PDA

View Full Version : Today, I heard for the first time, "What r u, one of those crossdressers?"

docrobbysherry
09-21-2012, 10:33 PM
While shopping in drab in a large Goodwill, of all places! I had stopped after doing some plumbing repairs. I was dressed very grubby wearing my stash and beard.:doh:
I wouldn't have gone into a dept. store like that. And, folks that know me will tell u I'm pretty shameless in drab!:straightface:

Anyway, I was walking thru the ladies shoe racks. A lady was looking at red shoes as I walked by glancing at them. "Do u like red shoes", she asked? I gave her my standard reply, "Yes, but rarely find them in my size". Generally, that ends the conversation. Not with this one, tho. "What r u, one of those crossdressers", said she? I replied, "Yes I am. How could u tell?" And, she says, "U must be a pervert." I was about to straighten her out on what most CDs r really like. But, she was about 20' away, grabbed a pair of shoes off the rack and tossed them on the floor in my direction. Then, she commented, "Perverts like to shop here!" As she tossed another pair of flats at me. At that point, I thot it best to disengage ASAP. So, I thanked her but explained I didn't wear flats because of a bad back. She said flats were all she wore and I should buy those 2 pairs because they were "so cute". Ew! Flats, cute? I didn't think so!:brolleyes:

What's interesting is in my 14+ years shopping in 2nd hand stores, I've had many chats with folks as I looked at and purchased ladies things. Always in drab. Never once has anyone suggested I mite be a CD before! Even if I said the things were for me, they didn't believe it!:eek:

Davena Doll
09-21-2012, 10:53 PM
As the crossdressing world turns.................. I can not see my self in flats either.

Stephanie47
09-21-2012, 11:04 PM
You did the wise thing to disengage. W(B)itches like that will never shut up. All I would see is escalation.

Tracii G
09-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Pervert too huh?
I would have said me a perv? Prove it by explaining how you came to that conclusion?

LilSissyStevie
09-21-2012, 11:28 PM
I think she might have been hitting on you;-)

Sara Jessica
09-21-2012, 11:47 PM
I'd like to think that I would know how to reply to a comment such as this but at the end of the day, I think I'd be like the AFLAC Duck after listening to Yogi Berra. You did the best you could in the heat of the moment. Hindsight is 20/20 as to what we could have, should have, would have done.

Sarah Doepner
09-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Okay, so they were flats. But were they your size and would they be considered cute if you wore flats?

ReineD
09-22-2012, 01:06 AM
In another thread, a female bus driver yelled at a CDer for "lying" to her by using a modified voice. Seems she could accept freedom of expression with a male wearing feminine clothes and makeup, but the idea of "pretending" to be a woman by modifying a voice was a big no-no and not as God intended, according to her.

There must be something in the water.

I'm sorry this happened to you Sherry. Thankfully, this doesn't happen every day. :sad:

Lillyasia
09-22-2012, 01:27 AM
So she was s-h-o-e-i-n-g you away?

Sorry, both for the bad pun and the way some lowlife treated you. I have to remind myself when going to bargain priced places that I can run into all kinds of people there. Sure would be nice to shop high ends places only:)

Beverley Sims
09-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Further to Reinee's comment, "It must be that time of the month." :)

Persephone
09-22-2012, 02:09 AM
It took 14+ years in 2nd hand stores to run into one wacko? That's better odds than I would have thought there would be! Clearly the lady was a little, uh, unhinged,

I'm sorry you ran into that situation, but I think the bright side was the way you so cooly handled it. A shining example of the way it should be done.

Hugs,
Persephone.

redwriter
09-22-2012, 02:16 AM
Good for you for not letting it escalate. Her ignorance is frightening. LilSissyStevie might be right - could have been her middle school-way of hitting on you. ;)

lauren_m
09-22-2012, 03:31 AM
How bizarre! I'm left with an odd mix of emotions, and I wasn't even there!

