PDA

View Full Version : I went to a salon and had a 'wig fitting' experience!!!!

Diversity
09-21-2012, 06:41 AM
What a fantastic time I had today! Besides the blouses I tried on (see my previous post) I actually made an appointment for a private wig fitting! I did not recognize myself! The lady was wonderful and took me in immediately and walked me by her female customers and brought me into a private room. Here she spent over an hour putting on a variety of wigs and talking to me about the importance of 'taking away from my jaw line and masculine face' by using shoulder length hair.
We came together and picked the one that worked best. I told her that she has my business and that I will return within a few weeks (as soon as I can get up the money) and will buy from her. I am rapt! I chose two wigs, but will only buy one at a time. Can't wait! This forum has unleashed a NEW ME! I appreciate the courage you all have given me which has been gained in both positive and negative comments which have ALL been given in a positive light. THANK YOU ALL!
Just love writing and listening to Tobey Keith! Nothing like his song "Club Zydeco Moon".
Anyways I digress - must be the rum! :) Oh, and the Mezcal :)
Love to you all (I get so sentimental when I am happy. Isn't life great!),
Di

linda allen
09-21-2012, 06:45 AM
For all that service, I would have felt obligated to buy the wig right there and now. Far too many people these days are taking the time and expertise of people with actual stores to get advice and then buying on the Internet to save a few dollars. Eventually, these local people will be gone.

Diversity
09-21-2012, 06:57 AM
I agree with you, but I am way too honest and have too much integrity. I told her that I will definitely buy from her. ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT BUY ANYWHERE ELSE!
She did the right thing by me, and I will do the right thing by her.
Di

linda allen
09-21-2012, 07:13 AM
I agree with you, but I am way too honest and have too much integrity. I told her that I will definitely buy from her. ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT BUY ANYWHERE ELSE!
She did the right thing by me, and I will do the right thing by her.
Di

I hope you do. I've heard "I'll be back soon." too many times.

Sarasometimes
09-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Ditto on that Linda!! Personally, I would have scheduled the appointment when i had the money in my pocket. Now she will need to set another appointment....I hope we weren't listening to the Mezcal and rum talking. To all, when we are out and about, to outsiders we represent all TG's, whether we like it or not.
Ok, I'm now off my soapbox, THX Sara

Diversity
09-21-2012, 07:25 AM
As I said, I am very honest and have a lot of integrity. I WILL PURCHASE FROM HER (JAN). I don't care if she may be more expensive, it is the service she provided me that counts. Di

Diversity
09-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Right. Get off your soap box. I am not like others. I am honest and have integrity. I gave my word to her and will definitely purchase the two wigs she showed me. I don't care if I can find cheaper wigs. It is not about the money, but rather about the time and courtesy she gave to me. So I say this to all you 'doubters', never, never, challenge or question my honesty and integrity! Know this about me - I do not compromise on these two values. Money is minor when it comes to these principles.
Di

kimdl93
09-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Congratulations on releasing the new you. What a great experience.

linda allen
09-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Right. Get off your soap box. I am not like others. I am honest and have integrity.

Diversity, This business owner cannot pay her bills with your honesty and integrity and she cannot buy groceries with it. You may have all the good intentions, but you might be hit and killed by a bus before you find the money to go back and purchase the wig(s).

My point (and a couple other people's points) is, have the money or credit card in hand before you take a lot of a business person's time and advice. Or as is sometimes said, "Put your money where your mouth is."

nikitataylor0210
09-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Good to hear, I had a similar experience , one of my best is from a personal fitting experience. Of course, mine was in west hollywood! :)

Karren H
09-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Finding someone like that who provides great personal service is rare no mater what the product! Bet she has a lot of repeat customers!

Beverley Sims
09-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Good to hear, I had a similar experience , one of my best is from a personal fitting experience. Of course, mine was in west hollywood! :)
That is the BEST place in the world I have found for acceptance of anything.
I have had breast forms fitted and bought 2 wigs as well. Also fitted first.
Spent a lot of money there, got good value for the money I spent and bought more accessories there than any one other place I have visited around the world.
I call the boulevard tourist trap 724.
I number all the tourist traps I visit around the world with a random number. :)
The number one tourist traps are situated at the bottom of tall buildings, points of interest and all Washington DC museums.

Connie D50
09-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Di sounds great you don't by chance live in wisconsin I would love to go and have a fitting myself Connie

Brianna612
09-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Way to go Di sounds like fun and it is just fantastic to get great service.

