PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Characters

NicoleKent
09-21-2012, 03:48 PM
So my outlet for my cross dressing for a long time was through Role Playing video games. I played a game called City of Heroes for a long time on a roleplaying server. The game had a really great character creation mechanic, so you could make your character very detailed. Are there any other nerdy dressers out there that use video games as an outlet?

dallasmann
09-21-2012, 04:14 PM
I was never heavily into gaming, but I found out a long time ago I wasn't the only one. On pretty much every game I've ever played, I choose a female character. One of my favorites was Tiger Woods golf and despite being the sexiest, I beat all the boys. :)

MicheleCooper
09-21-2012, 04:19 PM
So my outlet for my cross dressing for a long time was through Role Playing video games. I played a game called City of Heroes for a long time on a roleplaying server. The game had a really great character creation mechanic, so you could make your character very detailed. Are there any other nerdy dressers out there that use video games as an outlet?

Loved that game, had to quit playing when my budget was getting tight. When I had some money I tried going back and that place was a ghost town...<sigh>. Other than that, I loved City of heroes and City of Villains for being able to do a nice female build.

NicoleKent
09-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah, unfortunately City of Heroes is closing down, I logged back in to say goodbye to my old personas. end of an era :( I'm playing Borderlands 2 right now as the female character

Amy A
09-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah I do that all the time. Mass Effect, Skyrim, Guitar Hero! Plus the characters are nicer to look at :D

FeliciaCDSNJ
09-21-2012, 04:48 PM
I play mostly female characters in World of Warcraft. Then again, in any video game, if they have a female character to play as, that is the one I always choose. Figured if it is going to represent me, might as well be the true me.

Princess29
09-21-2012, 10:51 PM
In the Saints Row franchise, you can have either a male character, female or various stages in between. Any clothing option is available to your character, whichever gender (or combination) you designate for your player. You can even change the hairstyle and voice for your character

Emily359
09-22-2012, 01:21 AM
I do a lot of gaming, and yes I do often choose female characters. In my case, though, a lot of the time it's just because the male characters look stupid. They're so exaggeratedly butch half the time, or just incredibly ugly. In the case of Mass Effect, I chose a female character because I didn't like the male voice actor's nasal sound. I usually tend to go for a character that fits my "style" somehow, whether its a man or a woman.

bridget thronton
09-22-2012, 01:41 AM
I like gaming, i teach game design, and i often play female charters in gsmes

Jane G
09-22-2012, 02:00 AM
I don't play on line that much, but when I was playing TDU I had a female Avatar. Was great fun. Made for far more interesting conversations than playing a male character.:battingeyelashes:

RileyEvans
09-22-2012, 04:47 AM
I choose a female whenever its an option. Saints Row 2 and 3 are really cool with all the customizing. Also love playing the Tomb Raider games, Tomb Raider Legend is the only PS2 game still out in the open and not packed up.

Amy A
09-22-2012, 05:43 AM
I do a lot of gaming, and yes I do often choose female characters. In my case, though, a lot of the time it's just because the male characters look stupid. They're so exaggeratedly butch half the time, or just incredibly ugly. In the case of Mass Effect, I chose a female character because I didn't like the male voice actor's nasal sound. I usually tend to go for a character that fits my "style" somehow, whether its a man or a woman.

My problem with male Shepard (the standard one at least) is that he's a bit dull. He's a victim of publishers desire to make a character that appeals to as many regions, localities and ethnicities as possible. A common complaint of female characters is that they objectify women (which in some cases can be true), but the male characters are often gross excaggerations of masculinity, that I don't identify with at all.

Saffron
09-22-2012, 08:13 AM
I usually choose female characters in videogames, just like joss whedon, I prefer female heroines.

Here's my commander Shepard of mass effect..

BTW the voice acting of Jennifer Hale is top notch

Josie M
09-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Never tried city of heros, but I did create a couple of characters on Champions Online (both male oddly enough). I also have WoW characters on Draenor, Blackhand, and Runetotem (a male and female on each).

I sorta think of those characters more as "toons" though....not so much an expression of myself.

Aylineira
09-22-2012, 04:16 PM
I played a girl character on a role playing server a while back and nobody even suspected that I was a guy! I felt bad when guys would try to get to know me (but I always let them down easy). Now I always play a girl character. Was bummed out when I found out that in World of Warcraft, guys playing girls were quite the normal.

Saffron
09-22-2012, 04:47 PM
It's a bit tedious to play as a girl in online games, with all the boys trying to get in your digital pants :straightface: