PDA

View Full Version : I’m not going to the SCC

Kim_Bitzflick
09-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Beware, this is a long post.

Since January, I’ve had to work 50 to 60 hours a week. So most of the time, I had to work Saturday. Between that & summer with my kids in the house, there has been very little time for me to be Kim.

I’ve been wanting to go to the SCC for a few years now and this year was going to be it. Was……but as I started making the plans, I found that I didn’t really want to go. It took me some time to realize why. My wife said it was OK for me to go, but she didn’t want to go. I finally realized I felt guilty about spending so much money on myself.

So I told my wife how I felt. I told her I would rather spend that money on a trip for us together if she would allow me to be Kim on the trip. As I suspected, she liked the idea.

So we started talking about where to go, I said “You chose.” She finally settled on Charleston SC. On September 28, we will be taking a weekend trip there. We also agreed that we could spend some money on new outfits for me since our trip would cost less than the SCC.

Two weeks ago, we went shopping for clothes for me. I’ve been out shopping so much as Kim, that this was almost just another outing. Nothing unusual happened. All the clerks were very nice to me. I love shopping for clothes with my wife. I really value her opinion and usually she is good at picking out clothes for me. I found a nice top and a cropped sweater to go over my cute cami I bought last year. But I didn’t find everything to make an outfit for the trip. I knew we would have to go out again.

That ended up being this last weekend BUT this last weekend was NOT my typical weekend.

My daughter came home from college for the weekend. We went out to dinner Friday night. Earlier that day, I asked my daughter if she wanted to go see the sun rise with me. Go get donuts and watch the sun rise. She said yes, but my younger daughter didn’t want to go (she is a senior in high school). It’s a daddy daughter thing we’ve done since my girls were little. So we got up early Saturday about 6 AM and went to watch the sun rise and talked. The rest of the day, I did a little work on a home project, rested and went to church. My wife took the girls shopping for clothes.

Sunday started as a non typical Sunday morning. Usually I go to church on Sunday morning with my family, but we went Saturday night so I didn’t have to go Sunday. So I slept in a little longer getting my beauty rest. My younger daughter left the house at 10 AM and my older daughter left for college at noon. This left the rest of the day for Kim and shopping….YES! My wife & I kinda planned this.

I got ready and we went to the mall. We stopped first at JC Penney. I looked at all the stuff there and tried on at least a dozen things, getting my wife’s opinion. I found a great faux leather skirt. I went to pay for my skirt. I swiped my credit card & the girl asked to see my ID. Without hesitation, I pulled out my ID with my male picture and showed it to her. She said “Is that your husband’s ID?”. I said “no, that’s me.” She hesitated then the light went on. Then I cheerily said “Thank you!”. and I started to leave.

My wife had gone to the restroom so I started to head that way. I stopped a few steps away from the register and then asked the girl where the restrooms are. She really hesitated at that and then found a way to tell me without specifying which restroom.

I had a little laugh with my wife about this and then we headed on into the mall to continue shopping.

We went to Dillards and after many more items tried on we finally found the jean skirt I wanted.

My feet were beginning to hurt & I wanted a drink at the food court, but my wife was ready to head home, so we headed home. It was a tiring but VERY rewarding day.

If you would like to see what I bought I posted a thread in the Pics section.

Hugs to all who made it through this post.

KateSpade83
09-21-2012, 08:10 PM
What do you do for a living that you have to work severe overtime? Can't you just tell your company that they need to hire more workers? It's because of companies that are overworking their current employees and not hiring people - that's why the economy is bad.

BLUE ORCHID
09-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Hi Kim, I saw the skirts they look great.

RE: 50/60 Hrs a week I had a job like thai for the last 15yrs. before I retired
the money was great and the work was easy.
It kept Orchid well dressed as she was hi-maintance back then.

PretzelGirl
09-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Without hesitation, I pulled out my ID with my male picture and showed it to her. She said “Is that your husband’s ID?”. I said “no, that’s me.” She hesitated then the light went on. Then I cheerily said “Thank you!”. and I started to leave.

Yes!!!!! Always an awesome experience.

I have to say Kim, it never gets old to read a story of someone who has their priorities right and has a great family life. Thank you for the story.

docrobbysherry
09-21-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm glad u enjoy your shopping trips, Kim.

But to me, comparing shopping to hanging out with 700 girls from around the world is like comparing watching an 8 y/o girl's soccer game to watching a World Cup Final football match, in person!

I'm sorry I couldn't make the SCC this year!

Kim_Bitzflick
09-22-2012, 06:43 AM
What do you do for a living that you have to work severe overtime? Can't you just tell your company that they need to hire more workers? It's because of companies that are overworking their current employees and not hiring people - that's why the economy is bad.

Actually we are trying to find more people, but good ones are hard to find. Our local unemployment rate is 7.4% or so. Also our management has set very difficult deadlines on this project.

Yes!!!!! Always an awesome experience.

I have to say Kim, it never gets old to read a story of someone who has their priorities right and has a great family life. Thank you for the story.

It was awesome. That was my favorite part.

AngelaMichelle
09-22-2012, 07:38 AM
It's refreshing to read an upbeat post. I kept waiting for the bad news and was relieved when it didn't come. One of these days I will live somewhere that I can go shopping dressed.

~Angela