Angie Sweet
09-22-2012, 03:44 AM
I am amazed, shocked and sorry this happened to you. I cannot believe someone would actually confront someone like that with no previous interaction. This is one of the amazingly rude people that need to try to shame and ridicule people because they don't fit into their view of how things "should" be.
I think you handled that as well as you could.

Anneliese
09-22-2012, 05:42 AM
I am not surprised. When I shop (in drab), most people ignore me or are friendly, but there are those rare few who look disgusted, even though I could legitimately be shopping for a wife, girlfriend, daughter etc. Has a man ever looked at a woman in the men's section with disgust? Of course not. They're there as often as men are.

STACY B
09-22-2012, 05:48 AM
Pervert too huh?
I would have said me a perv? Prove it by explaining how you came to that conclusion?

Us Dam Perverts can't catch a break ,,, Heyyyyyyyyy,,,,,,,, I wear flats ,,,,,, Tracy dont she 5' tall ,,,, She wears flats she looks like a girl ,,,LOL,,,,Little School girl !!!

Jeanna
09-22-2012, 06:36 AM
I guess I might have a shoe perversion...lol

donnalee
09-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Perhaps she was trying to hit you with the shoes and had a lousy aim?

Karen_K
09-22-2012, 06:39 AM
Well it just goes to show you, some people will be accepting of crossdressers, and others not. And still other people will be just plain crazy.

Launa
09-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Chalk it up to bumping into a wierdo. She's probably one of those crazies you see in public places from time to time that talks out loud and is making no sense.

Angela Campbell
09-22-2012, 07:59 AM
I guess I would rather be a perverted crossdresser than a rude ugly mean old person like that.

StephineUK
09-22-2012, 08:11 AM
if i am out dressed and i ever get "bad chat" the best way i find to deal with narrow minded pepole like that is i say something like

"you are only jelous as i look better than you " that normmaly works well..:)

on a nite out some time ago i got a girl come up to me and started to greif me then tryed to start a argeument about me dressing .. i said something like "Who are you to tell me what i should wear" then walked off as did not want to lose my temper and ruin my otherwise good nite...Grrrrr

most girls complemt me and are nice and ask questions witch i love but you allways get one that.....

SO annoying and the strange thing men dont generally bother me , but just the women.. why is that?

Angela Campbell
09-22-2012, 08:38 AM
If asked if I am a crossdresser I would reply...."yes are you?"

TGMarla
09-22-2012, 09:31 AM
What a horrid (expletive deleted)! It's amazing how rude some people can be. And to have an opinion that crossdressers are all perverts.......like Sara said. AFLAC duck listening to Yogi. One day she should meet a real pervert. However, I take solace in the knowledge that I can pity her for her lack of intelligence, while I can be secure that mine is intact. Tell her she must be royalty......she's obvioulsy Baron of Gray Matter.

~Joanne~
09-22-2012, 09:56 AM
The world is going to hell in a hand basket isn't it? It's unbelievable that this woman couldn't just mind her own business and go about her own shopping and pretend to be civil.

suchacutie
09-22-2012, 12:04 PM
There are some people who feel their opinions should be those of everyone else, and are easily agitated to make that known. They cannot be spoken to, nor reasoned with as they are not intereseted in reason or discussion. It really is for them, "my way or the highway" and they are beligerant about it.

The "one of those" gave it away to me immediately. I think you were very smart to disengage from that person and let her live her very difficult life!

RADER
09-22-2012, 12:31 PM
When she said that only perverts shop here, I would have said, then you must be a
pervert, after all it takes one to know one.....Pervert.
Rader

Thera Home
09-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Anyway, I was walking thru the ladies shoe racks. A lady was looking at red shoes as I walked by glancing at them. "Do u like red shoes", she asked? I gave her my standard reply, "Yes, but rarely find them in my size". Generally, that ends the conversation. Not with this one, tho. "What r u, one of those crossdressers", said she? I replied, "Yes I am. How could u tell?" And, she says, "U must be a pervert.":

You know how girls are, if they like you, they'll be mean to you and want you to chase them:heehee:

Thera

ArleneRaquel
09-22-2012, 12:46 PM
In 21century America some people some to show off their ignorance, and they think that they are on " God's side".

docrobbysherry
09-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Okay, so they were flats. But were they your size and would they be considered cute if you wore flats?
Actually, one pair WAS cute, Sarah. The other, hideous! If u saw her, you'd never trust her taste in anything! Ha ha!

