PDA

View Full Version : wives and shared tastes

GingerLeigh
09-20-2012, 06:06 PM
"That should be for me!" My wife muttered after seeing me dressed in a new frock.

Seems she likes my taste, a little too much I think. She's laid claim to a few of my dresses, among other things. They're gone to me. They now reside in the "Don't touch, you'll stretch it!" realm. I don't mind too much, she does look really good in them and I find it thrilling to see her in my stuff. I get to replace the things taken, but I have to be careful not to get something she likes more than I do, unless I want her to take it from me again.

Does your SO wear your stuff? Does she lay claim to anything? Do you like it when she does or does it really cheeze you off?

Ginger

Karren J
09-20-2012, 06:10 PM
This hasn't come up yet, it's was only recently I told my wife about dressing and the reaction wasn't perfect

Anna B
09-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Nor for me. Haven't told wife yet, and if I did, the reaction still wouldn't be perfect

kimdl93
09-20-2012, 06:15 PM
We're not the same size, but I do gauge my choices by the things she would probably wear.

Angela Campbell
09-20-2012, 06:18 PM
I was married twice and neither one knew, but I dress better than either of them.

RachelRICD
09-20-2012, 06:19 PM
My wife and I are very different sizes but we are also on different ends of the spectrum as to what looks good on me and her. We share some tastes and shop together but have to realize we are different so we sometimes clash on certain things. She hates belts and I love them.She likes pants suits and I don't own one. Just different tastes but it does get heated sometime.

Dragster
09-20-2012, 06:32 PM
I'd really love it if my wife wanted to wear anything I have, or would want to wear myself. Unfortunately, that would require a complete change of her dress sense, and a complete change of mind in what she thinks of CDing. Neither of those is likely to happen.

Tony

Bree Wagner
09-20-2012, 06:37 PM
If we were close to the same size I think there would be some things shared and some things that were only for each of us. Albeit, there would be far more that would be only hers!

Right now she'll let me borrow purses and jewelry.

Leah Lynn
09-20-2012, 06:43 PM
The wife and I are close in sizes. Sunday I bought myself a new sweater and showed it to her. She asked if it was for her or me. Since she is in the hospital and probably being sent home to die, I said for her. I hope I can borrow it, because it would look fantastic with my black leggings.

Joan_CD
09-20-2012, 06:45 PM
We swap everything except undies and shoes!

Anna B
09-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Oh, dear! My wife and I ARE similar in size!

Rachel Morley
09-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Does your SO wear your stuff? Does she lay claim to anything? Do you like it when she does or does it really cheeze you off?
Yes.
No.
N/A

My wife does wear my girl clothes quite a lot, dresses and tops are where we are the same size. However, she has never made claim that a certain item of mine was now "hers". We share .... except that if she has bought something for herself and it's on her side of the closet I have to ask permission to wear it (she usually says yes) however she grabs and wears anything she wants to from my side of the closet without asking .... but them again, that's kind of a moot point as if she did ask I would always say yes as I love seeing her wear things that I have worn, just as I love wearing things that she has worn.

EllenJo
09-20-2012, 07:32 PM
First let me say that I am in a DADT situation, not to mention the fact that my wife is is very petite and I am the CD Hulk. However I have always made it a point to buy her clothes for gifts at Christmas, birthday's ect. and she does appreciate my taste in clothes. I get her correct sizes and stay within the realm of things that she likes and she really likes to brag to her friends that I am able to do this. I guess it is a small victory of sorts.

Of course I would love to wear her things if they fit.

suchacutie
09-20-2012, 07:53 PM
We share when we can! :)

After all, we discovered Tina after she gave a piece of lingerie of hers to Tina!

:)

michelle2020cd
09-20-2012, 08:03 PM
my wife has started getting rid of her stuff, she has started wearing all of my dresses

DeeDeeB
09-20-2012, 08:24 PM
It is always a thrill for me when my wife picks something I really like to wear for the day. I really love it when she gets compliments on her attire. We are slightly different sizes, but we share all our clothes. I've been shopping for her clothes for more years than I have for Dee's, and I love it that she always looks good when she goes out, be it in something I purchased for her, or for me.

Dee :fairy1:

BLUE ORCHID
09-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Hi Ginger Leigh, Although It's DADT some times my wife will
take a top or jacket to wear I love it when that happens.

Miriam-J
09-20-2012, 08:52 PM
We were close to the same size when we married nearly three years ago and were able to share many items. But then she went on a diet and got much smaller, so I now get to use many of her old larger items while she got to buy all new stuff. Sounds like a win-win to me, especially since we do a lot of shopping together.

