PDA

View Full Version : Mufti

Lainie
09-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Yesterday had a chance to go out, considered black pencil skirt, black tights & heels. Felt really together with a strap-sleeve peasant blouse & a chunk silvery cylindrical necklace. But it's so hot in Houston it just seemed this office outfit would not do on the street, so I switched to a light but full a-line maxi skirt so I could shave only my feet & ankles & still go without tights.
Planned to stop at Vanity's (TG-friendly shop), then change & go to the Houston Fine Arts Fair. Uh-oh, the shop was closed. At that point considered wandering the local galleries or dropping in at a nearby restaurant. I've done both of those en femme a couple of times before, not on crowded Saturdays.

But this time I chickened out, changed in the car, to women's trainers, jeans, collared blouse, all black. Blouse open one button more than I would with a shirt in guy mode, showing the necklace. Really felt let down to give up the heels & peasant blouse.

Went to HFAF, still full en femme, but "in mufti"; i.e., unisex except for girl-side buttons & necklace. Nice time. Commented on the art with passersby. Saw an old acquaintance successfully exhibiting, ran into some gallery people I know, chatted with a pal & met his in-laws.

Took off the necklace & buttoned up the blouse before coming into the house. My wife--who hates my cross-dressing--had been gone when I left in a skirt. We went out to dinner at Sweet Tomato's.

All day wholly en femme. No one said a thing, and probably no one noticed.

STACY B
09-16-2012, 04:54 PM
They just want to let you do your thing SWEETIE ,,, So ya did an now it's out of your system . Until next time ,,, Then you can go a little father ,, Till you are Blowing it all out !

docrobbysherry
09-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Darn! I thot this was going to be a DIRTY thread!

Lainie, what u did I would call "passing"! Congrats! I hope u have many more enjoyable ventures out. And, that we hear about them?

EllenJo
09-16-2012, 06:10 PM
From someone still in the closet to the world and DADT at home, I so admire all of you that have the presentation and the courage to go out. My best hope is that someday I can at least dress at home when I want to.

Kaz
09-16-2012, 06:18 PM
From someone still in the closet to the world and DADT at home, I so admire all of you that have the presentation and the courage to go out. My best hope is that someday I can at least dress at home when I want to.

I have dressed and gone out... had some great adventures... but at home? That is closet stuff! xx

Beverley Sims
09-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Makes a nice day out when you are not feeling threatened.