PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

AlexisRaeMoon
09-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Im standing in front of the mirror, in a green, drop neck sweater, black corduroy skirt, black tights, and black boots. I feel comfortable, and like how I look, but I don't know what to do.

What should I do?

Thera Home
09-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Crank up some Duran Duran and dance around the house
:GD:

Thera

Laura912
09-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Take a hike lady! :D Or said in another way, go out.

Saffron
09-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Take some pictures, go out and have some fun! :-)

Cynthia Anne
09-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Shopping is always fun! Just DO IT! Hugs!

STACY B
09-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Don't go swimming ,,,That drop neck sweater will drag you strait to the Bottom ,,,Trust me I know !!!

Amy A
09-22-2012, 07:58 PM
What do you want to do? There must be something, some daydream you've had of yourself as a woman, some setting that you've dreamed of being dressed in. Aim for that, even if it's a case of one step at a time.

Around the house though (if going out isn't an option at the moment), just do what you would normally do. Just be yourself.

Angela Campbell
09-22-2012, 09:45 PM
I know what I would do. I would take out another outfit and try it on, then another, then another oh my now I can use this top with this skirt, and that one with this one.

Karren H
09-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Go to the Science and Industry Museum .... I love that place!

Jorja
09-22-2012, 10:39 PM
If you are really really desperate, you can go to a Cubs game. :)

docrobbysherry
09-22-2012, 10:59 PM
U haven't told us the most important part, Arianna. Do u think u look good? R u satisfied? If so, there must be something else Arianna wants to do.

But, if you're like me, you'll never be satisfied no matter how good u look. Which means u still have work to do! Anyway, that's what I do looking in my mirror!

Meghan
09-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Go to the Science and Industry Museum .... I love that place!

I was just there in late June. The trains and that whole city/country exhibit were fascinating. The submarine was cool (it's indoors now and you can't just walk through it, it's a guided tour). As I told my son as we were adjusting the lights on one of the exhibits, it's a museum where it's OK to have ADD!

And yes we did the cheesy coal mine.

Best museum ever!

Meghan

Cheryl T
09-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Open the door and go out somewhere...there's a whole world out there.

Beverley Sims
09-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Just turn around, go out the front door and walk and walk and walk.
When you get tired come home.
No wasn't that great?

BLUE ORCHID
09-23-2012, 04:38 PM
I sounds like it,s time to go shopping.

Gaby2
09-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Admire, admire, admire...

Jennifer B
09-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Do what you would normally do. That's all you have to do.

If you can do this for a day and just be yourself without constantly focusing on the fact that you are en femme, then at the end of the day or the next day when you are back in drab the difference will be a (hopefully) profound and extremely valuable experience.

That's been the way for me, not the doing but the being. I hope this works for you.

heatherdress
09-23-2012, 10:34 PM
First, enjoy the moment - always. If you feel good about the way you look - enjoy the image. Capture it - with pictures. Post them here if you feel comfortable, so others can share your joy. Create a journal, if you feel secure, and record how you are dressed and how you feel. Can you share your beauty with someone else? Can you go out? If so, go somewhere, take a drive, go to a movie. Do something dressed you always wanted to do - if you can. Plan to get dressed again and what to wear. Enjoy your happiness.

CindySTJ
09-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Update please! What did you do? I would have went shopping.

AlexisRaeMoon
09-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Thanks for all the responses, ladies! Sorry to get all existential on ya'll, but that was seriously all I could think of. What now? The problem was that I really didn't have a lot of time left before the family would be home, so despite all your great suggestions, none of those were really options. I almost tried on something else, but just gave up and went back to drab...couldn't risk getting busted.

And this question was working on multiple levels, too. Since I'm not "out" to my family yet, it was just another moment of not being sure how to move forward. Here I am, thrilled to be dressed how I like, but keeping it a secret from those I care about and having to hide all the time. It's really draining. For almost a year I've been trying to work out the courage to talk with my wife about it, and despite all the great advice and encouragement here, I'm still in the same spot. So, ultimately, it was both a case of, literally, what do I do right now, and also what do I do about the larger issue!

Sigh. Maybe someday.

Gaby2
09-26-2012, 04:34 AM
Definitely someday, Arianna!

I'm sitting alone at home now in a favourite dress, underwear, tights and heels.
I've some work to do but I decided to enjoy a cup of mid-morning coffee and check the boards first.
Just being on-forum for an hour and dressed helps me a lot - it gets me used to myself.

Being dressed means a lot to me... there are multiple reasons... CDers could write volumes... we do too!!!
Most of my best friends know about my CDing... that didn't take long after I broke the ice and confided in someone who I knew I could trust.
That was two years ago.
Now, I don't mind who knows... that's incredible really... after well over forty years of hiding in fear and confusion.

I've learnt in the last few years that it doesn't really matter that much what others (even loved ones) think... I let them alone for the most part.
It matters what I think...

And so... here I am... practicing walking in high-heels and a cheeky outfit which would raise a few eyebrows...
I have been out and about... tentatively...
Who knows where this will all lead to...

That's not relevant.
To quote you... I'm doing what I have to do! :)

Gaby:love:

AlexisRaeMoon
09-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks, Gaby. It's wonderful that you can be so comfortable with yourself. I do hope to be there, thanks for the words of encouragement!

Barbara Ella
09-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Arianna, you pose the eternal question that is the same whether dressed or not, at every stage in our life. What should i do? And you second post illustrates that it really goes deeper than just sitting there admiring and feeling comfortable. I too don't like those times when all you can do is get dressed, get the makeup perfect, take some pictures, and then begin deconstructing before the wife gets home, and she knows.... You just can't do anything, and accepting that is difficult and unfulfilling at times.

I look at these as practice runs for that time coming up, who knows when, where I will be able to go out and actually do something once again.

Barbara

Madam Rose
09-26-2012, 11:02 PM
If you feel like this is who you are deep down inside then by all means you should do it. Follow what makes you happy. You seem to be at a crossroads with who you are. I'm not to sure what your asking since some of the girls say go out and have fun. But I feel as if you are confused. I do hope I'm not looking to into it.

Diversity
09-27-2012, 02:31 AM
Depending upon the time of day or evening, you might want to get naked and jump into a nightie! :)
Di