status but I can be let go because I do not have tenure. I am keeping my old job (working minimal hours, usually on the weekends) as a last ditch job if I get canned during transistion. My current "night" job I can not be fired by the department but only through HR and they have an antidiscrimination policy in place and I have a 3 year contract... I am not going anywhere!

Mandy

Kimberly
11-22-2005, 11:46 AM
woooo!! Go, Mandy!!

xx

Kim E
11-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi Mandy ~
I admire your determination and courage and I'm sure you are an inspiration to many here. As always, I'm very proud and happy for you. :)

Hugs ~ Kim

Sam-antha
11-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Mandy girl, thats living that was.
It still is so get up and go like that again. I wish I could get up one morning and go like you did. I am just not brave enough that's for sure. I have to think about it and then perhaps.
Great ain't it ?

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-22-2005, 02:22 PM
That's great Mandy! I know you were worried about your height, but it sounds like you probably attracted no more attention than a typical WNBA player would.

Tracy Lynn
11-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Thats great Mandy, glad you can go about your business and not be bothered by what other people think. Maybe I'll be that brave someday.

Wendy me
11-22-2005, 02:54 PM
way to go you looked good you looked like a gg going out dressed comfy ....

jennifer easton
11-22-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm sayin!!! you look great mandy, just wish you all the best!
xoxoxJennifer

Sharon
11-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Congratulations, Mandy, for both your poise and determination. And you look wonderful also! :thumbsup: :)

Dayna
11-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Mandy,

Great step forward--you should be proud. Thank you for sharing with us! :thumbsup:

Jesse69
11-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Mandy - but won't you be into guys after you transition ? Or will you still be into girls ? (Then there's no need to transition!)

Rachel Morley
11-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Great stuff Mandy! No really, I'm very happy that your first outing en femme was so successful. Now, I know people will say that pictures can be misleading but I think you look really good in the photo.

Understated....relaxed.....and very in keeping with a GG of your age.

Keep doing it! :)

andreaboots
11-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Hey Mandy!! Ya lookin' damn good and way to go with your determination too! Gives me courage!!! love ya!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KatieZ
11-23-2005, 12:06 AM
Congrats on your first outing Mandy. :thumbsup:

You look great in your picture, but really girlfriend, buy a new purse. :)

Hugs

Shannon
11-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Congratulations Mandy! I am so happy for you.

Jasmine Ellis
11-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Hi Mandy, you look fab love, your first outing you look like you've been doing it for a long time sweetheart, well done darling