PDA

View Full Version : dressing for halloween

StaceyXOXOX
09-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Fair warning this might be a long and rambling post.

I've just started to come to terms with my cding side, I've been in the closet for almost 20 years. That's a very long story which I'm sure no one wants to hear all the details. I have not told my wife about this yet and at this point I dont think she would be very acceptive about it. I have been throwing feelers out and they have not come back postively.

Onto the meat of the topic, one of my wife's friends/coworker throw a big halloween party every year which is a big deal for my wife. It's one of the few times a year she really lets her guard down and cuts loose. A few years ago we went as a pimp and his ho. Which was a complete hit at the party. I had on a great pimp outfit, complete with hat and cane, my wife went as the ho and was dressed like a great high dollar one. This year, and to my amazment, I suggested we do the same thing but switch roles, and she said that would be amesome. I'm so giddy about this because for the first time ever someone else will see me "dressed up" and I can still hide my secret for now.

Now my question(s) about this might seem a little strange. As since I've been hiding this side of myself for almost 20 years all I've ever done is wear the clothes, shoes and lipstick. I've never owned a wig or done makeup. My main concern is how far do i get into caracter? I would like to go the whole nine yards. I have a goatee and want to shave it off but my wife hates it when I shave it off. I would also like to shave my legs (for the first time ever) but my wife has already said no on that one. I'm so giddy about the whole thing that I can't stop thinking about it. We have said we weren't going to tell anyone till the party to make it a hit but I've already don't a couple of people just because I can't wait.

So I guess to sum things up, what are some tips you ladies can give me?
How far do I let this thing go without totally outing myself?
What are some ways to cover up facial and leg hair?

oh yeah and I can't wait to buy my dress, my wife is gonna take me shopping for that. even tho she said it would be at goodwill, i still cant wait to get a new dress. She said she is also doing my makeup, thank goodness cause I have no idea how to. and we are going to purchase a wig at a halloween store, I know it wont be the best wig but it's gonna be a first for me so I'm still excited about it.

Sorry for the rambling, hope some of it made sense.

NicoleScott
09-24-2012, 01:12 PM
It seems to me that you would like this dress-up opportunity to get your wife closer to accepting your crossdressing. Be careful, though, because you wife probably just sees this as costuming, not really accepting of your crossdressing.
When I told my wife, I threw out feelers as you did. As she expressed no objections, I slowly and cautiously came out, and she had/still has no problem with it. But I was ready to shut it down at once if I sensed any objections. It worked out pretty well for me. But we have read of others with good, long marriage abruptly ended after coming out. Some women just can't accept a crossdressing husband. So be careful.
But this could be an opportunity for you. By saying something like "I like it" could open the door, depending on her reaction. Bad reaction, say "just kidding". Good reaction, open up a little more.
Some people will tell you that you MUST be open and honest about your crossdressing and good things will happen (based on their own experiences), but they usually don't warn you that your marriage might end if you do.
For the party, have fun with it.

kendra_gurl
09-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Let you wife totally take over your transformation in the Ho for the party. If she really gets into it then she may suggest that you have to shave off the goatee.

As for your legs, By some dancers tights that will not only cover your leg hair but also cover up any padding you may need on your butt and hips.

As long as you allow you wife to be incharge of everything it will make it fun for her yet you will reap all the benifits. It is really odd how people in general (male or female) will resort to doing things they would normally never do when they are trying to be creative for a character.

~Joanne~
09-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Since the goatee will grow back, I suggest you shave it off. There is no real way to cover facial hair other than a mask and you would have to ask DocRobby about it. Now the legs can be done with a couple layers of hose. Start with a flesh color dance type and add your suntan, black or whatever shade you like over it. since your SO said no on the legs but not on the goatee.

If you want to go the whole nine, I would go the whole nine. You never know if this will be your one and only chance or not to do this. one would hope that it isn't but....

I also drop feelers to my GF, sometimes they come back negative (guess pantyhose is as far as she's willing to go) but most of the time there is no opinion what so ever.

RebeccaLynne
09-24-2012, 01:55 PM
I've never owned a wig or done makeup. My main concern is how far do i get into caracter? I would like to go the whole nine yards. I have a goatee and want to shave it off but my wife hates it when I shave it off. I would also like to shave my legs (for the first time ever) but my wife has already said no on that one.

#1. Buy a wig.
#2. Tell your wife your goatee and leg hair will grow back. Do actors (or actresses) refuse to modify their appearance when the role demands it?

How far do I let this thing go without totally outing myself?

C'mon, you're gonna dress en femme... you're outed. :heehee:

What are some ways to cover up facial and leg hair?

You could wear a veil and black tights.

Or, you could bring your wife flowers, take her out for a romantic dinner, make love to her that night, and in the afterglow, tell her you'd really like to get into character for the Halloween festivities... maybe she'll say yes... :)

JenniferR771
09-24-2012, 02:02 PM
And, our local Goodwill and thrift stores sometimes put out all their wigs at once for Halloween--on a big seasonal display. Act fast, as the display is usually up starting now. Sometimes some special hats and dresses plus wedding dresses, too.See my pics in the photo section.

Megan_Renee
09-24-2012, 02:03 PM
STOP! Don't ask us. Talk to your wife. You needn't come clean, just ask her, "So what look are we going for here? Are we doing a serious look, or do you want me to look like a drunken drag-queen prostitute? Should I pickup a pair of heels so I can practice a little before the party so I don't fall flat on my face and end the evening in the ER? Or should I wear other shoes?"

Have fun shopping with her for your outfit, and figure out what she wants your character to be... If she wants it to be droll, roll with it! If she's up for going for realism, then you have your chance to go for the gold! :-)