PDA

View Full Version : My closet is being invaded

Kelly Smith
09-20-2012, 10:43 PM
When my wife and I separated I moved to another town, rented an apartment and filled it with wigs, heels, breast forms, bras, panties, makeup, etc. When the front door opens a pink fog rolls out. It is my closet and it is heaven.

For reasons I won't explain, a childhood friend - and friend of the family - is coming to stay for a couple of weeks. The guy is "alt"phobic and an aggressive gossip.

I have to "de-femme" My Closet and be a "Guy" for the duration. This will be stressful.

(Edited to add). This is not an actual friend. He is more of a guy I have known for a long time. This is a working trip for him. For reasons I won't get in to here, I am socially obligated to host him. My main concern is being crudely outed. My next concern is tat I won't be able to walk around the house wearing makeup, a cute wig, stilettoes, dreamy forms in a lacy bra and a pretty lace thong. I am going to wear (ugh) men's underwear if I still have any.

PretzelGirl
09-20-2012, 10:45 PM
A couple of weeks really isn't that long. Keep it filled with activities with your friend and you will probably be surprised how fast the time flies.

heatherdress
09-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Just get a closet and put a good key lock on the door. The time will go by rapidly, especially if he is a good friend.

Beverley Sims
09-21-2012, 01:08 AM
I would put a lock on the door that can not be seen readily.
That stops snoopers. If he is one.

Vickie_CDTV
09-21-2012, 03:37 AM
It is probably a good idea to keep your femme things locked up, and keep things locked up in general if you are going to have someone living with you. It can help prevent any disputes if you can't find things you are looking for etc.

Cynthia Anne
09-21-2012, 04:53 AM
That sure doesn't sound like fun! Glad it's you and not me! I wouldn't survive two weeks! Good luck!!

linda allen
09-21-2012, 06:24 AM
If you can't manage two weeks as a "guy", you are over the edge somewhere.

I would lock the stuff up, perhaps even rent a storage place to get it out of the apartment if you're worried about being outed. You will be much more comfortable knowing there's no possibility of him finding it.

Jorja
09-21-2012, 06:44 AM
I just wouldn't worry about it. It is your domain. If he doesn't like it, there are hotels.

kimdl93
09-21-2012, 08:22 AM
You'll survive the inconvenience.

Kelly Smith
09-21-2012, 08:38 AM
"You'll survive the inconvenience."

Thank you for that valuable insight, but I am less concerned with survival than I am with being abruptly outed.

Tina B.
09-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Tell him your new girl friend is out of town, and drink a lot of beer, two weeks, other than a bad hangover, I could do two weeks.
Sorry, I know it won't be fun, but one must meet there obligations.
Tina B.

NicoleScott
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Make sure you don't schedule anything for the time just after he leaves. You're going to need some "catch-up" alone time.

Stephanie47
09-21-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm in a DADT marriage. I store my wardrobe in fourteen zerox boxes. Get some boxes from U-Haul or Office Depot and store them in a closet. If you are really paranoid about being outed by a snoop, seal them with Duct tape. And, if you find he has violated your privacy, kick him to the curb.

RenneB
09-21-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm with Stephanie on this one. Store all the 'stuff' in boxes and label them as if you had just moved.. say 'winter clothes' and use packing tape... Then go through the place and clean.... change out the secret deoderant and anything that says you're a 'supergirl'.

Renne.....

STACY B
09-21-2012, 02:31 PM
5 Bucks at Lowes or Home depot ,,,,, Door knob that locks ,,, Just tell um that wear ya keep ya good fishing poles or guns ,,Did it forever !!

StacyChambers
09-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Given your level of concern, a storage place sounds like your safest bet.

Contessa
09-21-2012, 03:41 PM
If he has known you for a long time
e just him. If he is a friend he'll be alright if not he'll want to leave anyway.

Tess

Julie Gaum
09-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Rented an upstairs apartment in a Montreal family's home once. My boxes weren't taped but in a hall closet. On Christmas Eve I was told to leave. You said he was a gossip so what better to see than taped boxes or locked closet? Spend around $60 for a month's storage rental (as was suggested) and leave your fears behind.
Julie

Miriam-J
09-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Given the concerns you've voiced, and the definite possibility that there could be some snooping, I'd ensure your collection is totally inaccessible. This could be in the trunk of your car, an attic, or even a rented storage facility (shouldn't be too expensive for just two weeks). If you have a suspended ceiling you could hide some or all there (did that for a few years in my old relationship). Don't allow the possibility of discovery.

Beyond that, you should be able to survive for a couple weeks. If nothing else, there will be times when he's predictably absent.

Miriam

Cassandra Lynn
09-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Yeah, either go the lock-up or the storage route, taking chances isn't worth the risk.

lingerieLiz
09-22-2012, 12:31 AM
don't forget to clean your computer

I would move pictures to a dvd and hide it with the clothes. also clear the broser's cash and favorites.

Sometimes company is H*&**

rhonda
09-22-2012, 12:56 AM
Good luck Kelly you never know maybe he's girly too

Chickhe
09-22-2012, 02:36 AM
...I would find an excuse to not do it... Sorry guy...I'll be out of town myself and there's no way I'd let you stay with my girlfriend when I'm gone...but if anyone asks, I don't have a girlfriend! Got it?

BLUE ORCHID
09-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi Kelly, Get yourself over to the hardware store and get a padlock and a lockhasp.

luscious
09-22-2012, 11:28 PM
some people talk too much and some people talk way too much.

many storage places are free for a month.

some are free if you rent a vehicle for $19.00 from them and some just cost $1.00 for the 1st month.

put the stuff in storage. I have had snoops go through my mail before and found some high heels and sandals and of all places a government post office.

IngeInCO
09-22-2012, 11:59 PM
You'll survive the inconvenience.

I agree. I just did it myself the past two weeks. We were on the road visiting relatives, so couldn't dress fully. Hopefully I will soon... And it will be awesome.. Lol

Meghan
09-23-2012, 12:34 AM
I am going through something similar right now. Toenail polish had to come off for the second time in 2 months. Shaved legs can't be undone, but no one-piece nighties for at least 2 weeks.

That's a long time but whenever I start to dread it I try to remember it will all be over before I know it!

Meghan

Kelly Smith
09-24-2012, 10:44 PM
That's it. The place is completely "de-girled", I am wearing men's underwear (ugh), and my toenail polish is removed. Life is bland and my feet look alien.