So she was s-h-o-e-i-n-g you away?

Sorry, both for the bad pun and the way some lowlife treated you. I have to remind myself when going to bargain priced places that I can run into all kinds of people there. Sure would be nice to shop high ends places only:)
Strangely, I feel much more at ease among the riff raff than the hoite toite crowd, Lilly. I don't get sideways, fisheye looks from folks in thrift stores that EVERYONE gives me in the mall stores!

It took 14+ years in 2nd hand stores to run into one wacko? That's better odds than I would have thought there would be! Clearly the lady was a little, uh, unhinged,
I'm sorry you ran into that situation, but I think the bright side was the way you so cooly handled it. A shining example of the way it should be done.
Hugs,
Persephone.
I'm pretty confident in drab and I've been shopping for Sherry for quite some time. So, I handle myself well and don't get bothered easily, Persephone. On the other hand, I have no idea how Sherry mite have handled the same situation. But, the terms,"very ugly", and "catastrophic", come to mind!

Chalk it up to bumping into a wierdo. She's probably one of those crazies you see in public places from time to time that talks out loud and is making no sense.
Yes, I got the same feeling from her odd, disconnected comments, and strange actions, Launa! A conversation with such a type would be, as Sara commented, like a duck and bear conversing!

I guess I would rather be a perverted crossdresser than a rude ugly mean old person like that.
Well, there aren't many folks in stores that r older than I these days, Almost. But u pegged her pretty well! About 5' 2", 50 to 100 pounds overweight. Hard to be sure with the loose, terry, mu mu style brite orange thing she wore. Sloppy looking with messy hair up, flaps, (or flats that resembled them), and in her forties, I'd guess. Not that I looked any better with my sloppy, loose, work clothes on!

if i am out dressed and i ever get "bad chat" the best way i find to deal with narrow minded pepole like that is i say something like

"you are only jelous as i look better than you " that normmaly works well..:)

on a nite out some time ago i got a girl come up to me and started to greif me then tryed to start a argeument about me dressing .. i said something like "Who are you to tell me what i should wear" then walked off as did not want to lose my temper and ruin my otherwise good nite...Grrrrr

most girls complemt me and are nice and ask questions witch i love but you allways get one that.....

SO annoying and the strange thing men dont generally bother me , but just the women.. why is that?
I was in drab, Stephine. So, none of that is appropriate or necessary. When I'm out dressed, I have to have comebacks, body motions, appologies, and answers ready constantly. Because when people see me, it's hard for them NOT to react! When I'm out as Sherry, it's mostly just jaws dropping as she passes by vanilla folks!

Jocelyn Quivers
09-22-2012, 01:42 PM
You know how girls are, if they like you, they'll be mean to you and want you to chase them:heehee:

Thera

That's what I was thinking, kind of reminds me of grade school, when I get attacked, beaten, teased, bullied etc. by certain girls and my mom and dad would reply ""That means she has a crush on you, because she's giving all of her attention."

Look at the bright side of the situation Doc, imagine if it were the lingerie or dress section and her conversation began with "Do I look fat in this outfit?"
Imagine the powder keg that could have occured if that was how the conversation started.

Brianna612
09-22-2012, 03:25 PM
I have noticed a huge difference in classes. We bought and sold houses in a influential part of town. We had no problems, if there were difference between neighbors they were talked out. Going out en-fem was generally accepted also. Now we inherited a house in a cheaper suburb. Twice this summer I've tried to talk to people and they immediately start name calling like they were still in junior high. So to conclude, I have found in general the higher class folks are more professional up front and talk behind your back while the lower class people seem to blurt things out without thinking and still talk behind your back. Ether way we make an impact. I think it is always better to keep your cool. If a calm discussion is not possible it is much better to politely leave. That takes all the fuel away from the fire.

