PDA

View Full Version : Fall!

Meghan
09-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Fall is here! Well, almost here. Technically it arrives at 10:47AM Saturday morning (here in the northern hemisphere, anyway).

Fall means a lot of fun things for me. Boots, tights and other such things start coming out of the closets and into the world. The days are getting shorter and the night comes earlier, and makeup trends a little heaver because it can. All of the imagery of leaves falling and such make it my favorite time of year.

It also means I can start looking at sweaters in the closet knowing they will be coming out soon too.

The overall imagery of fall has taken on even more meaning now that I am a little older. I notice it more in music. Some of my favorite songs are about fall.

Chicane, one of the most extraordinary electronic music artists I have ever heard, has a fabulous song about the onset of fall called "Autumn Tactics". Without a doubt I will be listening to that over and over again this weekend. The Gorillaz have a moving and powerful song about the end of fall called "November Has Come". I will be listening to that today, too.

What are your feelings about fall? Do you love it? How does it affect your fem side? Does it bring it out more?

Oh, and what music do you like to listen to when you think of fall (or what music reminds you of fall)? I almost forgot to ask that!

I can see where some would dread it. I think most people like long days and short nights, I am wired a little differently and love long nights so my experience might be a lot different than most.

Love it or not, fall is definitely coming and there's nothing that can be done to stop it! Yay!

Meghan

Karren H
09-21-2012, 12:57 PM
I love the crisp cold mornings but this year I'm not far enough on my house remodeling and would love to have a couple months more of summer!

outhiking
09-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I love getting out into the woods in the fall. I also love that I'm that much closer to ski season!

2B Natasha
09-21-2012, 03:58 PM
What are your feelings about fall? Do you love it? How does it affect your fem side? Does it bring it out more?

I love fall. The leaves are changing. Almost time to start lighting fires in the house. The outside fires can roar so they kick out the heat. Time to make comfort food. Snuggle under the blankets with the wife and kid and watch movies.

As to dressing. Love the fall and winter and early spring. Colors suit me. And yes I do feel the pull to get dressed up more and more. Time to break out the little black dress and hit the theatre. And holiday parties.

Cheers!

Ps. It is time to drink BIG red wine.

Connie D50
09-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Meghan I'm with you I love the fall my season for dressing is Sept. (shaved today) love the feel everytime) late March. I love the feel and look of shaved chest and legs. Connie

susangirl
09-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Meghan, I also am a big fan of fall in Atlanta. Once it cools off the legs get shaved and its a real joy to get out around the Atlanta area. Its much more fun to wear a skit or dress with shear stockings instead of thicker ones because of hairy legs. Just the thought of smooth legs with silky light tan lace top stockings and a waist clincher with eight holdups. Top off the look with tight fitting blouse and pencil skirt with 4 or 5 in pumps. Thanks for your post, good thoughts.

NicoleKent
09-21-2012, 05:22 PM
I love Fall so much, warm sweaters and cups of coffee. My favorite Fall music is a band called Matt Pond PA, particularly the album Several Arrows Later

StevieTV
09-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I love the fall. It's my favourite season with all the colours, smells and crispness. I still have the windows open at night and it's so nice snuggling up with my duvet.
As for dressing, I get to wear my sweaters, boots and fall coats. Oh and leather pants which are always a staple for this season.

Kelly Blaine
09-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I love the new design colors for this fall.

Emily Barton
09-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes! I'm excited for autumn this year - I've ordered a bunch of clothes that are autumn-appropriate including my first pair of boots :D

drushin703
09-21-2012, 06:24 PM
I love to see the leaves turning colors here in the midwest. The wind has such a distinctive feel and smell, letting you know that winter is coming. It has been
such a long and very hot summer. Pantyhose slid on your legs so much easier when the air is cool......dana

Brianna612
09-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Fall is great. Crisp leaves, cool weather, don't sweat or freeze when working, but the best thing is it means that ice skating, ice fishing, snow skiing and sledding is coming soon. Sorry to see summer go. I love all the seasons except Spring, just too sloppy. Bring on the cold after such a hot summer.

Miriam-J
09-21-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm with you, Meghan. I love the crisp air and beautiful leaves in my native midwest.

Being a crossdresser with retained body hair doubles the pleasure. I can wear the long sleeves, high necks, long skirts, and wig that cover my body appropriately to minimize unwanted attention. I can wear enough makeup to tolerably cover facial hair, and not have to worry about sweating it off. And I can once again paint my toenails without undue exposure.

Even winter can be pleasant with such advantages. My wife often talks of someday moving to the south, but I can't help that I would miss my four season life for so many reasons.

Miriam

StephineUK
09-21-2012, 07:26 PM
i dont like it .. hate cold weather , in wales we get a fair share of it... and its not nice!!!

really miss living in tenerife(spain) was there for a few years as you only need one wardrobe , maybe a light jacket thats it. summer there gets a bit hot though

had to come back to uk because of family reasons , did the right thing and it has all worked out.. luckly

Amalthea
09-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I come alive in Fall.

As opposed to Spring where hormones dictate your "needs", Fall gently shows you the way to your inner emotions which are omnipresent and bring you back in touch with Nature ... and your feminine side.

I need Fall, and its smell of fallen wet leaves which makes you drunk of feeling alive.

Barbara Ella
09-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Love the Fall and Winter. Being retired I don't have to worry about snow blowing to clear the driveway to get to work, and can just keep the rest of the house cold and fire up the fireplace in the living room. And the makeup stays so much fresher in the cool weather. Am looking forward to fall dressing, as I have never done that before. I do have a little shopping to do. Yay!!!

