PDA

View Full Version : Heels and "that" feeling...

Megan_Renee
09-24-2012, 01:47 PM
So I recently bought a pair of 5" heels that I hope to wear for Halloween... We'll see if I decide to go through with THAT decision... Might just go with another pair of lesser heels, although that would be a shame.

ANYWAY, I've been practicing with them at every possible opportunity. The reviews I read said that these shoes needed to be broken in, and I've never had heels this high, so practice makes perfect!

When I take them off, however, something feels wrong. When I put them on, I don't feel wrong, it's just putting on another pair of shoes. When I take them off, I feel odd, like something is missing. I figure it's just sadness at needing to take them off, or maybe my muscles are adjusting to them, but still.

Do any of you feel the same way when you take your heels off? Like something isn't quite right anymore?

Stephanie Miller
09-24-2012, 02:09 PM
When you take them off .... femininity is missing. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just what seems to happen. Watch women at the shoe store, I watch my wife, daughters etc. when they put on heels.
The hands automaticly move to a more outward feminine position, steps are more calculated, the body moves with more sway. It just... happens.
It's natural to me when I put them on. I take them off and automaticly go into neanderthal walking mode.

~Joanne~
09-24-2012, 02:24 PM
I feel the same way as you megan. something certainly becomes missing/wrong. Hells and pantyhose are what brings it together for me, take either away and I might as well stay in drab.

kimdl93
09-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Not really. Shoes are shoes. I like the way my legs look when I'mwearing heels, but I feel no emotional attachment to them.

Megan_Renee
09-24-2012, 02:52 PM
It's not an emotional feeling so much as a physical one. Obviously very difficult to explain...

StephineUK
09-24-2012, 03:02 PM
heels are a essential part of the outfit and i love them , just dont love the pain when/after dancing on a nite out... i really know now how some GG's feel after doing that.

Lynn Marie
09-24-2012, 03:17 PM
When I come home from an evening out, naturally I get undressed. Everything is fine until the second to the last thing which are my heels. There is a stepping down sensation as the Achilles tendon starts to stretch and my feet go flat on the floor for the first time hours. It's sort of like stepping down off a higher place back to the ordinary. At that point, all that is left is pull off stockings, and go washup for bed.

Emily Barton
09-24-2012, 03:22 PM
It's probably just that the muscles in your feet were used to the heels so it feels strange once they're no longer there. I've experienced a similar thing when wearing flippers in the swimming pool - after half an hour of flying through the lengths it feels very strange when you take them off!

STACY B
09-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Heels are the Ultimate Taboo ,,, That's what the whole deal is ,,,Not anything else ,,There is No way you could exsplain them away ,, Stocking ,,,You can hide them ,,Makeup ,,,Bad birth mark ,,, Girl jean's ,,,To hard to be sure ,,Girl top ,,,Maybe a Gypsy ,,, Long hair ,,Rock Star ,, Painted nails ,,Alot of guys do it ,,, Jewelry ,,, Most people wear it ,,, Capri's Long shorts ,,, Girls tennis shoes ,,, Got um on clearance ,,, Girl socks laundry day ,, Bra hidden back brace ,,, Skirt ,, Scottish Kilt ,, Heels,,,, No way ,,, Not Hooker heels ,,Maybe some Clogs with two inch an hide them under your jeans ,, But shore nuff Heels ,,,, Ultimate Female Statement ,, Just wear the alot an don't take them off around me cuz I love them but can't wear them without looking like a Dam fool !! To bad too !!!

Tabitha Storm
09-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I know what you mean, it is odd being flat footed after having on the heels. I am tall but I love me some heels!

Misty52
09-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Just love wearing heels, but 5" is just to tall for my feet (toes). But I do have a few 4" heel I love to wear and the sound that heels make...wow...cold chills up my spine. I try to wear them as much as I can...cant wear them to work (male mode).

Stephanie47
09-24-2012, 05:28 PM
I think, if it is a physical sensation, you are experiencing the effects of standing different and walking differently. Heck, my feet different when I change from male dress shoes to athletic shoes, let alone a pair of my old combat boots with steel toes and steel sole plate-need those to protect against punji sticks! :)

AlanaG
09-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Add me to the high heel lover group. I just melt when I see a good looking woman in high heels. And wearing them totally gives me that feminine feeling.

RenneB
09-24-2012, 06:59 PM
I get it too girl. As a dedicated member of the 4" heels club I can't wait to get 'dressed' in the moring. I'll wear the heels pretty much most of the day. Shopping and walking takes a bit longer as my strides are shorter, but sure makes the hips wiggle. I also have a pair of 5" heels that I pretty much wear just around the house. Now those take a long while to get used to.

At the end of the day, when I'm packing it all up, I really get a let down when the heels come off. It takes a minute for the body to readjust to the decreased altitude but all good things must come to an end. And at the end of the day, I must say, like most GGs, it feels good to get the heels off....

Renne.....

Megan_Renee
09-24-2012, 07:09 PM
You know, I can get away with not wiggling in the 4" heels, but I fall sideways if I try to not wiggle with the 5" heels! I discovered that yesterday after my SO said I was not bending my knees while I was walking... I started bending my knees and realized that I seriously needed to sway my hips to keep going!

And RenneB -- I totally know what you mean about taking them off, it does feel good on my feet to get them off!

KatieTaylor
09-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I love wearing high heels. The longer i've worn them, the harder it is when I take them off. I also feel like i'm walking funny when i've taken them off until i've adjusted to being shorter again!
Katie Taylor x

CindySTJ
09-25-2012, 10:39 PM
I am getting to the point that I hate even driving without heels on!!

heatherdress
09-25-2012, 10:51 PM
I fully enjoy wearing my heels. I love the way they look, feel, sound.

Beverley Sims
09-26-2012, 09:48 AM
I think we have all felt like you do.
Four inches should be comfortable for Halloween if you are practicing with five inch heels.
Remember they need to last all night and not feel like a pair of stilts.
Look at women tottering in high heels and see the image they portray. :)

Lady Slipper
09-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Aww man, I have soooo gotta get me some heels!

Megan_Renee
09-26-2012, 02:04 PM
I think we have all felt like you do.
Four inches should be comfortable for Halloween if you are practicing with five inch heels.
Remember they need to last all night and not feel like a pair of stilts.
Look at women tottering in high heels and see the image they portray. :)

Yeah totally! I'm planning on taking my 5" heels and switching to a pair of 4" when I'm done with them... It's Halloween so I can be goofy like that! :-)

Amy Milnet
10-09-2012, 08:25 PM
5" that is high I do not know if I could walk in them but the practice would be fun.

Mickitv
10-09-2012, 08:33 PM
I believe you should wear what makes you comfortable. If 5 inch heels are it OK with me but I would want to be comfortable all night so I would wear something lower but still maintain my femininity.

I Am Paula
10-09-2012, 08:37 PM
If you're planning a long night out, or a marathon shopping trip, throw another pair of shoes in the car, or carry Dr. Scholls Fast Flats. (avail. at drugstores). Can save your evening. Never wear new shoes to a party.