PDA

View Full Version : Do you 'feel' like a boy or a girl? And where are you on the transgendered spectrum?

Andrea J
09-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Now people can just look down and see if they are a boy or a girl and think academically if I have this body I am a boy, if I have that body I am a girl. However for pre-transition transsexuals what they see they are and what they 'feel' or even 'know' they are may be at odds.

So do people in general 'feel' male or female? Do cis-gendered people feel they are the sex they are? Or do they lack any such feeling but are just happy being what they are?

So do you 'feel' like a boy or a girl? And where are you on the transgendered spectrum? Okay this website won't give many cis-gendered answers but at least you'll know what I'm talking about. Ask in most forums and I expect a response like WTF?

EDIT:

A few people have made the point that they don't want to be put under a label. This is understandable. My may main question was meant to be: Do you feel like a boy or a girl and the other part about the transgendered spectrum (though interesting) was mainly to put the answer in context i.e. if you feel you're cis-gendered or TS etc.

Kimberlyfaye
09-20-2012, 06:58 AM
The short answer, girl. Long answer, defiantely girl.

Kate Simmons
09-20-2012, 07:20 AM
I don't use the "spectrum" Hon. I prefer not to be classified by other people. I'm just myself and my own person.:)

Erica2Sweet
09-20-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm not sure what it is to "feel" like a woman because I've never been a woman to know. So, I suppose I feel like a male who enjoys presenting himself as a female when the opportunity arises.

Karren H
09-20-2012, 07:42 AM
I don't use the "spectrum" Hon. I prefer not to be classified by other people. I'm just myself and my own person.:)

Bingo! .......................................

laurieg
09-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Definity feel like a total woman

Andrea J
09-20-2012, 07:57 AM

Good point. Though due to the question it is useful to know if you are a cis-gendered, TS etc.

Karren H
09-20-2012, 08:04 AM
If you want to create labels for yourself.... I'll lend you my old Dymo label maker! :D

Jorja
09-20-2012, 08:12 AM
I reach down and feel my arm...... girl. I feel my legs.....girl. I feel my butt..... girl. I must be a girl!

Aloha Jayne
09-20-2012, 08:14 AM
For all my life I had guy parts and so I only felt like a guy. (boy). Just a boy with "unusual"'interests. But for the last year after Jayne introduced herself to me, I have begun to discover what it's like to feel like a woman. And now I'm beginning to wonder if I ever really felt like a guy. I guess I'm not sure what it's like to feel like either one. But judging from my first 50 years of life, most people don't even think about it and never question whether they feel like one or the other. Unlike me that questions everything.

kimdl93
09-20-2012, 08:14 AM
if I were on the spectrum with red on one end and blue on the opposite end, I suppose I'd be somewhere in the bluish/purple area...a bit more to the female side of the spectrum

Kate Simmons
09-20-2012, 08:20 AM
If you want to create labels for yourself.... I'll lend you my old Dymo label maker! :DSeems like we HAVE to be classified Karr, whether we want to be or not. Evidently you and I never got that memo.:heehee::)

BLUE ORCHID
09-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Hi Andrea, I'm all guy I just like to dress as a lady.

nikkijo
09-20-2012, 08:27 AM
all girl.... took me 29 years of torturing myself to see it i dont feel there is a spectrum... its either you know and once you begin to transition you know instantly if its right... or you know instantly that choice was wrong... and thus fail to continue your attempts at transitioning.

sometimes_miss
09-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Because of how I was brought up, I feel like I'm supposed to be a girl, dress like a girl, and behave like a girl. But it's incongruent with how I think, how I communicate, how I experience and how I see the world, which is like a genetic male, which I am. Makes for an interesting life.

whowhatwhen
09-20-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm not sure how I feel, but I certainly don't internally identify as male anymore.
I recognize that I never should've been born male, and through therapy, I hope to discover if I can continue my life and be happy living as a male with feminine expression, or do I need to transition.

Confusing eh?

sissystephanie
09-20-2012, 09:30 AM

Since I am a male, and always have been, I have no idea what it is like to e a female! Nor do I care! Like Blue Orchid, I just like to dress as a lady!!

Marleena
09-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I reach down and feel my arm...... girl. I feel my legs.....girl. I feel my butt..... girl. I must be a girl!

Marleena reaches down and feel between her legs. Oops.. something wrong here!:D

Julie Denier
09-20-2012, 10:14 AM
I really like being a guy -- perfectly fine with it. I just like dressing up sometimes, too.

