PDA

View Full Version : Other reasons why we should not be afraid of who we are and how to carry our selves

jsunic_1978
09-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Another reason I like to dress in public is so I can prove who the jerks in society really are and also prove my self wrong, that people may be more accepting than we think. They are shocked at first, which is understandable.

Emily359
09-22-2012, 01:28 AM
While I'd have to agree that dressing seems like a decent way to learn some things about the people around you, I believe everyone should be treated with respect, even if they don't return the favor. By judging people, laughing at them and calling them idiots, what are you gaining? Are you so insecure that you have to put people down in order to feel better about yourself and your dressing? I don't mean that as an insult, but as a hopefully thought-provoking question.

Everyone is human. Everyone does things that other people dislike or that people will call "stupid" or "weird". What is the point of judging those who judge you? Don't we all just want acceptance? Those potentially insecure people you talked about in your post are probably crying out for acceptance too, or struggling to accept themselves for whatever reason.

Edit: Ah, I see you edited your original, much harsher post. Now my own post doesn't quite work, but I guess I'll leave it here anyway.

jsunic_1978
09-22-2012, 01:45 AM
I just post on here to gain insight. I don't go around in public and fingerprint, but most of us on this sight understand. I like to gain insight :)

the only reasons to get in peoples business and point them out is if someone is ENDANGERED, not just to point at something a little different. its a huge relief being out n about as we can WEED OUT the people we do not want in our lives in the first place, gossips, mean people, phonies, etc etc.

suzy1
09-22-2012, 03:20 AM
If only life was as simple as that. All black and white. But its not!

I have two sons. They are wonderful loving kind men. We are very close.
But I know there opinion on ‘men who like to wear a dress’. O.K. it’s because of the society they live in. How they have been shaped by society to react to Crossdressers.

If they came across a man dressed up as a women they would never be rude but they would laugh behind his back.
And if anyone they new was crossdressing there opinion of them would plummet!

Are they jerks? You might say yes, I would not.

MaryAnn40c
09-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Life is short...live everyday like its your last....dress up,dress down,just get out and be yourself!

docrobbysherry
09-22-2012, 01:43 PM
On the other hand, Jsunic:

Some of us don't care to suffer the jerks! And, as Suzy points out, sometimes it's nice, regular, vanilla folks that become the jerks after seeing us dressed! (Hey! I've got a mirror. I see what they see and I look STRANGE!)

Some of us don't need the extra turmoil in our daily lives.

Some of us don't feel the need to ruffle everyone else's feathers just to prove we CAN! Personally, I prefer to go thru my day with no one noticing me. "Leave very little wake", in sailor speak. If I could do that dressed, I would. But, since I can't pass period, I won't.

jsunic_1978
09-23-2012, 02:40 PM
I really don't pass neither and most people don't pay mind and the people that do DON'T HAVE LIVERS OF THEIR OWN so they make fun of others and its in my eyes, people don't bother me.