PDA

View Full Version : The shopping adventure continues....

Diversity
09-21-2012, 06:24 AM
I just came in from shopping and gained yet another level in CD shopping! Oh, what fun!
I chose another small shop and followed the advice I received in my previous post. I did not find a dress, but I found two blouses. I took them off the rack and went up to the SA, and (using the advice I recieved from the members of this forum, I did not admit that I was a CD'r), I said that I was interested in these blouses and asked her where I could try them on. She walked me to the back of the shop and said I could use the last changing room, which I did. I tried them on, but unfortunately they did not fit properly. When I came out, I followed another woman who had just tried on a garment. We walked out together and I smiled at her, as she did me! :) What a hoot!!!
I will find that evasive dress one day. Same with the high heels. Size 13 is just a challenge! Anyways, thank you all for your support. I LOVE THIS FORUM AND MY NEWFOUND PART OF MY INNER SPIRIT. NOTHING LIKE BEING A MAN WHO EMBRACES THE 'EN FEMME' SIDE OF HIS CHARACTER.
LOVE TO YOU ALL,
Di

Nibor
09-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Hi Diversity

I went bra shopping two days ago and this is what happened

I called a store on Yonge Street and asked if I needed to make an appointment for a bra fitting but as it is raining, Cassie said that they were slow and they hadn’t seen a customer all morning and to stop by after lunch.

I arrived at the store and walked in (blushing), told them that I was the man that called for a bra fitting and asked if now was a good time. Cassie said that it was a good as there was only one other customer and that I would have a private fitting room and she could give me the attention I needed

She led me to the room and came in with me and asked me what I was looking for in a bra. Since I wasn’t sure but she would make some recommendations on styles based on my body type. She asked me if I was comfortable with taking my measurements with my shirt on, I told her that I had a camisole on under my shirt (that’s another story about my flight to Toronto) and she OK, she asked me to take my shirt off and leave the camisole on as she left the room. All this time the one other customer could hear us talking and we could hear her have her fitting. Cassie came back in and took several measurements with my camisole on and then went and came back with a sizing bra in my size.

She instructed me on how to put it and left the room again so that I could try it on. She came back in and moved breast around to get the proper fit for the size. At other stores they had me trying on a 42 C (they didn’t have B cups) and at Secrets from our sister I was trying on 38B and A cups.

I was there for about 40 minutes trying on different styles and sizes. Cassie was so professional and very helpful, she didn’t leave the room and ended up undoing and helping me put on the bra and settling me in it. We chatted like friends about the summer we had and the different cities we live in and other issues.

I ended up purchasing a skin tone Chantelle Rive Gauche T-Shirt bra in a 38A that has inserts with it and it fits perfectly.

I paid a bit more than I wanted to but I feel that it was well worth the price I paid ($104 + taxes). Cassie gave me a sheet on care of my purchase and a few packages of Soak – modern care for the laundry you love.

If you get a chance stop by Secrets of your Sister

After my purchase, I went out to another store with my new bra on under my business shirt (but that’s another story) Here is a picture of my new top and bra

Diversity
09-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Fantastic! I am going to do this next! I have wanted to get a professional to do this for me, but have not had the nerve to do this. You, Nibor, have just given me the strength to do this. Can't wait! Thank you, Nibor.
Di

Nicole Brown
09-21-2012, 07:12 AM
There are two places you can try to locate size 13 heels, I use both and have had wonderful luck. First, try the Avenue stores or their website. Second try Payless Shoe stores or their website. Payless has begun carrying basic black size 13 heels in some of their stores. If you go to their website you can determine if a store near you has them. The Avenue is hit or miss for size 13 in the stores, but you can always order them on the internet and have them mailed to you.

Diversity
09-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Thank you, Nicole. Much appreciated. Unfortunately I live outside the good 'ol USA. I will be returning in about 2-3 years. I miss her, and she needs help!
Di

Nibor
09-21-2012, 07:26 AM
HI D

Where do you live, I am in Canada

Diversity
09-21-2012, 07:32 AM
I currently live in the wonderful world 'down-under'. You know, the outback, kangaroos, dingos, koalas, and crocadiles. Not to mention the most deadly spiders and snakes in the world! Now let's talk about the ocean - Great Whites for example, well they hold not a candle to the iracangi! Fk'n vicious creatures!!! I kid you not!
Di

Nicole Brown
09-21-2012, 08:38 AM
Hi Di,
OK, so you can't just walk down to the local store, check Payless and Avenue's website to see if they will ship internationally. Hey, what do you have to loose, it's worth a try...

