PDA

View Full Version : Admirers seem to reveal the same cat out of the bag...

Princess Chantal
09-20-2012, 03:12 PM
I don't know what it is, but it seems like when I am casually chatting with admirers they tend to reveal the same cat out of the bag. The cat is that they tend to do partial crossdressing either with pantyhose or with panties.
I can't recall a time when I interacted with an admirer for longer than 10 minutes that they did not mention about their crossdressing.

Has anyone else had admirers mention that they crossdress of some sort?

Leslie Langford
09-20-2012, 03:15 PM
That's likely why they're "admirers" in the first place. No huge surprise there, IMHO... ;)

SuzieLod
09-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Not really, no, only happened cpl times

sterling12
09-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Yes, it's pretty common. But, I always assume they are doing a "Guy Thing," and trying to create some kind of familiarity with me. You all know The Bit, "The Road to getting into her Panties is to create some empathy."

I would suggest that if I said I was really into placing Dog Feces on my head, he'd probably be telling me within just a few seconds, "Hey I really like to do that too!" Don't believe everything you hear.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Cheryl T
09-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Sorry, not into guys so I wouldn't have a clue about their Feline habits...

Kate Simmons
09-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Sometimes Hon, if they can keep their hands off of me long enough.:)

kimdl93
09-20-2012, 04:50 PM
I've never chatted with an admirer in person or on line. I've never been approached by a male admirer...but a couple of times by women who at least were not repulsed by a TG male in full dress. As for the on-line world,I admit to being a bit of a Luddite and don't do Facebook or chatrooms. I suspect that chat rooms have a tendency to attract an inordinate number of predators....maybe not a large % of the users, but they are probably there. And I suspect that predators will use any tactic to get inside the heads of those they "admire". I know its a terribly cynical perspective, but its also a safe perspective.

GeminaRenee
09-20-2012, 05:10 PM
I have almost zero experience interacting with admirers, but I have spoke with one guy who confirmed an attraction to CDers. He did say that he likes to wear panties. Moreover, his wife confirmed that.

I'm sure with some, it's just an attempt to get in your own panties, as sterling put it. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to it, too. There might be some tendency to say "hey, here's someone I feel I might have something in common with - let me reach out to them!" Back when I was young and much more naive, if I was around guys that I knew were gay and felt comfortable with, I sometimes revealed that I was bi-curious, or that I was into wearing pantyhose (I guess I just assumed that the two might be related, LOL). Well, I quickly learned that gay men might not view either prospect favorably, but that's another story. My point is to illustrate what I was thinking: I have certain thoughts/proclivities -> I'm closeted and repressed about it ->Let me reach out to a group that I feel may be sympathetic or similar. It wouldn't surprise me if they were making similar assumptions about kinship - and of course possibly hoping that it could lead to some sort of sexual connection or mentorship.

Just my $0.02.

VeronicaMoonlit
09-20-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't know what it is, but it seems like when I am casually chatting with admirers they tend to reveal the same cat out of the bag. The cat is that they tend to do partial crossdressing either with pantyhose or with panties.

That's pretty common knowledge amongst oldbies in the online transcommunities. Admirers ARE trans too, except most of them feel that they would look ridiculous/never pass so that they don't do full crossdressing or go out in public. They want to but often say things like: "I'm 6 foot and 250 pounds, I would never look like a woman so I stick with panties...and that way I won't be disappointed by how ugly I look"

It actually makes me sad. In some ways they're more BDD than I am.

Veronica

Badtranny
09-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Sorry, not into guys so I wouldn't have a clue about their Feline habits...

Why would you even respond to this thread? We know you're incredibly straight because you mention it at every opportunity. Will there ever be a thread for us where you don't feel the need to poke in and announce how straight you are?

Has anyone else had admirers mention that they crossdress of some sort?

Yes, it happens quite frequently. I consider it to be a bit of a buzzkill.

DebbieL
09-20-2012, 10:22 PM
What surprised me is how many men, both admirers and detractors, either outed themselves, or were outed by current or former (female) lovers.

I remember reading one sexuality survey by one of the major research organizations (Masters & Johnson or Kinsey Institute or ??) where 75% of all males responding admitted to having done some form of cross-dressing of some form or another, and almost as many responded that they enjoyed doing it.

Stories from other men have been something like "yeah, I got dressed up - for Halloween, and I liked it, it was fun being the girl for a day", usually they were getting some sort of support, urging, or challenges from women they cared about, or wanted to date. Some women actually test men by suggesting something "kinky" like wearing panties or hose, to see if the guy freaks out. If he does, then he's obviously so insecure about his masculinity that he will be macho to the point of being a jerk. If he's too easily persuaded, then he's probably transgendered, or at least a "sissy", which could be a GOOD thing to some women, especially those who like to be in control. Others do it on a dare, or because they lost a bet.