Barbara

Meghan
09-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Meghan, I also am a big fan of fall in Atlanta. Once it cools off the legs get shaved and its a real joy to get out around the Atlanta area. Its much more fun to wear a skit or dress with shear stockings instead of thicker ones because of hairy legs. Just the thought of smooth legs with silky light tan lace top stockings and a waist clincher with eight holdups. Top off the look with tight fitting blouse and pencil skirt with 4 or 5 in pumps. Thanks for your post, good thoughts.

Thank you Susan! You've made a very nice case for fall (and a wonderful mental image of your outfit to boot)!

Down here we get about a week of winter if you add up the 8 days it dips below 60 degrees at night, so it's bare legs year round. But still, I love the look and feel of tights, and they get bearable once we get into October.

Connie, one word: Yes!

Miriam, I don't blame you for wanting to experience every season. Winter means even warmer sweaters! I nice, soft tight turtleneck is my favorite texture and feel of winter.

Karen - I hear you! For every day committed to doing something on the house I create two days of work. I wonder if it would be better if I just left it alone.

Thanks to everyone for the great replies. I hope there are more to come.

Meghan

cheryl
09-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Yes finaly fall, I agree. Tights or stockings shaved legs, no sweating best time of the year

BLUE ORCHID
09-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Hi Meghan, The nice thing about Fall and Winter is that you can dress to keep warm.
But you can't undress enough to stay cool in the Summer.

Kelly Blaine
09-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Yes! I'm excited for autumn this year - I've ordered a bunch of clothes that are autumn-appropriate including my first pair of boots :D

You will love the boots as it gets cold. OMG, is this not fun.

suchacutie
09-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Now that I think about it, much of my wardrobe is designed for fall! Sweaters and booties and tights and leggings and heavier dresses are all ready for early tomorrow morning!!!!

nice :)

I Am Paula
09-22-2012, 08:30 PM
When the fall clothes started appearing in mid august, when it was still 90 degrees out, I couldn't even picture fall. Now that it's here I look forward each morning to picking my oufit. Suede ankle boots, leggings, cowl necked sweaters, and, lest we forget, long skirts (a fave of mine). Giving the credit card a major work out lately. Got a nice compliment from the barista at my coffee shop this morning about my orange cableknit sweater and matching pashmina. hugs-Celeste

Angela Campbell
09-22-2012, 09:38 PM
It is still over 90 degrees here........I miss the fall in Atlanta.....

EllenJo
09-22-2012, 10:59 PM
I love fall also. So many reasons to enjoy the cooler weather, tights, sweaters, the leaves and most of all College Football. I just love watching all the cute cheerleader outfits on the sidelines.

EllenJo

Meghan
09-22-2012, 11:16 PM
I love fall also. So many reasons to enjoy the cooler weather, tights, sweaters, the leaves and most of all College Football. I just love watching all the cute cheerleader outfits on the sidelines.

EllenJo

Hmmmm, great point. On average the college uniforms are way more interesting than the pros. Except maybe the Raider girls or the Charger girls. Oh and New Orleans has great cheerleader unis too!

I am not a fan of any of those teams, unless you count that I love their cheerleader looks!

Meghan

Algoma
09-22-2012, 11:41 PM
I love Fall, sweater dresses, boots and scavers

Leah Lynn
09-22-2012, 11:52 PM
And all this time I thought I was alone in worshipping the fall wardrobe! I wish fall would last til spring! (Okay, one week of snow at Christmas, so the little darlings can play with their sleds.)

Meghan
09-22-2012, 11:59 PM
And all this time I thought I was alone in worshipping the fall wardrobe! I wish fall would last til spring! (Okay, one week of snow at Christmas, so the little darlings can play with their sleds.)

Yay! I am sure there are some who prefer the bare legs of spring, but nothing is more fun for me than a nice pair of tights, with some warm boots that cause your legs to sweat. But only a little bit so the only time you notice is when you unzip them at the end of the day.

Plus the feel of a cool breeze against a pair of tights exposed by a knee-length skirt...it's an indescribable feeling because there is nothing quite like it.

Meghan

Cary
09-23-2012, 03:22 AM
I have always loved the Fall. I feel it is the best time of the year for me . I tend to dress more durning this time. I love how women tend to dress durning the Fall. I'm a big fan of sweaters, boots, Tights, etc!(The layers hide alot of things LOL) I love all the great colors of this time of year.

ArleneRaquel
09-23-2012, 03:24 AM
Fall & winter are the seasons that I can wear my leopard boots! :)

Kat42
09-23-2012, 03:33 AM
Ah yes, glad fall is finally here...

Of course the thermometer belies the calendar.. it was only 103F today!

Fall temps are still a couple weeks off for us in the Sonoran desert.

Beverley Sims
09-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Fall means less imaginative dressing for me.
Less work involved in going out.
Bring on spring and summer, my type of outer wear.

Denise Somers
09-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Fall is a nice time of year and many consider the period, 10 September to 10 October, to be the best thirty day period of time consistently each year although 2012 has been drier, sunnier, and hotter in Wisconsin than in many western areas of the US. Fall color here is comparable with New England, football is everywhere, and yes, those sweaters, the cardigans I like so much with the tie band, and the boots which start tapping the pavement. It's also a time for many more of us to enjoy what's in our closet if we haven't been dressing over the summer months. I'm more of a freestyler which allows me to wear feminine articles all year around but cooler months do offer more opportunities. Denise S.