PDA

View Full Version : First time shaven at the beach........

27th Jennifer
09-16-2012, 07:09 PM
We went to the beach for the weekend, and it was my first time out in public with totally shaven legs! To top it off, I wore a (mens) Speedo (also the first time). It's truly amazing what the ocean feels like on smooth skin. I really had no idea!
My toenails were also done, but that's something I've done for years....

I think I got a few double-takes, but most people probably assumed I was just another European tourist or something. It wasn't a very crowded beach, but I feel great! (baby steps.......)

Except for the sunburn in some places that have heretofore never seen the sun.
Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer sunscreen might not work the best, but it really looks gorgeous on your legs!

Ana B.

Launa
09-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Now trade in that speedo for a French cut bikini.

Beverley Sims
09-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer sunscreen? I think they only sell that in California.
I don't think it's a local product.

Ava Tryptyk
09-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Aside from the toenails, you could have passed as a person who professionally swims, since I know that many professional swimmers are required to shave their legs and/or wear a speedo-type bathing suit. I've never tried swimming that way, but it sounds like fun!

Cynthia Anne
09-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Sounds like you had fun! That's what really counts! Maybe next time you can wear a bikini!!!!!!!!!!!!

donna_tgirl
09-17-2012, 11:58 AM
I have kept my body totally smoothe since my college days. I've also been wearing bikini style swimwear all my life and began wearing thongs in my 20s. I may get a look or two, but that's it. The worst I've ever experienced was hearing someone comment within their party that I was gay or whatever. They never directed any comments to me. So, good for you. I'm glad you found a new enjoyment. Hope you get over the sunburn soon.

27th Jennifer
09-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks everybody! It was a wonderful time!

Diversity
09-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Good for you Ana! I'll have to give the shaved legs a try this summer. I haven't yet done this and am wanting to give it a go. Enjoy!
Di

AllisontheGoddess
09-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Well I'm glad you had fun=]--Makes me consider going out to the beach myself before the weather gets too cold XD

UNDERDRESSER
09-17-2012, 10:13 PM
I've always worn speedo type swimwear, baggy shorts are gross in the pool. I recently went to the local pool, it hadn't really occured to me that this was the first time shaved, I'll have to go again to savor the experience. ( Nobody said anything or even gave me much of a look )

I have gone to a public pool wearing sporty type bikini bottoms as well, no comments there either. ( most people can't tell the diffference if the bottoms have enough stretch and coverage )