Leslie Langford
09-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Hi Diversity

I went bra shopping two days ago and this is what happened

I called a store on Yonge Street and asked if I needed to make an appointment for a bra fitting but as it is raining, Cassie said that they were slow and they hadn’t seen a customer all morning and to stop by after lunch.

I arrived at the store and walked in (blushing), told them that I was the man that called for a bra fitting and asked if now was a good time. Cassie said that it was a good as there was only one other customer and that I would have a private fitting room and she could give me the attention I needed

She led me to the room and came in with me and asked me what I was looking for in a bra. Since I wasn’t sure but she would make some recommendations on styles based on my body type. She asked me if I was comfortable with taking my measurements with my shirt on, I told her that I had a camisole on under my shirt (that’s another story about my flight to Toronto) and she OK, she asked me to take my shirt off and leave the camisole on as she left the room. All this time the one other customer could hear us talking and we could hear her have her fitting. Cassie came back in and took several measurements with my camisole on and then went and came back with a sizing bra in my size.

She instructed me on how to put it and left the room again so that I could try it on. She came back in and moved breast around to get the proper fit for the size. At other stores they had me trying on a 42 C (they didn’t have B cups) and at Secrets from our sister I was trying on 38B and A cups.

I was there for about 40 minutes trying on different styles and sizes. Cassie was so professional and very helpful, she didn’t leave the room and ended up undoing and helping me put on the bra and settling me in it. We chatted like friends about the summer we had and the different cities we live in and other issues.

I ended up purchasing a skin tone Chantelle Rive Gauche T-Shirt bra in a 38A that has inserts with it and it fits perfectly.

I paid a bit more than I wanted to but I feel that it was well worth the price I paid ($104 + taxes). Cassie gave me a sheet on care of my purchase and a few packages of Soak – modern care for the laundry you love.

If you get a chance stop by Secrets of your Sister

After my purchase, I went out to another store with my new bra on under my business shirt (but that’s another story) Here is a picture of my new top and bra

I don't know if you were aware of this before-hand or just lucked out, Nibor, but Secrets From Your Sister is known for being crossdresser-friendly, so it is no surprise that you got the VIP treatment when you went there. On their website, they actually make reference to the fact that they happily serve crossdressers, and this can be accessed via the following:

http://www.secretsfromyoursister.com/index.php

On the bottom of the Home page, click on "Men's", go to "faq", and then click on "Do you do bra fittings for men?" to see their full blurb on this part of their business.

Another lingerie shop in Toronto that I know of and which is also CD-friendly is Premier Jour Fine Lingerie & Swimwear. Their website can be found here:

http://pjlingerie.com/toronto/

There was even a recent write-up on them in the Toronto Star, where they speciically mentioned how much they value their CD customers. Awesome!

http://pjlingerie.com/toronto/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77&Itemid=88

Happy bra fittings, all you Toronto-area gals and visitors! ;)

Beverley Sims
09-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I currently live in the wonderful world 'down-under'. You know, the outback, kangaroos, dingos, koalas, and crocadiles. Not to mention the most deadly spiders and snakes in the world! Now let's talk about the ocean - Great Whites for example, well they hold not a candle to the iracangi! Fk'n vicious creatures!!! I kid you not!
Di
Yes it's quite a cool place.
I did as much skiing there as I did in Switzerland this year.
Ever tried to pick up an Echidna? :)

dallasmann
09-21-2012, 04:26 PM
What a cool story! I have never paid so much for a bra in my life, but I would gladly patronize a business that's so openly CD-friendly, even if it meant paying more. Maybe I will have to treat myself to one of theirs sometime.

Diversity
09-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks again, Nicole and Leslie! Looking forward to taking on this challenge!
Di

BLUE ORCHID
09-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi Di, From a half a world on the Mid Atlantic East Coast USA.
that must've been a real rush it's almost time to get your summer things out isn't it.