Katie145
09-20-2012, 10:36 AM
My "spectrum" changes constantly. When I'm watching sports or drinking with my buds, I'm the manliest of manly men. But when I dress up, I can sometimes really feel like a girly girl. There are times I wish I was a woman, and other times I'm glad I'm not. There really is no constant here.

Erica2Sweet
09-20-2012, 11:08 AM
...I feel like I'm supposed to be a girl, dress like a girl, and behave like a girl...

Those feelings are definitely something I can identify with.

cyndigurl45
09-20-2012, 11:09 AM
My issues were that when I looked at myself in the mirror I couldn't tell if I was boy or girl, I felt like a girl and having been born with a micro - penis I almost looked like a girl but that small sac convinced my parents that I must be a boy, and being born in the 60's a son was very important, latter I had what I was told at age 10 was hernia surgery was actually a radical hysterectomy, I finally got my medical records from the Navy. So you see there really is no one or the other choice.

Contessa
09-20-2012, 11:12 AM
I am a crossdressing transexual. I was once just a crossdresser now that one year of fully dressing has gone by I have moved further down the spectrum. I am a girl that looks like a boy sometimes. I look like a girl (gurl) some times to. I am working on looking like a girl all the time with out skirts and dresses and heels. It is a little hard to pick out clothes that seem a bit small but if as a guy I wear a XL I try it as a girl and it is a bit tight. I have to find just the right balance. But still I am wearing girl clothes that I love. I began disliking my boy self as others did surely. I love my purse and I carry it every where. Friends and non friends started to call me names because of my purse. Then the dressing feeling started to spill out of me even when I wasn't dressed. Now I have to dress in girl clothes to feel right and yes that where I should have been all along. I can't go back. I can't.

Tess

Frédérique
09-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Do you 'feel' like a boy or a girl? And where are you on the transgendered spectrum?

I feel like a boy. I AM a boy. I do not "register" on the transgendered spectrum. I was born a boy, grew up as a boy, and I remain a boy when I wear female clothing. There is no gender displacement, just a change of clothes. Oh, I can daydream as a girl, but I can only manage an abstract construction of what I imagine a girl COULD feel like. How would I know? I’m a boy…
:straightface:

Beverley Sims
09-20-2012, 11:32 AM
I have the same views as, Frederique, Blue Orchid and Sissy Stephanie.
All man but The art of posing as a female is challenging.

wilt575
09-20-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm a boy slim and 5' 5" (have a girls build except in bust), but feel like like a girl and have dressed like one for over a year, almost two 90% of time. Thinking of getting breast implants not sure what size, thats all nothing else, I say I'm a girl what do ya'll say.

Bradlie
09-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Both and neither. I can't know what it's like to truly feel female as I am physically male and I really don't want to change that. I also don't truly know what it's like to be fully male, as I have female interests and enjoy feminity.

StarrOfDelite
09-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Definitely sitting on the fence here, and that's damned uncomfortable at times!

Jorja
09-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Definitely sitting on the fence here, and that's damned uncomfortable at times!

Especially those pickett fences!

April_Ligeia
09-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Somewhere in the middle. All binary constructs are created by people to label things. I don't believe in either/or in the real world.

Amy A
09-20-2012, 02:32 PM
I just don't know anymore. One day I hope I will.

One thing I will say though, is that what you do and like doing doesn't determine your gender, I know girls who are into far more 'macho' pursuits than me, but it doesn't mean they feel like men. I think sometimes people still see various things as inherantly male or female eg I like football and going to the pub so must be male. I like make up and butterflies so I must be female. It seems daft. If I changed my sex I'd still do all the same things that I do now. It's just that I'd probably feel better doing them!

I don't even know if that makes sense but it's been a long day... :)

Cynthia Anne
09-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Could of been, would of been SHOULD of been! Yeah that's me! I'm THAT girl!!!!!!