Marleena
09-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Sherry it was bound to happen eventually. You met the worst of the worst, a psycho hater. She probably hates everything, you know the type.:D

Wildaboutheels
09-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Once another person shows themselves to be Ignorant in a public place in a face to face meeting...

Depending on time, place and circumstance of course you might choose to inform them in a POLITE, CORDIAL voice, "You, sir/madam are certainly right about one thing. Ignorance is bliss."

Not getting worked up or defensive about their remark is likely to completely disarm them.

For those willing to "stand up" for themselves but of slight stature or concerned about physical harm it might be a good idea to keep a boat whistle in a handy pocket or around your neck on a chain hidden. Some are VERY small but extremely loud. I think the chances of being physically attacked in a public place are extremely small for most CDers but a whistle could act as just a tiny bit of "insurance" if you are attacked or feel it is imminent.

BLUE ORCHID
09-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Hi Sherry, Like I've said before, You just can't fix stupid.

Ashley D.
09-22-2012, 06:34 PM
I had a old blue hire (and yes her hair)in a thrift store. Tell me they didn't sell girl clothes to men.
I asked what if I'm buying them for my wife or GF?
She replied are you
NO
Then I will not sell them to you.

I went back there two days later in femm and got the one top I liked that was still there.
The same lady checked me out.

Yalova
09-22-2012, 06:48 PM
For those willing to "stand up" for themselves but of slight stature or concerned about physical harm it might be a good idea to keep a boat whistle in a handy pocket or around your neck on a chain hidden. Some are VERY small but extremely loud. I think the chances of being physically attacked in a public place are extremely small for most CDers but a whistle could act as just a tiny bit of "insurance" if you are attacked or feel it is imminent.

A greater amount of "insurance" can be obtained by carrying pepper spray or make use of your concealed carry permit.

Sara Jessica
09-22-2012, 07:30 PM

A greater amount of "insurance" can be obtained by carrying pepper spray or make use of your concealed carry permit.

See how things escalate for no reason? How on Earth does an idiotic comment morph into a need for pepper spray or that which cannot be discussed here???

Eryn
09-22-2012, 07:50 PM
You did exactly the right thing by disengaging. With someone like this person, who has already proven willing to step outside the bounds of propriety, you cannot win. Better to move away and let her continue her conversation with the voices in her head.

PretzelGirl
09-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Just for the record, it wasn't a full moon yesterday.

http://www.almanac.com/moon/full/CA/Los+Angeles

Princess_of_Hckloins
09-22-2012, 09:26 PM
I would venture to say the drama queen is a follower of one of those extreme religious-flavored talkshows (ie, Bryan Fischer), or she had an ex-husband and/or boyfriend whom was a CD and/or TS.

Shadeauxmarie
09-22-2012, 11:42 PM
You handled the moron well. Probably better than I would have.

NicoleScott
09-23-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm sorry, Sherry. I was having a bad day and I shouldn't have gone off on you like that.

Denise Somers
09-23-2012, 02:15 PM
docrobbysherry, Well, there's a first time for everything so don't worry. You live in the Golden State of California, with a population of more then 37.4 million people and there will be quite a number of jerks among them it's a mathematical fact. Consider yourself lucky it took 14 years to finally meet one. This woman will one day forget to look both ways crossing the street and get hit by a bus. People like that are not to going to last too long which is also a mathematical fact. If you do ever see her again and she tosses shoes at you then put the shoes on and step on her feet. Make sure she knows the difference, "hey dumbass, I'm an EXTROVERT not a PERVERT, and this is so you get it right next time! It's just an idea. Denise Somers

flatlander_48
09-23-2012, 02:26 PM
What's interesting is in my 14+ years shopping in 2nd hand stores, I've had many chats with folks as I looked at and purchased ladies things. Always in drab. Never once has anyone suggested I mite be a CD before! Even if I said the things were for me, they didn't believe it!:eek:

Often Truth IS stranger than Fiction...