Regardless of how they wind up in the lingerie, they experience new and unusual sensations while wearing things that they have previously associated with sexual attraction. As a result, even the most masculine male is likely to experience the new sensations positively, especially if he is "rewarded" by a partner who further stimulates him and then provides an exciting sexual experience. Men are programmed by media, men's magazines, and even wives and lovers to see sexy lingerie and start getting sexually aroused. The step to wearing that lingerie may not be one they would voluntarily take publicly, but in private or with a little encouragement from an attractive women who is coming on sexually, it would be very hard for him NOT to enjoy it.

Karren H
09-20-2012, 10:36 PM
It never came up with the ones I've talked.... most of them are obsessed with doing crossdressers! lol

Barbara Dugan
09-20-2012, 10:49 PM
That kind of admirers is way to easy to spot the same goes with other crossdressers that want more than just exchange make up or clothing tips...I think there is absolutly nothing wrong with that and you can have way too much fun if you are into that kind of stuff ,but I prefer my men hyper masculine and just the thought of them in panties or partially crossdressing is a major turn off

Princess Chantal
09-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Why would you even respond to this thread? We know you're incredibly straight because you mention it at every opportunity. Will there ever be a thread for us where you don't feel the need to poke in and announce how straight you are?

Exactly my thoughts about that specific post and the other 20 or so people that do the same thing
Thank you

Beverley Sims
09-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Are we talking about admirers face to face or on line?
Most I have met face to face tell me how straight they are.
Me? I think I am straight. :)
I will let others believe what they like though and why bother to deny it?
They wont believe you anyway.
One of my favorite lines to people of other persuasions,
"You're not gay are you?"
It is a great icebreaker.

ReineD
09-21-2012, 01:33 AM

This seems to be the general consensus. I first became aware of this in the link below, then read post after post in here that confirmed it:

http://www.aliceingenderland.com/Manhunt.html

Vickie_CDTV
09-21-2012, 03:33 AM
Although I have not had any issues with admirers (I don't seek them and they don't seek me), but I have been around the trans community for a long time and have seen it often enough. Very often those who seek trans also dress themselves, in rare cases they can even be TS.

Princess Chantal
09-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Are we talking about admirers face to face or on line?

Most of my interactions with admirers are face to face. I tend not to chat with admirers thru the internet.

becky77
09-21-2012, 09:32 AM
I have very limited experience with this, I have only ever been out to transgendered clubs and when there it seemed to me some of the admirers wore female clothing to blend in but they actually stood out. Never had a decent conversation with an admirer so can't say if they have any real crossdressing desires?

Kate Simmons
09-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Some of the admirers I've met do wear panties and pantyhose, etc. sometimes and I think they look kinda cute but in all honesty I'm more interested in other things when I'm with them.:)

~Joanne~
09-21-2012, 10:07 AM
I am closeted so I have never had this issue, nor have I had it online. It's an interesting subject and from what I have seen, getting some seems to be the ultimate goal.

Princess Chantal
09-21-2012, 10:25 AM
I am closeted so I have never had this issue, nor have I had it online. It's an interesting subject and from what I have seen, getting some seems to be the ultimate goal.

Attracting interest from tg admirers is not in the same postal code (not even in the same galaxy) of my ultimate goal.

NicoleScott
09-21-2012, 10:48 AM
There are many ways to feed a fetish (pantyhose, for example). You can wear them, look at pictures, or chat about them.

StarrOfDelite
09-21-2012, 10:54 AM
This seems to be the general consensus. I first became aware of this in the link below, then read post after post in here that confirmed it:

I have at times considered filing a lawsuit against Dr. Novic for living my life without my permission. A significant percentage of the Admirers whom I have met (a smaller number than the Russian Army, but larger than a baseball team) have admitted that they "dress a little bit." That doesn't discourage me nearly as much as the fact that so few of them are as tall as I am, and practically none of them are in as good physical condition as I'd like them to be. Of course, the latter condition applies to about 99.9% of all American males over the age of forty, so I guess I'm being mean-spirited if I suggest that it is an Admirer-Specific issue.

With respect to the issue of the people who feel impelled to insist that they are "not interested in men," or words to that effect, on every thread which deals with sexual congress between M2F transgenders and men, each of those posts makes me smile because of something Dr. Novic wrote in the segment entitled Manhunt, which included her analysis of Admirers and Straight Men (defined as people who would date TG M2F but who don't identify themselves as Admirers).

"So what about the magic 5% of straight men who stay interested? Are they the same as other guys? If the mood strikes, might any straight man consider a walk on the wild side? First of all, dear readers, don't answer this question based on your own experience as men. Because, whether CD or TS, you are not and never were a pure straight man, you're trans -- and because of that you see and have always seen the world differently.