I often go window-shopping. I want to check out all possibilities, get all the answers so I can make an informed decision I work hard for my money and I don't hand it out willie nillie. The places that give me great service are the places that get my money when I have it. If their place goes under, it is not because of you, but because of their poor service. I know because I have a business that counts on repeat customers. I need to treat all customers the same weather they buy or not. Usually they come back. If my business goes under it is because of my poor service or other outside forces that I cannot compete with, not my customers.

JenniferLynn0370
09-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Congrats Diversity, just working up the nerve to go in there and do that is special. I will not buy wigs anymore without going into the salon; just works out better to do so and I get great advice on achieving the look that I want! Good luck!

Hugs,
Jen

Diversity
09-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Hi Connie,
No I don't live in Wisconsin, but I hear it is a beautiful state to live in! I must go there someday.
Di

Diversity
09-21-2012, 08:41 PM
I agree, Jen. Thank you for your comment. If that is a wig you are sporting in your avitar, it looks GREAT! Well done!
Di

Diversity
09-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Thank you for your comments, Brianna. I agree with you entirely. One shopper is not going to be the death of a business. If this was the case, the business would have already been on it's death bed and too fragile to survive, anyways.
Di

Tracii G
09-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Remember you get what you pay for.
i get mine from a wig salon that has been in business since the 70's and have a solid reputation.
A cheap wig will always be a cheap wig get a good one and take care of it.
pameladeewig.com check her site out.The Raquel Welch line is fantastic.

Diversity
09-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi Linda,
I understand this, but as my wife does not want anything to do with my CD'ing, I don't want to have a credit card statement come in the mail with the name of the Wig business on it. So I am going to pay cash, when I get the money in hand. These wigs are not cheap ones. I decided that I want high quality - not floor dusters. The business has been around for many years, and is well known for helping people with cancer/chemo treatments. I'll 'put my money where my mouth is' when I choose to do so. It is my money and I'll spend it when I am ready to do so. The sales person was very pleasant and her time will not have been wasted, as I am going to buy the wigs from her, and only her.
There, I think we have picked this thread apart enough. I hope I have dispelled any concerns you all have expressed. Thank you all for your comments. Admittedly, some surprised me, but that is what is good about this forum. I do value opinions and comments even if they are different from mine. Time to move on....
Di

Chickhe
09-22-2012, 03:11 AM
Couldn't help but comment that I hate reading these types of threads where someone posts a good news story and then others inflict their opinion on them like they wouldn't do the right thing,... anyhow, I did the whole wig shopping thing a couple times in the past and its really worth it. There is no way you can do it without doing it in person if you want to get something that really works well. One thing to check is the quality and will they style it for you.

Marlana
09-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Were you dressed femme when you went for your fitting, or were you drab?

Rachel Morley
09-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Just want to add my congrats and say that IMHO, going to a wig store for a private fitting was one of the best CDing experiences I ever had. The GG SA was super nice to me and gave me lots of advice and was so supportive and encouraging of my CDing (I went dressed). I got lots of tips on what style of wig and color suited my skin tone and face shape, and she showed me how to wash and take of it too. Sure, it was a $200 wig that I could have gotten cheaper online but the whole learning experience was well as the wig itself, was totally worth it. :thumbsup:

Diversity
09-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks Chickhe,
I felt as you described, as I just merely wanted to share the story. I also feel as you do in that I wanted professional advice and a quality product, which is why I went there in the first place. It was my first time shopping for a wig and I enjoyed myself and appreciated learning what I learned.
All the best,
Di

Diversity
09-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Dressed in male mode. Haven't had the courage to go out en femme yet....
Di

Diversity
09-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks Rachel. I was in male mode, but appreciated the experience just the same. I have never been out en femme yet, and could not do it without a wig. One step at a time..... :)
Di

Shaina Mae
09-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Congrats to you! Im also looking at the opportunity to have a wig fitted at me. Then I can go en femme at day! :)

Lillyasia
09-24-2012, 02:10 AM
Thanks for sharing Di. It's an inspiration for those of us wanting to shop for wigs but are hesitant for one reason or another.

Desiree2bababe
09-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Congrats, it's a wonderful experience having women fuss over your hair, isn't it. My fondest memories are my ventures to World of Wigs where I was treated like royalty. Dropped alot of dough there over the years but it was worth it.