Miriam

DebbieL
09-20-2012, 09:05 PM
When my wife and I first got together, she was size 16 and I was size 24. I have lost weight and she has gained. She thinks my skirts are too short, but she frequently borrows my blouses and jeans, especially as I get smaller and she is now larger than I am. Now I'm size 18 and she's size 24. She had her head shaved at a St Baldricks day fund raiser (raised $2,000 for cancer) and she donated her hair - enough to make TWO wigs, to locks of love. She loves having really short hair and sometimes we go out with her as the "boy" (she is too well endowed to pass as a man), and I'll go as the "girl".

We do have fun borrowing and lending each other jewelry. She loves many of my things. She has told me however that I am not allowed to get a real diamond that's bigger than hers. I usually wear a CZ 3-stone ring and gold band. After losing so much weight that my man's ring kept falling off, I got the 3-stone ring. It's amazing how many compliments I get on that ring. They see the feminine ring, the well shaped arched brows, rose gold glasses, and shoes with heels, and it's pretty obvious that I'm just "one of the girls" and I get more compliments than I ever got as a boy.

I did try growing out my hair and then got it permed, but with the receding hairline, I looked more like Richard Simmons than Bette Midler. Guess I just have to keep wearing my pretty wigs that are always wavy and styled and only need a few seconds of brush-out. Just wish they didn't itch so much.

PretzelGirl
09-20-2012, 10:15 PM
We are the same size in tops and dresses. She does borrow and in some cases I think it has allowed her to explore other styles without buying. But she seems to like some of my taste and I like some of hers, so there is some joint sharing.

Cynthia Anne
09-20-2012, 10:30 PM
To have a wife to share with in that way would be very special! I can't thinl of anything else that would more special! You are very lucky Ginger!

JenniferR771
09-20-2012, 10:39 PM
My wife and I are close in size, but we have both lost weight. She went down to size 6 and I went down to size 8, (if its loose). But she disapproves of my cding. And she warned me with dire consequences if I touched anything of hers. But...I hope someday she will borrow something of mine. It would signal a degree of acceptance. I can only hope.

heatherdress
09-20-2012, 11:02 PM
She hopes that we will soon be the same size and then be able to share our clothes. She likes some of my outfits and I ike all of hers. Unfortunately, I will have a larger shoe size.

JenniferUK
09-21-2012, 03:09 AM
We swap everything except undies and shoes!

Same here, she wore one of my blouses to work last week.

J

noeleena
09-21-2012, 04:17 AM
Hi,

Its not about clothes or shoe's .

kaylyn our daughter would buy for me at xmas or my birthdays say. a nice mirror or makeup , well thats lovely .....till ether Jos or Dejarn grandaughter say oh thats lovely it then walks out the door, i had a good number of lippy's , well i get left with maybe two. , now wheres my lippy....... gone.

So now i say how long can i keep this or that,,, oh 5 min's ...right. hey its not all that bad,,, i cant wait till Dejarn is 16 & says ...can i have ... ya ya thats okay.....only 5 years to go.

...noeleena...

Cheryl T
09-21-2012, 04:38 AM
Yes, we share clothing all the time. Sometimes she will buy a pair of shoes and find they are a little too tight so she asks me to wear them a bit to stretch them for her as I'm just a bit larger. As a matter of fact she's planning on wearing my gown to our support group Xmas party this year.

MissTee
09-21-2012, 05:05 AM
Yes for purses, jewelry, nail polish, etc. We're way far apart in size so can't share clothing. That said, we do love to occasionally dress alike with matching outfits in our own sizes.

DAVIDA
09-21-2012, 05:18 AM
The only thing that I have that Jean can wear is jewelry, not to include rings.:heehee:
And she borrows mine.

linda allen
09-21-2012, 06:19 AM
My wife has given me many items that either don't fit her anymore or she is just tired of. I started out with her panties and bras. Now we each have our own.

We shop together now so we pick out stuff for each other. We are about the same size in tops (she has a higher boob to chest ratio than me), but not in bottoms. Not close in shoes.

She borrowed one of my blouses recently when we went out to dinner with friends.

Diversity
09-21-2012, 06:49 AM
I would give anything to have my wife take this kind of interest. As it stands I live in seclusion. I have opened up to her, but she wants no part in this side of me. So I go to the restroom to take off my pantyhose, so she does not see anything, and am settled into dressing when she is not around. It's depressing, but the marriage is worth it.
Enjoy the experiences you have with your SO. They not be ideal, but at least she is accepting.
Good luck to you.
Di

Staci Roberts
09-21-2012, 08:55 AM
The other day we were in Costco of all places. They had Ellen Tracy skirts. I am typically not a fan of "pull-on" skirts, but my wife bought a gray one in my size anyhow. When we got home, she said "go try on that skirt that I bought you, I want to see you in it". I was like "wow", that has never happened! So I said that I was not just going to try it on, I would need a few minutes...I grabbed a black fitted top, off-black pantyhose, patent pumps and the rest of my stuff....Once I was all made up, I slipped the skirt on and it fit perfectly! I then got a comment "it fits good"...If that is as good as it gets...I am good with that!

