PDA

View Full Version : The web how has it helped

Alexisninsar
09-23-2012, 11:11 AM
I have been sitting here over the past week some what bummed, work & school getting to me, also finical situation is not the best. Looking at clothing online and dreaming, it occurred to me that that the internet is about the best place i can find clothing, it's hard to find nice things within a fifty mile radius in larger sizes. Which got me to thinking about the "Veteran" cross-dressers, pre WWW., and how has the web helped them or changed their lives.

BLUE ORCHID
09-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi Alex, Every morning when I log on there are about six sites with womens clothing waiting for me to open.

~Joanne~
09-23-2012, 11:58 AM
I can relate to that, Being CD before the net was really hard and hence the reason a lot of girls felt so alone in the world. Like we were the only one's out there with this other life style. The internet has made things a lot easier though :) Now we can shop a lot easier, Talk to our sisters and get help and support when needed or just talk in general. In some ways the internet is a curse but in this aspect it has been a blessing.

bridget thronton
09-23-2012, 12:28 PM
The web has helped me to accept myself - I have moved from shopping on line to shopping in person (though shoes seem to be back on line, cannot find leather footwear in my size at my old haunts)

LIKETODRESS2
09-23-2012, 12:29 PM
ITs helped me a ton. I knew there were others out ther like me but i had no way of finding them. By coming to sites like this its helped me so much by just othes answering my questions. And even chat rooms helped me feel better about my self by just being able to sit anbd chat with others that feel the same as I do

Beverley Sims
09-23-2012, 12:44 PM
The web is a great resource for all facets of CD activity.

dallasmann
09-23-2012, 12:55 PM
My mind is allowed to be almost completely free and I've been able to discover others open to these other sides of me and having the opportunity to connect in the RW has been great, even though I'm not able to live in multiple places along the spectrum on an ongoing basis.

All blessing here.

Jenniferathome
09-23-2012, 03:09 PM
The biggest difference from now to the pre-Internet days is that you realize how not alone we actually are. Prior to the Internet one could imagine they were the only crossdresser on the planet.

The second difference is shopping.

Joanne f
09-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Being a member of the 50+ club (what ever happened to that ):D as far as shopping for clothes go I have never bought anything over the net but I like to log on to the different retailers and check to see what they have in to see if it is worth taking a look in-store at something so it has made it a lot easier that way and it does help to know that there are a couple of other people like me out there ( get the feeling there are one or two on here):heehee: and of course it has opened up the vast amount of knowledge you can get at your fingertips without having to search through loads of books plus you can communicate with other people all over the world in a matter of seconds ( so they tell me):heehee: I think it is a bit like the moon landings , you will never know if it is real :daydreaming:

Julogden
09-23-2012, 03:53 PM
While shopping has definitely been revolutionized by the Internet, I'd suggest that the most important aspect of it in relation to us is that it has put us all in instant communication with each other. For the first time, we now have sort of a virtual community all our own, ill-defined though it may be, and no more thinking that we're the only one.

Carol

Tina B.
09-23-2012, 03:56 PM
I no longer believe in th ever 50 club, youngsters don't need it, I've started a going on 70 club. But like Joanne, I don't really shop on line, I browse and might buy from a major dept store on line because of small town limited selection, but given the choice I like to get my hands on it, before I buy. Of course when I started shopping there was no inter web, or self service checkouts.
but I do like the social aspect of it. A place to get know and talk with others about things I don't talk about anywhere else. While my wife accepts me as I am, how could she really understand it, I don't. Here I don't have to try to explain why it's important, everyone already knows.
Tina B.

I Am Paula
09-23-2012, 04:55 PM
As a card carrying over 50 clubber, in the days before internet I thought I was the only non drag queen on heels. It has brought a sense of community. I've never bought anything online, but I sign up for emails everywhere I shop, so I can browse the sales from home. The one downside of it all is now I know I should have/could have transitioned fully years ago.- Celeste

Jamie Christopher
09-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Also at this point, also 50+, I might have transitioned years ago if I knew then what I know now. Hell, I started adoring JC Penney fashions and lingerie in the JC Penney catalog because that's all there was as a youngster. An occasional large black & white Vanity Fair lingerie ad in the Sunday paper was suddenly missing "anyone know where the the local section is ?"..... The Internet has been a real resource of kindred spirit that has helped me with who I am, and why I feel this way.

Jamie

ArleneRaquel
09-23-2012, 05:20 PM
The internet has opened many door for me regard to buying clothes, shoes, cosmetics, and meeting me LGBT friends, including many at this fabulous site.

Lynn Marie
09-23-2012, 05:44 PM
If it wasn't for the WWW, just about all of us would still be so deep in the closet that no one would ever know until we died. Then they'd be wondering about this miserable little pile of women's things hidden away in the attic. Even posting here is a significant step in cracking open the closet door, and the WWW made it all happen for us.

My en femme wardrobe is threatening to break the rod in my closet. Now that's what a closet is for!

27th Jennifer
09-23-2012, 07:03 PM
One word sums up everything, in my opinion: crossdressers.com Without this forum, I would never have known that all of you existed!

Jamie Christopher
09-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Yay! I guess that says it all!

Jamie

Angela Campbell
09-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Before the internet I was the only one in the world. I do not think any of you existed before that...I am glad you all exist now.

Miriam-J
09-23-2012, 09:00 PM
As many have said, it was a time when those of us outside the major cities had no way to know we weren't alone and just a wicked pervert. There was also no means of understanding this compulsion, its various motivations, and its effects. While none of this can explain 'why', we can at least understand how we fit into this spectrum of urges and needs, and gain support from others in our community. All of this is wondrous.

Of course, the on-line shopping is a great bonus.

Miriam