PDA

View Full Version : SOPHIA'S FIRST NIGHT OUT!!! (Warning: LONG effin' post for a LONG effin' night out)

Sophia Claire
09-16-2012, 02:52 AM
Okay, where to begin? First, I abandoned the idea of the concert in favor of the "LGBT friendly" bar downtown. I called the cab company (because I knew I was going to get obliterated) and scheduled a cab pick-up. First time I used my fem voice. Needs some work, says moi. But then came... My first steps out the door... SO SCARY. But I did it. And each progressive step got easier. Until I reached the elevator. Little black dude sitting in front of it, waiting for a ride down, like me. The elevator stopped at literally every other floor (I was on the tenth) to pick up some Ethiopian wedding party member. And I don't think any of them were buying it. Depressing. So I got to the cab and headed off to the club. It was in a SCARY part of town, and this is coming from someone who grew up in thug territory and was undaunted by San Salvador, El Salvador or Panama City, Panama (those are real ghettos). When I got there, I swiped my card and the driver said "thanks *whatever my male name is*" which was slightly upsetting. I entered and stood in line. I got to the front and gave my ID to the attendant and he stamped my hand and led me to the bar, where my cover was added (as a woman, no less!) onto my tab and I began drinking. Three drinks later, some douchebag named Brian came up behind me and clamped both hands over both my shoulders. I flinched hard and instinctively threw my right elbow back, impacting his right arm and breaking his grip on my right shoulder. I glared at him for a moment and he looked bewildered back at me.

"Do I know you?"
"No."
"So why did you grab me?"
"Oh, I just came over to introduce myself."
"Sophia."
"Brian."
... (that's the sound of me staring at him)
"So, Sophia, why aren't you dancing?"
"I'm enjoying my drink."
and then he kindly f***ed off.

About 20 minutes later, a girl comes up to me and says (keep in mind, we're in a club, so we're shouting over bad trance music)
"I love your dress!"
"Thanks!"
"Where did you get it?"
"Forever 21, believe it or not!"
"I'm so scared to go in there!"
"If I can fit into a medium there, you can do anything!"
she nodded and said
"Do you come here often?"
"No, this is my first time!"
"Let me show you around!"

And she did. She asked me who I was interested in. I told her "girls." She looked around and pointed out a girl whose name turned out to be Nat.

"She's cute!"
"Yeah, but she seems a little bit unapproachable!"
"She does, huh? ... What about her?" I'm being hooked up by a complete stranger.
"Wow, she's beautiful!"

And then this girl WHOSE NAME I DON'T EVEN KNOW goes and introduces me to this girl named Steph. Eventually, I bought her a drink and told her that it was my first time out. She was already all dreamy-eyed and grabbed my hair and said "you are so gorgeous..." She asked if she could feel my boobs. I said "sure, it's not like I can feel them." She asked me what they're made of. I told her and she didn't believe me. Then she moved in to kiss me.
then f***ing Nat stepped in and, I wish I were exaggerating, started making out with her. Steph responded. You have to have been in a gay bar to understand why this is not an uproariously unpleasant event.
Turns out that Nat and I have a lot of "likes" in common. Female anatomy. Drinks. Music. Which would be great, and I'm sure we would be fast friends if she weren't trying to steal Steph from what seemed like a GD slam dunk for senorita Sophia.

So at one point, I had to relieve myself. I go to the bartender and ask where the restroom is. His response made me deliriously happy.

"The ladies room? Through that door."
GTFO!
So I went, of course. Hell, the worst that could have happened is that I was turned off by what went on there. Unlike Steph and Nat. But more on that later.
There was a line and by the time I was in front of it, several girls in front of me (assumedly GGs, but by this point I'm so drunk I'm not sure) had told me how much they liked my dress and conversed with me about it. I took a leak and tucked everything back in its hiding place and returned to the party. Steph and Nat were gone!

"meh, probably went home together..." thought I.

Then Steph comes out of left field and says "OMG, I've been looking all over for you! I didn't know where you went! I thought you had left!" and began to hold me in a way that... well... no one this decade but my wife had done.

If you're getting mixed signals, don't worry, so was I.

So she and I shmooze a little more while her gay friends got to know each other.

Gerome comes out of left field and I don't know what his deal is, but he's determined to see Nat and Steph make out wherever possible. And they obliged.

If you're thinking WTF, don't worry, so was I.

Steph asks me "so what's your deal?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, guys? Girls?"

"Definitely girls!" She giggles.

"Seen any you like?"

"One or two. You?"

She giggles but doesn't answer.

Then a guy comes around to collect our drinks. I ask Steph what her plans were for the night.

"Oh, I don't know. I have to pick up a rabbit tomorrow." Okay, I know when I'm receiving a lame excuse. Roger that.

"Do you want to dance?"

"I'm too sober to dance!"

"Come on, it can't be that bad."

"Too sober." I had already bought her one drink and this was going not one step further until I knew something.

Last call. Drink up and get out.

"Are you coming back?!"

Really?

"Probably."

"You should!"