Ressie
09-21-2012, 01:10 PM
From online chatting I've noticed kind of the opposite too. Chatting with other CDs, after a while I get the impression that they cross dress to attract other crossdressers. Chatting online gives people that opportunity to pretend they're not who they pretend to be. I've talked to a couple of women that have nice photos of "themselves", but I have no idea if they're real or not.

I admire and am also admired. I don't take CDing to the level that many others do, but I'm way beyond just wearing lingerie.

ReineD
09-21-2012, 01:27 PM
That doesn't discourage me nearly as much as the fact that so few of them are as tall as I am, and practically none of them are in as good physical condition as I'd like them to be.

This also seems to be the general consensus. My SO and I were in a tranny bar once in a larger city, where there was a fair amount of admirers staring down everyone who walked into the place. I also noticed that they weren't, as Novic puts it, "especially happening men". As one GG put it, who participated here some years ago and who witnessed the same thing in London, they were rather creepy.

"So what about the magic 5% of straight men who stay interested? Are they the same as other guys? If the mood strikes, might any straight man consider a walk on the wild side? First of all, dear readers, don't answer this question based on your own experience as men. Because, whether CD or TS, you are not and never were a pure straight man, you're trans -- and because of that you see and have always seen the world differently.

Exactly.

Adelina
09-21-2012, 02:13 PM
I've been on both sides of the fence with this one really, so I can try to offer perspective.

I do present as a man most of the time as I work in a fairly public profession, it was always taboo to dress when I was younger and I didn't have the courage to just be myself, and for the most part I'm fairly manly without a lot of work... but I do admire T-girls because they've had the courage I've lacked to go forward and be who they are, and that's really sexy in of itself.

Honestly, I've always liked the feminine form and I've always had a fascination with that little bit extra we have, too, but have not really been that interested in dating manly men... so I guess that's why I do go for whom I go for and why you'd call me an admirer.

It all depends what you're looking for and what you have the courage to present yourself as. Most girls I've talked to as a man are looking for a man who wants to play that role in a relationship and are turned off by crossdressers or girly guys. It's a real conundrum when I'm not online as to what to do to find someone.

Princess Chantal
09-21-2012, 02:58 PM
This also seems to be the general consensus. My SO and I were in a tranny bar once in a larger city, where there was a fair amount of admirers staring down everyone who walked into the place. I also noticed that they weren't, as Novic puts it, "especially happening men". As one GG put it, who participated here some years ago and who witnessed the same thing in London, they were rather creepy.

Men that are somewhat bisexual which was caused by failed heterosexuality......

GingerLeigh
09-21-2012, 03:11 PM
The few interactions I've had with admirers kind-of creeped me out. It always starts out as a simple CD conversation then it jumps into the uhhh.... you know realm. I doubt much of what they say, they (in my experience) only want one thing and will say whatever it takes to obtain it.

Hey, it's real life girls... sad but true.

Ginger

ReineD
09-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Men that are somewhat bisexual which was caused by failed heterosexuality......

OK, I have to clarify. Their creepiness wasn't so much in how they looked, although I wouldn't be attracted to any of the men who were there. It was more about the deadpan, intense, single-minded, lecherous attitude that I perceived. You know, like someone who does nothing but objectify people.

Princess Chantal
09-21-2012, 03:59 PM
OK, I have to clarify. Their creepiness wasn't so much in how they looked, although I wouldn't be attracted to any of the men who were there. It was more about the deadpan, intense, single-minded, lecherous attitude that I perceived. You know, like someone who does nothing but objectify people.

I'm not necessarily talking about just their appearance either. The stalker type of stares, the blindly tossing of the fishhook in the mass populated pond just hoping for a horny bite, the old pick up lines, etc etc..... How could they succeed with women?

Marleena
09-21-2012, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the link Reine! I always wondered what made these guys tick. I'm always with the wife and don't like bars so I don't encounter them. I just don't get how they can say they're straight (not that it matters).

StarrOfDelite
09-21-2012, 05:22 PM

Or, in other words, they looked at the CD's exactly the same way that the creepy guys in straight bars look at the genetic girls. :-)) It's no wonder that most genetic girls will not go to bars except in pairs or better.

The odd thing is, however, that these same creepy guys would probably look at any males who entered the bar in a similar,objectifying way because they would be sizing up rivals and comparing themselves to each newcomer.

ReineD
09-21-2012, 11:09 PM
No. Guys don't oggle girls quite like that. If they did, they'd never get any. Guys who are successful with girls need to have a lot more finesse than what I witnessed in that place, that night. :facepalm: