PDA

View Full Version : True or False? LAUGHTER!

Wildaboutheels
09-23-2012, 11:08 PM
"Laughter is the best medicine".

???

How many folks here have NEVER been laughed at for A N Y reason?

docrobbysherry
09-24-2012, 12:17 AM
R u kidding, Wild? I'm listening to sitcoms with laff tracks to prep for Halloween! I was laffed at so much in Vegas I kept looking to be sure I didn't have TP hanging out of my skirt!

Missy
09-24-2012, 12:45 AM
it is the best if you are the one doing it not being laughed at

heatherdress
09-24-2012, 01:04 AM
No one. Everyone endures criticism. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone is teased. Everyone gets embarrassed. Everyone sustains pain. And unfortunately, there are many insensitive people who laugh at, tease, bully and ridicule others.

We are all human, whether we crossdress or not.

Monicamaryjay
09-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Hi Wildaboutheels,
I agree with Heatherdress..I would find it hard to imagine someone who has lived a life without being laughed at .... but I don't think that is what is meant by "good medicine".

I don't find anything medicinal about being the target of teasing, ridiculing, bullying or general insensitivity and I think most people don't want this either.

Being able to laugh with someone, I think, is fun... but laughing at someone is not fun for me, no matter who it is.
Monica

noeleena
09-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Hi,

Well what would you expect im weird so whats new, im looked at & some would wonder. a ooops what have we here,.

I expect it im used to it . iv been embarrised put down . & in front of 80 people at one meeting.
& by three others who would not allow me to try & explain a matter i was trying to get over,
In that i was just kicked to the ground if you like , & all i wonted to do was get out of there as quick as, at that meeting we had 25 people, & it was ment to be a inclusive of all people ..... yea right......,

So yes i know what its like trust me its not nice,

& yet iv been in front of 1000's of people & talked to 100's yet never felt the lest bit bothered & was happy talking to them did not have butterflys at all yet have felt left out of one other meeting of 85 people .

...noeleena...

LilSissyStevie
09-24-2012, 02:14 AM
Any medicine used incorrectly is poison.

makin' it real
09-24-2012, 02:27 AM
My mother laughed at me once. ONCE!

NicoleScott
09-24-2012, 08:40 AM
I forget who it was that said [something like]: I told my friends and family that I wanted to be a comedian, and they all laughed at me. Now I AM a comedian. Nobody's laughing now!

kimdl93
09-24-2012, 09:06 AM
If anyone has laughed at me while I've been out en femme, it was out of visual or auditory range. The only time I managed to elicit something close to a laugh was at the MAC counter - without a wig and kinda half/half attire after a makeover. A tween gigled a little...but it wasn't all that bad...her mom quickly corrected her and gave me a reassuring smile.

Kate Simmons
09-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Makes no never mind to me Hon. If that's what floats someone's boat, then I would tell them to go for it. At the very least, it means they took the time to notice.:)

Wildaboutheels
09-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Just the tiniest bit of READING here or there reveals that there are multitudes of people in the world today - some quite famous - who were teased/riduculed/laughed at and even bullied for years and years and not just in their youth.

Also, a gentle reminder that NO ONE here can read minds. You can wish it all you want. You can't ever know when/if someone is laughing AT you or WITH you.

STACY B
09-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Laughed at ? I can't EVER remember a time that I haven't been laughed at for doing something good or bad ,,, I have been laughed at so many times I just gave up on hiding this trans crap ..Cuz I can wear Camo clothes or Girly stuff an they still laugh ? So I never know if there laughing at me or with me ? But one things for sure there always laughing about something ? So Ha,,,,Ha,,,Ha,,, I laugh with them ,,Cuz guiess what ? I have way more choice in clothes than most people ,,I can shop anywhere but the Skinny Lady Rack !!!

Diversity
09-24-2012, 05:16 PM
TRUE! I laugh every day and have made it a practice to make at least one other person laugh every day. I have done this without fail for over 45 years. Laughter is indeed the best medicine - along side a positive attitude.
Di

retrofitme
09-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Laughter isn't the best medicine. Medicine is the best medicine.