PDA

View Full Version : En Femme All Day - Things I've Learned

outhiking
09-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi. For those who are GG's or full-time transgendered, this might be a "duh" post, but for those who are part-time, her are a few things I've learned dressing daily for the past couple of weeks.

1. Long hair is a pain and it takes a lot of getting used to and constantly needs fixing. I love the feel of it on my shoulders, but I was surprised how much it tends to fall in your face or get into your make-up or eyes. I assume this is true of natural hair as well. No wonder it's so expensive for women to have thier hair done

2. It takes practice to blow your nose without ruining your make-up and wow, do I touch my face a lot. I never realized until I started wearing make-up daily

3. Bras can be fairly comfortable if they are the correct size and fit properly. I've worn mine now for about 7 hours a day without a problem and few strap marks at the end of the day

4. Lipstick is messy and can stain your lips if it is very dark or cheap

5. When you paint your nails, expect to continue cleaning up the "left-over" polish for several days after it's been removed. Little surprises pop up as the nails grow. This may decrease as I get more practice and doesn't seem to noticeable

6. A dab of clear nail polish can stop a run in your hose if you catch it early

Just thought I'd share.

GeminaRenee
09-24-2012, 10:56 AM
I still haven't figured out how to blow my nose with makeup on. Ugh!

kimdl93
09-24-2012, 11:11 AM
When something's unfamiliar, like longer hair, it often feels foreign. Give it a few weeks more and you'll hardly notice your hair.

Kate Simmons
09-24-2012, 11:25 AM
The female "Jedi mind tricks" we learn while en femme are seemingly endless Hon.;):)

~Joanne~
09-24-2012, 11:42 AM
I use a little hair spray on my wig to keep all the hairs from falling into my face. I also use a clear coat, before and after, polishing my nails to make the clean up a bit easier. Catching a run isn't always that easy as I learned yesterday lol

Lynn Marie
09-24-2012, 11:47 AM
I love longer hair wigs, but I absolutely hate hair in my face. I wear a compromise.

I have a touch screen display in my car and when I drive dressed, I get all these foundation colored fingerprints on the display!

Stilleto heels can quickly wear a hole in your car's carpeting right in front of the gas pedal.

I'd rather die than blow my nose en femme!

Persephone
09-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Sounds like you had a fun day!

Yep! The hair wandering around your face is a constant thing. I hate when it grabs on to my lipstick or tickles the side of my nose or trys to get eaten along with my food. But like Kim said, after a while it just becomes automatic to deal with it. Watch any woman with long, loose hair when she's eating and it's two bites, push back the hair, two bites, push ...

You definitely have to learn to keep your hands away from your face! It is amazing how much those of us who began in guy life feel free to touch our faces. It isn't something you do in girl life, as you found out. Hands are tools of makeup destruction.

The Nose Blow Paradigm (sounds like an episode title for "The Big Bang Theory"). It all goes back to classical psychology (think Freud) and sex. Men are expansive creatures who scatter their seed wherever they can. Women are vessels that contain things (like babies). So men trumpet out their bodily substances while women withhold them.

As a lady you are expected to retain your bodily fluids, so instead of honking your nose you sniffle back inward. A cute little sniffle is so ladylike!

If that fails, you dab at your nostrils with your tissues, once again attempting to retain and restrain yourself.

If all else fails, you try your best to quietly expell as little as necessary into your tissue. Any more than that, like some great honking blast, is only for the privacy of your home.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Darline
09-24-2012, 12:12 PM
I ride my bicycle en femme. A trick I found works well for long hair wigs to keep them looking nice after riding is to wrap my hair with a satin scarf while I ride. It looks nice, keeps my hair back and out of my face but doesn't mess up my hair. Also, make-up setters are a life saver :D

Jane G
09-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Sounds like you have had a wonderful few weeks. Long may it continue.:daydreaming:

sandra-leigh
09-24-2012, 01:29 PM
There is a fair range of lengths for long hair for which the hair seems to deliberately target the mouth while you are eating! Especially if you are eating something with stringy cheese...