PDA

View Full Version : First time out in manchester

Helen45
09-18-2012, 09:55 AM
hi all last week my now fiance ! took me out , we stayed in velvet hotel which is fab !! had a brilliant night as helen from getting ready to actually stepping out of the room and outside but first time for her to so ended back in hotel bar for a drink which i had to go and get from the bar :) felt great !! then went down to the restraunt far a pizza, then back up to the bar again going for drinks myself, when we got back to the room she told me to go and get some more drinks all by myself which i did :battingeyelashes::o loved it !! were going back to in october, cant wait !!! thanks karen XX

JenniferUK
09-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Welcome to Manchester. We're a friendly bunch.

J

JenniferR771
09-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Way to go, Helen. I am so jealous.

carolinewalker_2000
09-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Manchester has to be just about the most tranny friendly city anywhere. Enjoy your next visit.

Beverley Sims
09-18-2012, 11:48 AM
I would have thought Manchester would have been a little intimidating.
Must examine it more closely next time I go there.

Diversity
09-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Hi Helen,
Good for you and your fiance! Thanks for sharing your story. It's always great to hear of couples who support one another and are enjoying being together and allowing each other the freedom to be themselves. Best wishes for the future.
Di

Amy A
09-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Must examine it more closely next time I go there.

Manchester has a thriving gay and transgender scene, mostly centred around Canal Street (where velvet is), but crossdressers and transexuals are a farely common sight around the entire city centre. When I finally pluck up the courage to go out it will undoubtably be there, as there won't be a more accepting place to make a 'debut' in. Blackpool has a strong gay/tg scene as well but you've every chance of getting a kicking there regardless of what you're wearing.

Glad you had such a good time, Helen!

Emma Leigh
09-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Glad you had a great time Helen

Manchester has to be just about the most tranny friendly city anywhere. Enjoy your next visit.

Huh????.....not in my experience.........try living there

You are right there Beverley........other than Canal Street that is

Anna B
09-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Never visited Canal Street in last few decades, but just googled it and it does look like its a very CD friendly place.

Can't guarantee the reception you'd get in Moss Side though!!!

StephineUK
09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
i used to live in manchester some time ago .. only a hr drive from where i live .. tempted to go and have a look , anyone want to arrange a meet up?? if thats ok to ask?

Lori B
09-18-2012, 06:18 PM
does anyone know starrynowhere?......(Emma).....her videos are great>> r5VDOvmGI7U&list=UU4KGO1K3iboqEhjQOfo3VLA&index=1&feature=plcp

RainyNightGirl
09-18-2012, 08:31 PM
I never knew that about Manchester either. I must give it a try sometime.

flic
09-19-2012, 03:33 AM
Manchester's an excellent night out for sure, very friendly and very accepting, canal st. is the safest but to be honest there's enough open minded people around for a venture around northern quarter also, this is a good night out...if you're feeling particularly brave!
x Flic x

Helen45
09-19-2012, 05:44 AM
hi all , i was absolutely in a place i love now and looking forward to many more outings going further each time bar to bar feel like a kid at christmas ! velvet hotel is the place to stay :)

Helen45
09-19-2012, 06:04 AM
Manchester's an excellent night out for sure, very friendly and very accepting, canal st. is the safest but to be honest there's enough open minded people around for a venture around northern quarter also, this is a good night out...if you're feeling particularly brave!
x Flic x

Hi flic was a great night even though we stayed in the hotel bit by bit i think :o next outing booked oct :D 4" high heels are a bit to high tho ! need more practice walking, loved wearing the stockings and skirt tho with new top from river island :D

Helen45
09-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Welcome to Manchester. We're a friendly bunch.

J

hi jennifer, it certainly was friendly, love canal st !

JenniferUK
09-19-2012, 06:25 AM
hi jennifer, it certainly was friendly, love canal st !

It does rain quite a bit so keep a brolly in your handbag next time.

Hugs

J