becky77
09-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Loads of times, till in the end she tries to convince me she bought it in the first place and it was always hers! We share most things except shoes, My feet are too darn big :Angry3:

pinklilly211
09-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Yup, just recently lost a pair of jeans to my sweetie!!
Lilly

StaceyXOXOX
09-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Well i havnt told my yet, but when i do and if she accepts it, i would love to share with her. Are sizes are a little different (i only know this caused i try on her stuff). That being said are taste are similar on some things she just doesnt know it. :)

AlanaG
09-21-2012, 10:40 AM
My wife has very different tastes in clothing than I do. I like the silky smooth feeling fabrics, the more "feminine" types of clothing, including skirts, heels & hosiery . My wife is a "tom boy" type. She is comfortable in jeans, t-shirt, regular shoes, and cotton panties. I have never seen her out in public in high heels and a skirt.

Bobbi McCarthy
09-21-2012, 10:58 AM
The answer for my long time bride and me is a mixed one:
We are a world apart in terms of dress, skirt, blouse and shoe sizes. She is a size 6 in blouses and dresses and I wear a size 24W/3X. So there is very little opportunity to swap these things except on a "conceptual basis." If I buy an identical garment in my size it is because I typically follow her lead (with permission of course.)
Accessories - yes, across the board - yes, including purses, jewelry, scarves, fragrance, make up and nail polish. For these items I am usually in the lead because I am less timid about spending for first class items in this category.
Hair - She loves my diverse collection of wigs and will occasionally experiment with a new look. We both find this to be fun, fun, fun!
We frequently shop together for girly things and always share fashion ideas. We love the interaction, and each of us brings the other ideas, opinions and encouragement. Just to positively reinforce the right mind set - shared girly things do not decrement either her budget or mine - these are "budget waiver items."
Lastly, we love being "sisters-in-law" out shopping for "girly-girl" things and do this frequently. We enthusiastically dedicate more than a day at a time for such adventures and in fact have gone on three day weekend excursions with only this kind of shopping as an objective.

Jenniferathome
09-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Yes, my wife wears some of my dresses and tops. I am much bigger than her, but belts do the job. I wish she would wear more of my things, the I would get to see what kind of outfits she makes with them.

Joanne f
09-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Nope , it works the other way around for me as I lay claim to her things , problem is she is a lot smaller than me and has younger tastes so I have to end up giving it back :sad: ( she has said that I can borrow anything I like )

Michelle 2
09-21-2012, 02:03 PM
The only thing that my spouse borrows from me is jewelery. She is a size 16-18 and I am a size 10-12. I do not think she is thrilled that I am a smaller size than she is, and trust me when I say I have heard about it from time to time. All I can say is she loves her donuts and I dont even look at them.

STACY B
09-21-2012, 02:08 PM
My wife DON'T like my taste ,,She says I dress like an OLD LADY ,,,LOL,,,, Atleast it's a LADY ,,,LOL,,,,

outhiking
09-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Although we don't share, we do have similar tastes. I suppose that's one of the things that attracted us to each other. I'm more on the feminine side than she is though, especially when it comes to dresses and skirts.

Beverley Sims
09-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Things only migrate through my wardrobe after the laundry is done.

Brianna612
09-21-2012, 05:58 PM
We share .... except that if she has bought something for herself and it's on her side of the closet I have to ask permission to wear it (she usually says yes) however she grabs and wears anything she wants to from my side of the closet without asking ...

This is so true, I have to ask my SO if I can wear this or that, but she goes thru my drawers and closet putting together her outfit without asking. Then my things end up with her things and I have to ask to go thru her drawers even to get my things. Lately I have become more brave and started pulling things out of her drawers and closet without asking. Don't know how long that will last but it's a great way to expand your wardrobe.

ellieg
09-23-2012, 03:36 PM
My wife and I wear roughly the same size, so she borrows my clothes a lot. She has not yet been comfortable with me wearing her clothes. But, she recently gave me "right of first refusal" on some items she was weeding out of her closet, so I hope that's a good first step.

Tina B.
09-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Now days we are different sizes, and out taste are totally different, years gone by we used to share any and all of both of our wardrobes, now we just share necklaces, but neither of us would borrow anything with out asking. But when we did share, it was clearly stated, if you wear my stuff, yours is fair game.
Tina B.

terri_sandal
09-23-2012, 05:13 PM
My wife and I are about the same size and share all clothes and shoes although I bought a pair of sandals and she claimed them and it's taken me ages to get them back but I did get to see her in them alot . we have very similar tastes in most things so it can work to both our advantages ...but if she buys something I am not allowed to wear it before her which is fair but if she has something nice which I like it can be quite painful waiting for her to wear it so I can