I cashed out and left at this point, because I wasn't sure how much more I could take.

Which brings me to the question: WTF DOES THAT MEAN?!?! Is she saying that so she can make out with Nat in front of me, or does she maybe want to see me again?

Erina
09-16-2012, 03:32 AM
Perhaps she like you as friend. If she want to see you again, well fine. Sounds like you were building a friend circuit. And that's something
Perhaps you can make other friends at the same place, but that's more up to you if you liked the club
Perhaps other members can make more of this

Personally don't like clubs that much. I enjoy and always dance at opportunities but you can't hear what friends are saying

Jamie Christopher
09-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Sophia: Wow. Congrats, and welcome to the other side for a wild ride! Great post, keep us up to date!

Jamie

Lady Slipper
09-16-2012, 09:24 AM
WHAT? I'M SO INTO YOUR STORY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE TRANCE MUSIC!!
Sounds like a blast, glad to hear you had a great time! Just don't get "clubbed to death" (Rob D referance :) )

heatherdress
09-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Seems like you had an exciting night. Congratulations. It also seems like your night and your post should end with - "I cashed out and left at this point, because I wasn't sure how much more I could take." There are no more "WTFs". Do not, take Steph or Nat or the hostess who set you up seriously or you will most likely be very disappointed. I was expecting all along for you to say that she gave you a price for further services. Enjoy your experience and anticipate new ones.

bridget thronton
09-16-2012, 11:28 AM
And lot of stuff to process for a first night out - seems mostly positive

KellyJameson
09-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Loved your story

Going to a club alone, in a bad area and your fist time out must have been very intense.

I could almost see the anger on your face when Brian grabbed you.

Diversity
09-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Interesting first night out! Congratulations, Sophia! I am surprised you didn't knock Brian to the floor! What a jerk he was. Regarding your question - sounds to me like she is interested in seeing you again and getting to know you better. Good luck!
Di

Diane Smith
09-16-2012, 05:20 PM
The ending sounds pretty typical for a night out at a club. People like to tease and flirt but it very, very rarely leads to anything deeper, or a repeat performance. You have to learn to enjoy what's happening in the moment, without any expectations that it will go further. And that can be quite pleasant, if not exactly fulfilling, at times. If you do make a more lasting connection, then it's a special added treat.

All in all, it sounds like you had a good and successful time, and honestly, you got more attention than I usually do in those situations (being terminally shy is a bitch sometimes). Keep getting out there and enjoying what you're doing at the time, but keep your expectations low and your radar tuned for potential trouble.

- Diane

Sophia Claire
09-16-2012, 06:34 PM
The ending sounds pretty typical for a night out at a club. People like to tease and flirt but it very, very rarely leads to anything deeper, or a repeat performance. You have to learn to enjoy what's happening in the moment, without any expectations that it will go further. And that can be quite pleasant, if not exactly fulfilling, at times. If you do make a more lasting connection, then it's a special added treat.

All in all, it sounds like you had a good and successful time, and honestly, you got more attention than I usually do in those situations (being terminally shy is a bitch sometimes). Keep getting out there and enjoying what you're doing at the time, but keep your expectations low and your radar tuned for potential trouble.

- Diane
Thanks, Diane! Now that I'm sober, I know you're right. It was nice to go out and be accepted. Not just accepted, but embraced both literally and figuratively. >: ) it was funand that's what's really important. Ask my divorcees out there well understand that little, but disproportionately important joy.

@ di: funny story, the chick who introduced me to Steph mentioned that he saw the thing with Brian and said that she thought I was gonna hit him and that she'd have jumped in to help me. It is kind of a dick move to sneak up on someone in a dark room like that.

ArleneRaquel
09-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Sophia Claire,
Your story was fascinating, I loved it. BTW your avatar-profile pic is most appealing.

NathalieX66
09-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Effin' Awesome!....Congrats! great story.

Where to go from here......eventually you will find out. I'm out & about.
Go Team!

Leah Lynn
09-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Sounds like a great time! Next time would you like a wingma... um... wingGIRL?

Jorja
09-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Great first night out from the way it sounds. You should make a trip back and see what happens.

Jamie Christopher
09-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Sophia:

Also, I'm jealous you fit into a size M at Forever 21! Would love to......

Jamie

Beverley Sims
09-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Now I know what I am missing out on in clubs.
I could never take my wife there, she would not understand the lingo.
The way out club in London was an eyeopener for me.

kimdl93
09-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Go back again and find out. I can tell you from personal experience that its not uncommon for girls to be interested in us. I was very much surprised the first time I was hit on, and alas, I haven't been available for a long time. I thought it was a fluke, but it happened again, the same night and again the next time out... Who knew!?!

Marleena
09-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Sounds like a great time Sophia! Go back Jack and do it again (Steely Dan song). :)

Ceri Anne
09-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Sounds like a great night out. Don't sweat the small stuff, the cab driver just used the name on the card. Other than Brian, the night sounded awsome. I was very surprised the first few times I went out, just how much GG's are interested in us......lol