PDA

View Full Version : Got a new set of French nails done today!

DanaJ
11-22-2005, 01:29 PM
As some of you know, I have been getting my nails done on a weekly basis since I have joined this forum (13 months ago). I got really lucky and found the greatest nail tech, she worked out of her home, knew I was a CD, and was very good. She has had me in gels for the last year, and I loved having slightly long perfectly shaped nails all the time.

Unfortunately, she just delivered the terrible news to me two weeks ago that she was quitting! So, it looks like I was going to be on the hunt again for a new tech, and I just won't go down to the corner nail salon, I need a tech that will understand my needs and does not use banned products.

I called a place last week, and just set up an appointment for a set of French acrylic nails - out of the blue. I wanted gels, but gel techs are near impossible to find. So, this morning, I went to my appointment. I was very very nervous, as you just never know on a first visit how you will be accepted. After all, you are a male, going into a traditional female place and you don't know how accepting they will be.

I arrived on time, and met with my tech. I asked to see her license, and asked to see what products she used. We chatted a bit, then we started.... Well, it turned out great, my tech was very professional, did a good job and most importantly, was fun! She didn't do the nails I wanted (pink and white acrylic) but she did a good basic acrylic with a French manicure.

We talked and I told her about Dana and my CDing interest, she was fascinated and I just happened :) to take some of my better photos along. She loved the pix, and thought they were great, which made me feel at ease there.

When I was leaving, I was going to sneak out, but there were these two girls that were at the front desk - they called me over and said "We wanna see.." so I went over and showed them my nails. They were both extremely impressed, saying how they looked better than their own nails, and how they want to get their nails done like that now. Then, they asked me why I had them - so I told them about my makeovers, and when they saw the pix - they were amazed! I was embarrassed, they kept saying how gorgeous I was, how I look nothing like my male self, etc. It was great because they never seemed to judge me negatively, and I am pretty sensitive to that....

The only down side to the whole day so far is that I was supposed to get a big makeover and photoshoot tonight too (one reason I got the nails) and now the lady I made that appointment with is trying to back out - as of now, she might still do it, but I have to wait around for her call, which sucks!

Oh, here are some pix of the nails :)

britney1
11-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Dana,

I am so jealous. your nails look FANTASTIC. I have to resort to cheap stick ons or paint my natural nails.

Sharon
11-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Gorgeous nails, Dana. I think this new nail tech may be the best one yet. :)

Tamara Croft
11-22-2005, 04:02 PM
I have to say Dana, I'm very impressed. They are a perfect set.... no cuticle showing at the bottom, nice fills at the side and perfectly shaped, you def got a pretty amazing nail tech and they are hard to come by.....

So, it all turned out great for you :D all that nervousness for nothing.... w00t!!!! and now... go on.... bugger off for your make over..... yes she got the phone call :D and we expect more pix :tongueout

JoannaDees
11-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Way to go Dana! Get right back on the horse! And out of the blue too! Damn, maybe I should get back to the salon and get nails again. You go girl!

jennig
11-22-2005, 04:58 PM
your nails look great i have been gewtting my nails done for many years and i knoe how hard it is to find a good nail tec. i have my nails just like you at this time maby just a little longer i whear them 24 7 even i male mode and yes i do get a few looks and some weird commets but i just look people in the eye and say why should girls have all the fun and anyway i like them like this. well i love the nails
love jennig:

Katrina
11-22-2005, 05:29 PM
Those look great! I LOVE Frenchy fingers! I wish I had the guts to wear them when in drab. I guess I will just have to go out dressed up more often.. :D

Wendy me
11-22-2005, 06:03 PM
veary nice as we talked i sooooo happy the new nail tech worked out for you
the outher part abought the makeover dose suck true but girlfreind those are some veary cool nails....

huge wendy hugs,,,,,,,,,,

MandyTS
11-22-2005, 06:28 PM
You ladies are so lucky... I can never have nails that long... I play the oboe and having short fingernails is paramount or you can not even hold the instrument... plus with cycling it is also a no no. I just resort to painting if I want niced colored nails... toes are done right now in a nice light purple :c9:

Mandy

Adrianne
11-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Wow Dana your nails look great, the girls are right you are beautiful.

JennyCD
11-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Very nice nails, and lovely hands as well.

Sherlyn
11-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Very cute and pretty nails Dana !!! you did it again :) how do u get the nerve to... just walk in and have them done?:p

Emma Chase
11-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Dana

Your nails look great! Your new tech did an awesome job.

