PDA

View Full Version : The complete experience of being out as a woman

steffie39
09-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Hi girls,

Going out and about as a woman is nice but now that I got a lot of the store credit cards in my femme name (like Victoria Secret, Macy's, Dillard's and others), this completes the experience.

I can pay and the cashier can see an actual femme name (for those that handle the card). However the last great thing is that with Dillard's and Macy's store cards I was also able to also get a separate American Express credit card with Steffie's name on it. So now when I am in other places like a restaurant, I can pay and they see the name Steffie. I then sign the slip with my femme name. That's a nice feeling. :)

In fact over the weekend when I bought some make-up and paid with the one card, the sales lady, as I was walking out the store, cheerfully said: "Thank you Ms. Michaels." or something to that effect. That was very nice to hear and to be addressed by my femme name. :)

I also have the American Express cards in my male name and carry those in my purse just in case anyone ever asks Steffie for I.D. but so far no one ever has. If they ever do then I can just show them the card along with my drivers license and explain that they allowed me to add another user (Steffie) on the card. When I added the name over the phone, I always just said that is my name when en-femme and all the places said that was fine.

Steffie

sissystephanie
09-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Steffie, you have gone much further than I!! I have been CD'ing for over 60 years, but have never had a credit card in my femme name, which also happens to be Stephanie. But I really don't care, since i have no desire to be a woman. I do love to dress and look like a female, but do not want to be one. My late wife knew that I was a CD when we married! She accepted me "as is," because I told her that I would always be her MAN, no matter what I was wearing. And I was!! Oh yes, I could never be Stephanie on the telephone. My voice is very distinctivly masculine and I cannot change it at all!

BLUE ORCHID
09-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Hi Steffie, It really sounds like that you are living the dream.

Cynthia Anne
09-24-2012, 09:19 PM
When I was younger I had a few cards in my fem name! It really added to going shopping! Now a days I pay only cash!

Sheren Kelly
09-24-2012, 09:30 PM
I only have 1 credit card (and it is in my guy name). I was in drab at MAC returning something this weekend and when the woman at the counter credited my card, she then looked at my account info on her screen and exclaimed "oh, its you Kelly!"
Initially I felt awkward, but then I felt totally accepted.

kimdl93
09-25-2012, 11:08 AM
I guess I'm fortunate because my credit and debit cards carry my given name " Kim"