PDA

View Full Version : Finally came out to my best friend, and other things!

Fordgurl
09-24-2012, 06:39 PM
I know I rarely post on here but to me this was a double-event worthy of a lengthy post for me. Over the weekend I worked my way up to telling my best friend of over 20 years that I crossdress. I always was reluctant to tell him despite trusting him very much, as he always gave me the vibe of being extremely homophobic, and stereotypically closed-minded in general. But I was met with surprise and great joy in finding out that he was absolutely accepting and even very interested. I showed him a fair bit of my wardrobe (which was a first) and even then he didn't seem at all bothered. He shared a long ago personal secret about himself as well. (which most people I tell seem to blurt something shameful). I don't know if they do it to comfort me or because they feel the need to get it off their minds, or whatever. Either way it was an insanely stress-relieving experience to know that my best friend can still be my best friend. Hopefully things will work out well!

On another note, feeling somewhat confident, the next night I was having some (many) drinks with a newer but very dear female friend of mine, who already knew plenty about me and that I crossdress. After much talking and contemplating I finally found the courage to show her some of my clothes and eventually decided to dress in front of her. It was possibly the most terrifying moment of my life haha. I hesitated when I came back in the room but I did it. It quickly became a feeling of 'feeling right'. I always feel right when I do it alone but have been extremely afraid of actually showing anyone. It was late in the morning and I passed out still dressed. When we woke up I thought I might feel awkward or panic but I still felt great about the whole thing. I'm not sure when it may happen again, it still makes me nervous but yet I can't wait to do it again.

Anyway, this weekend has been a possibly life changing time for me, I hope for the better, I feel empowered and nearly stress-free for once. I am always a pessimist so for me this was a complete upper. I am now able to live a bit more freely as I just moved out of my parent's house into my own. I can spend so much time dressed and do what I want. I have a very private location so I can even go outside in my yard unseen. Maybe my life is coming slightly together for once. It is all happening so fast that it scares me but it feels great to have some freedom.

Wildaboutheels
09-24-2012, 06:54 PM
That's great that you were able to tell your best friend who [so far] seems to be sooooooo accepting.

However dressing, or doing ANYTHING in front of someone because you were possibly [probably] drunk as a skunk, seems like a very slippery slope to me. Liquid courage is just a very bad thing I think but I don't drink at all so what do I know.

Pexetta
09-24-2012, 07:16 PM
That is extremely positive - and like I think WAH is suggesting, it'll be even more positive if you do the same, and feel the same way without a load on board.

Cynthia Anne
09-24-2012, 07:17 PM
I found your story to be very interesting and hopefully promiseing! That liquid courage can make you or break you! I know that only too well! For you it sounds great! Lets hope it stays that way! Hugs!

franlee
09-24-2012, 11:07 PM
I can't imagine telling my best friend, just wouldn't work. He is a lot on the bigoted and bigmouth side. Even though he is smart enough to know better he would never admit that CD and Homosexuality are not interlaced at all. That is exactly what he would think and never change his attitude. But my real best friend does know and supports me, so I'm married to her. I wish everyone could have a sucess story like yours to share, you have a true friend.

Marissa
09-29-2012, 11:50 PM
In reference to telling the best friend part, I know the feeling..its a such a big step and so much uncertainty. I came out to mine at a local watering hole and it was so great.. nothing changed, even though I have not showed myself dressed other than pictures or any of my clothes.

We still act like a couple of guys...but maybe someday I will show him in person..

Thank you for sharing the experience and hope life keeps treating you well..

Hugs,
Marissa

Celeste
09-30-2012, 07:09 AM
I'm so happy it went cool for you.I did try this with a high school buddy as well,he was cool with it but squirmed a bit at first.I showed him my pics as well...Now I was drunk and I shouldn't have told this particular guy because of his "loose lips" history. Unfortunately he passed away in his sleep a few months after I told him.Of course now its killing me wondering if he kept my secret or not.

Mollyanne
09-30-2012, 07:16 AM
Good for you!!!!! Isn't it a GREAT feeling to be free of a stressful situation????? One thing though, moderate the drinking a little.

Molly

Jenny Doolittle
09-30-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm so happy it went cool for you.I did try this with a high school buddy as well,he was cool with it but squirmed a bit at first.I showed him my pics as well...Now I was drunk and I shouldn't have told this particular guy because of his "loose lips" history. Unfortunately he passed away in his sleep a few months after I told him.Of course now its killing me wondering if he kept my secret or not.

Hey Celeste,

I have told a few close friends and family, and the one thing that I felt good about was that I am no longer keeping a secret. I think that is why I told them, because I no longer want to live in a bubble. The idea of still maintaing a secret is past and I felt as though I rejoicing in moving forward, being more honest to myself and others close to me.

Beverley Sims
09-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Some on came out to me once, showing me their wardrobe and an engagement ring into the bargain.
Because I showed interest and my girlfriend at the time thought it would be a good idea to see how good I would look.
After the slightest encouragement I was quickly dressed and ready to go out with the other girls.
I did not know the person that came out to me personally at the time either.
We later became the best of girlfriends and I was a bridesmaid at her mock wedding.
I still had my girlfriend though.

DonniDarkness
09-30-2012, 09:38 AM
I came out to my close friend of 15+ years, i was really scared he'd toss me to the curb.....but just like you said in your post....he shared something with me that no-one knew about himself.... The great thing is we both have someone we trust that we can talk to about subjects we really dont talk to other people about.

-Donni-