Joanne f
09-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Hope you don't mind but I have changed the wording a bit for myself from boy/girl to male/female as I am a bit to old to be boy or girl :heehee:
It is difficult to know what one or the other would feel like when you are sort of mixed but what I can tell you is that every morning I wake up I have this overwhelming feeling or need to be feminine in every way and to be honest I am sure that I would be very happy to wake up one morning to find that I am a female , now where does that put me on this spectrum which is really for other peoples benefit and not mine as I will still be me what ever I am called , well your guess is as good as mine but for some odd reason I do not think that I am cross dressing when I wear female clothing :doh:

JenniferLynn0370
09-20-2012, 04:10 PM
I've known as long as I can remember that I'm a female. I resisted the idea in my teens thinking something was wrong with me and it would pass which led to me getting married, having kids, manly career, etc. After being told too many times to count that I think and/or act like a girl/woman, being caught saying things about men that only women usually say, told a lot that I will make a good wife, etc...I finally accepted that I AM a woman, I just don't have the right eqiupment. Long answer but that's me...a woman!

Angela Campbell
09-20-2012, 05:43 PM
I took the cogiati test and it confirms what I always knew. I am a girl and I always felt like a girl.....in fact if I look down I kind of still look like a girl. Not entirely but almost. I never really matured quite like the other boys, almost no body hair and other things.

I Am Paula
09-20-2012, 05:54 PM
I have felt I was a girl as long as I can remember. By my teens (in the 70's) I wore women's clothes, dreamed in female form, and naturally acted girly. If I had to categorize myself, I would say TS who has come to terms with being biologically male. It's a balance. If I knew then... I would have transitioned.

Karren J
09-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure yet I haven't had any real interaction as a girl yet. I know when I'm dressed I feel all woman but until I get some real feedback I not sure how I would know

Kelly

KellyJameson
09-20-2012, 06:28 PM
I learned from others that what I feel on the inside is what women feel not men so I feel like a woman from the absence of feeling like a man as demonstrated by
every other man and woman I have ever encountered (except TG)

This strongly affects my relationship to everything in that I relate to the world in ways usually associated with being female.

My emotional inner world is very similar to a woman (most but not all) and I have yet to find this inner world represented in a cisgendered man, it is easy for me to understand women but I have to work at understanding men.

I also move like a woman, a type of flow similar to their hand writing that is completely natural and automatic.

I have become completely convinced it is biological and the brain/mind is separate from the genitals.

What I feel (how I experience reality) is "me" and I have painfully learned this is not how men feel so I almost always run contrary to how men think and or feel.

My relationship to myself is similar to how women have relationships with their self.

suchacutie
09-20-2012, 09:04 PM
I give it a try: As a guy I'm a guy and know what that feels like :)

Tina doesn't know what it is to feel like a woman, so all she can do is to change all she can from the guy feeling, watch GGs to see what they do, how they think, what they say and how they say it, and then use all that feedback to spiral up to let the feelings that come to her as she does this spur on more and more actions and feelings. She think she comes to learn what it's like and how it feels, but she'll never know for sure

PretzelGirl
09-20-2012, 10:13 PM
if I were on the spectrum with red on one end and blue on the opposite end, I suppose I'd be somewhere in the bluish/purple area...a bit more to the female side of the spectrum

Or if one side is black and the other white, then I am checkered (and I don't mean my past!).

Xrys
09-20-2012, 11:38 PM
I am not entirely sure what GGs normaly feel like, but I know for sure that I do not feel like a normal guy. I dont act or think like one. I anxiously await the day that i can look in the mirror and see the real me.

noeleena
09-21-2012, 04:30 AM
Hi,

What is a boy what is a man how do you relate to people you can not posibley relate to when your not like them,

For me the ? is am i a female / woman the answer is yes & from birth. just im a bit different my mind will show that,& it does not discount a part of who i am as male, other wise just a woman.

...noeleena...

Andrea J
09-21-2012, 05:14 AM
I feel like a boy. I AM a boy. I do not "register" on the transgendered spectrum. I was born a boy, grew up as a boy, and I remain a boy when I wear female clothing. There is no gender displacement, just a change of clothes. Oh, I can daydream as a girl, but I can only manage an abstract construction of what I imagine a girl COULD feel like. How would I know? I’m a boy…
:straightface:

Since I am a male, and always have been, I have no idea what it is like to be a female! Nor do I care! Like Blue Orchid, I just like to dress as a lady!!

I have the same views as, Frederique, Blue Orchid and Sissy Stephanie.
All man but The art of posing as a female is challenging.

Frederique, Blue Orchid, Sissy Stephanie, Beverley Sims,

Hi, thanks for your answers, question though: Do you 'feel' you are male? Or just see you happen to be male and are happy with that. (Frederique already answered this.)

Also, I know this is a difficult question but can you describe what it feels like to 'feel' male? Or is that impossible? Is it just that you somehow know in your soul that you're male?