Like some of the other girls have already said, I wish I had the 'balls' (no pun intended) to wear nails like that when DRAB

Emma :)

Stephanie Brooks
11-22-2005, 09:14 PM
They look great DanaJ! I'm glad things went so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm... waiting for the makeover pics... :p

dawnmcdaniels
11-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Absoloutly fantastic. My wife wont let me get french on my fingers but allows it on my toes. Currently they are pink and white acrylic. My fingers are acrylic about 1/4 inch past the fingertip in a natural plain color. They are a bit long but nobody has ever said anything even up close because they look like a clean manicure. I paint them french white tip with pink inside every now and again but cant get a real tip white french like yours.. I am sooo jealous...I love the way yours look ...You go girl!!

paulaN
11-22-2005, 09:21 PM
dana your nails look super and the girls at the salon are right. you always look fantastic. way to go girl.

Laurie Ann
11-22-2005, 09:24 PM
They do look awesome with the shape of your hand and length of you fingers the manicure looks great. I guess you found a new nail tech. Outstanding as always. I have always thought french nails are very sexy and alluring, next to a nice deep red of course.

Tiffy
11-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Love the nails Dana. Very nice. I just painted my nails and they look rotten compared to yours. I am so freakin jealous. You always look wonderful and now your nails do as well.

Kisses, April Marie

DanaJ
11-22-2005, 10:20 PM
I just wanted to give a big hug and thanks to all who have responded here :hugs: Thanks everyone for your support and compliments :) I just wish I could keep these, I just love having nails again! Oh well, I will get a set put back on soon for daily wear I think....

I did get my makeover, I just posted a thread in the Picture Forum here:
Had a ball tonight at my makeover (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18132)

Rachel Morley
11-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Fantastic stuff Dana! :cool:

I love hearing about doing girly things as a (feminized?) guy. Those 2 girls at the front desk must of made you feel fabulous as did your nail tech. Hat's off to all of them for being so supportive :)

As you know Marla has mentioned (threatened?) several times that she wants to take me to a nail salon, just for fun. If it ever happens I shall think of you and this post. Anything Dana can do (maybe?) I can do too. :D

DanaJ
11-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Fantastic stuff Dana! :cool:

I love hearing about doing girly things as a (feminized?) guy. Those 2 girls at the front desk must of made you feel fabulous as did your nail tech. Hat's off to all of them for being so supportive :)

As you know Marla has mentioned (threatened?) several times that she wants to take me to a nail salon, just for fun. If it ever happens I shall think of you and this post. Anything Dana can do (maybe?) I can do too. :DAngel, who do you think has been egging Marla on, and helping her decide what you are going to get? LOL

dawnmcdaniels
11-22-2005, 10:47 PM
try it Angel darling. Let them put on a set of acrylic natural color about 1/4 inch past your fingertip. It looks natural and feels awesome. Then youi can paint them and they look feminine. I sometimes have them make them 1/2 inch long and I file them down 1/4 inch when I am done playing. Nobody can tell !!

Rachel Morley
11-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Angel, who do you think has been egging Marla on, and helping her decide what you are going to get? LOL

:eek: I knew it! Marla didn't exactly say it was you, she just hinted that it might be fun if I had nice girly nails like Dana's! I already have shaped (longish) clear shiny polish on them all the time. She wants to take me as a girly guy and have something done properly. I am feeling pretty nervous about it, maybe it won't happen :o

TGMarla
11-23-2005, 09:26 AM
This is me being jealous!

:redface:

JoAnnDallas
11-23-2005, 10:20 AM
I got my acrylic nails about two months ago and just love them. The ONLY person that has made any negitive comment is my grand-neice. She said I should not have girlly nails. Then she called her mother over and showed her my nails and her mother just looked at them and commented on how nice they looked and what a good job my nail tech had done. Well grand-neice was suprised at her mother's reaction and after she discovered that no one in the family had any negitive reaction, she stopped complaining.

I have found that no one (other than my grand-neice) has said anything or even taken notice of my nails.

One day I had a chat with 4 GG's at the nail salon and they were very empressed with my nails and even suggested a Light Pink polish.

My nail tech said more and more men are taking better care of their nails, toes, eyebrows, and face.

It's kinda like how it was a few years ago when men started going to hair salons and getting their hair styled. Now it's nail salons and spa's.

Tabathasiren
11-23-2005, 10:58 AM
wow! Nice looking nails!

Marla GG
11-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Dana, it took some guts to call a salon out of the blue and say you wanted acrylic nails and a French manicure! You had to be either very brave or very desperate...:p Your new tech sounds like a keeper. I love happy endings.

And your nails look amazing. I'm jealous! I hope you can keep them on for a while and enjoy them before you have to trim them down.

DanaJ
11-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks again everyone! Marla, it was so strange - I am an old pro when it comes to nails, but I was really nervous when I made that call! As for your choices, I think very desperate works best here :D I had been looking forward to this for weeks, and I was extremely disappointed when my old nail tech canceled and quit on me!

Well, all good things must come to an end - I am sitting here right now soaking off these nails :( I just really hate to do this, but - real life has a nasty way of sneaking up on us....

TGMarla
11-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Darn lucky GGs....get to KEEP them......Grrrr! :D