PDA

View Full Version : Compliments ...how fun!

GeminaRenee
09-19-2012, 12:01 PM
This past weekend, I had the opportunity to hang out with a married couple while dressed. The lady of the coupling was certainly no slouch in the beauty department. In fact, I thought she had a very cute sense of style, with this sort of foresty green dress, cute heeled boots, and some red leaf earrings. One part legend of Zelda, four parts "wow, sexy."

Anyways, she was very complimentary of my appearance the other evening, which of course I took with a grain of salt, since very often compliments for CDs have unspoken caveats like "Oooh, you're very cute (for a man playing dress up)", that sort of thing.

Flattered nonetheless, I went on my way. Yesterday, I received an unsolicited text from her saying that I've inspired her to step up her "appearance game." She went on to say that she was hoping we could go shopping, whereupon I could give her my input and advice.

Now that was a surprise, and quite a hefty compliment as far as I'm concerned. It's one thing to pay gracious lip service to one's appearance, but another altogether to consider them a possible font of fashion and beauty advice. Me - a pretend girl - a muse for a real one? Well, I guess wonders really never will cease!

Anyhow, that got me thinking. I was wondering what stories some of you might have about compliments about your femme selves that you never expected, and maybe just blew your mind.

Thanks for sharing!

Lorileah
09-19-2012, 01:01 PM
What a nice surprise. I too often wonder about the unspoken part of the compliment but I have learned that usually who ever gives you the compliment is sincere. Isn't it great to have someone ask you to shop with them?

kimdl93
09-19-2012, 02:00 PM
I agree with Lori, most of the time, people actually do say what they mean. We tend to interject our own subtext and that often reflects our own insecurities.

So now you have a new friend and shopping companion. How cool is that!

Jorja
09-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Hit the bricks and get out there shopping with a new friend. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Victoria StJohn
09-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Kali, what a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing this with us. We'll be waiting to hear about your new shopping adventures. You go girl!!!!!!!!:)

JenniferLynn0370
09-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Sounds like an opportunity for a girl's night out!

Dragster
09-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Result Kali. But if you go shopping with her, make sure her husband is happy with that, or with you both!

Tony

Diversity
09-20-2012, 06:48 PM
That's wonderful, KaliBrooke! Probably the best compliment you could have been given! I bellieve it says a lot for your own appearance and for the way you conducted yourself. Perhaps the lady admires your courage and is also interested in you! I'd keep an open eye...... :)
Di

Anna B
09-20-2012, 06:53 PM
That's wonderful, KaliBrooke! Probably the best compliment you could have been given! I bellieve it says a lot for your own appearance and for the way you conducted yourself. Perhaps the lady admires your courage and is also interested in you! I'd keep an open eye...... :)
Di

I'd love to believe it was for your fashion sense, but being a suspicious person, I have to agree with Di's last sentence. Hope I'm wrong!

BLUE ORCHID
09-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi Kali, That sounds great but please do let us know how it went.

Oh by the way how does her husband feel about this??

GeminaRenee
09-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Well, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. We're hitting the mall on Tuesday, with shoes, dresses, & lingerie on the brain! (:

In regards to her husband, and as to what her intentions may be, I'll just say this: He quite clearly approves of me, and of my hanging out with her. We all get along quite well, and we all share similar progressive views about the nature of human relationships. I think that things will be just fine!

ColleenCD
09-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Hi Kali,

Interesting storyline. It appears you have struck her fashion nerve. Can't wait to read chapter 2.

Colleen

reb.femme
09-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Anyhow, that got me thinking. I was wondering what stories some of you might have about compliments about your femme selves that you never expected, and maybe just blew your mind.

Hi Kali,

My only positive so far is that no-one has said I look butt ugly....or anything else negative as yet.
If I get a real positive, I'll come back. So for now, I'll live with my small mercies.

Reb

Jamie Christopher
09-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Kali: I think that's just great, and am so happy for you. Let us know how the shopping trip goes!

Jamie

Beverley Sims
09-23-2012, 10:20 PM
It looks like a good opportunity.
Now the cautions, the husband's acceptance and her designs on you.
Hope it is all good.