PDA

View Full Version : Really nice drive, but what if stopped

JamieQ
09-24-2012, 08:22 PM
I came home from college today a bit tired, but I decided that I would go for a drive out to our property to check the cows. I drove in a denim miniskirt, Tshirt ankle socks, tennis shoes, and of course the proper female attire underneath. I did have on a rather large pair of trousers that I pulled off once out of town a few miles (did have to get past daughter and neighbour).

I always wondered what would happen if ever stopped by the law. Then I checked to make sure I had my wallet and I could not find it! Wow, that would be really nice way to be stopped, huh? Upon getting home, there is was, right where I must have left it. I am thinking of bringing my Pyschriatic nursing textbook and a bogus assignment on a Cding experience with me next time, just in case I need to explain something. BTW, CDing was removed from the list of paraphilias several years ago.

Other than that it was a very nice experience and it just felt so right. I think I am going to drive that way my hour drive to school and the hour drive back. Anyone stopped by the law when dressed enfemme and what happened?:) Amanda

STACY B
09-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Remember those dayz ,,, Way to much thinking an worrying for this ol fat girl ,,, I forget I am dressed now ,,, You will get used to it give it time ,,, One day it will so normal it will be scary !!

Stephenie S
09-24-2012, 08:47 PM
If you are stopped by the law, they will ONLY be concerned about your violation, not your dress. Who gives a darn what you are wearing?

S

JamieQ
09-24-2012, 08:52 PM
True, but this is a real small redneck community... I see your point through. I am sure I would not be the first CDer stopped.

Cynthia Anne
09-24-2012, 08:56 PM
I've been stopped quite a few times while dressed! Never had a real problem! Just answer the questions and be nice about it!

Ceri Anne
09-25-2012, 10:23 AM
I was pulled over for speeding just about a month ago in a small red neck town in southern Missouri. I had no problem with being dressed......other than terrified. The officers were very professional. I had a one drink about 2 hours before and the officer smelled alcohol on my breath so I had to do the dwi thing. My knees were shaking (again terrified being caught dressed) but I passed and was sent on my way. Personally I think he liked my sexy legs and school girl skirt......lol.

The downside.......I purged after that, BIG MISTAKE! but have gotten over it and know if it happens again, I won't be so terrified.

nicolecdgal
09-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Well...this is one of my favorite questions. I am a Police Officer. I cannot speak for 100% of us...but I will tell you that we are trained and have policy in place for just about everything we do. If we violate policy...we can be fired. Losing our jobs is not an option...no matter what their personal opinions are of crossdressers/TG community, you can expect to be treated with respect....especially in this day and age. Just make sure you are polite and have your driver's license, insurance and registration in your car and convenient at all times. I drive around all the time en femme (avoid the city I work in for obvious reasons) and I have no fear of getting pulled over.

Jenny Doolittle
09-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Amanda,

I am a retired police officer, and speaking from true experiences, it is not about what you wear, but what your actions were that gave the probable cause to stop you. As a professional, it is not how you dress that is the issue, but your actions. I can only hope that all officers are as professional as I was on duty.

~Joanne~
09-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Well...this is one of my favorite questions. I am a Police Officer. I cannot speak for 100% of us...but I will tell you that we are trained and have policy in place for just about everything we do. If we violate policy...we can be fired. Losing our jobs is not an option...no matter what their personal opinions are of crossdressers/TG community, you can expect to be treated with respect....especially in this day and age. Just make sure you are polite and have your driver's license, insurance and registration in your car and convenient at all times. I drive around all the time en femme (avoid the city I work in for obvious reasons) and I have no fear of getting pulled over.

It's always amazing to me that we, as CD's, have girls from every walk of life within our community :) This after all, has to be the best answer to the OP's question :) I like to drive but it's usually just inhose and a new pair of heels I probably just bought. I have never been worried about people being able to see my feet but I have always been scared of being pulled over.

Erica2Sweet
09-25-2012, 11:22 AM
...Anyone stopped by the law when dressed enfemme and what happened?:)...

I've had two incidences with LE while presenting in female mode.

Once my wife and I (before we were married) were stopped for a blown license plate light on the way back from a night out. She was driving. It was either a small town Marshall or Sheriff's deputy who stopped us, and he of course asked both of us for ID. Once he saw mine, he switched from calling me "ma'am" to "sir" which was irritating. But other than that, it was routine and relatively painless.

The other incident involved our car being vandalized on Halloween night a couple years ago. Some damage was done during a break-in to try to get our GPS, so we had to drive the car to the police station to fill out a report. So, basically my wife and I, with me again presenting as female, had to go into the police station and fill out a full report. Fun. But the dispatcher who ended up taking our report was very pleasant and a genuinely friendly lady. She made me feel at ease.

Its my understanding many LE officers have to participate in sensitivity training in dealing with folks on the job that don't appear to be following conventional gender norms. That's definitely a good thing.

Ressie
09-25-2012, 11:31 AM

This will be a new fantasy for me; getting pulled over by a crossdressing cop!

DonnaT
09-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Remain calm as possible, and give only truthful answers, especially when asked your name.

Tracii G
09-25-2012, 11:53 AM
A few months back I was out enfemme make up and all.I'm a mix of male and femme everyday.
An accident happened right in front of me so I had to lock the brakes and make a quick lane change to avoid the debris in the road.
I came to a stop in the emergency lane.
A policeman was about a 1/4 mile behind me when the accident happened.
I got out of my SUV to see if everyone was OK and they were and thanked me for stopping.
I went back to my SUV to call the police and he pulled in behind me.
He got out and said no need Miss I called it in thank you for stopping to check on the people.
I said no problem the guy that hit them took off and I have their license number and can ID the vehicle.
He told me to wait in my car so I did.
About 15 min later he asked me to get out of my car and sit in his cruiser and give him the hit and run vehicle info. I did and he was very professional.
He asked for my license and gave a double take and said "a commercial truck driver I see know wonder you had a steady hand to miss all the debris in the road".
He thanked me again for the info and for being a good citizen and caring about the people in the car that was hit.
I said thank you and he said have a nice day Miss with a warm smile.

Angela Campbell
09-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Just be polite and say to him....."you're not going to look in the trunk are you?"

Stephanie47
09-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I can understand the angst of being stopped by a police officer. When out en femme I take every precaution so I will not be stopped. I check my lights, all of them-headlights, brake lights, turn signals. I make sure my gas tank will not go to empty. I also carry a man bag in case my car does breakdown. I also carry my male shoes so, if I ever had to walk a DUI line, I'm not in heels. I also make sure I NEVER have had even one drink. Am I paranoid? No. I just want to minimize any embarrassment.

I appreciate all the police officers who do act professionally. But, there is always the exception to the rule.

Tracii G
09-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Never drink and drive just remember that.

laurieg
09-25-2012, 01:28 PM
I have been stop twice once for a tail light and speeding never any problem they gave me a ticket for speeding but not for the headlight just light jenny doolittle says if there professional there is no problem

cyndigurl45
09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
I too am a Deputy in small redneckville Mississippi USA the best advice I can give is don't lie, hand over YOUR DL and other stuff and it's not an issue, lie to me and you will have a booking picture and sheet enfemme, sounds harsh but like others have said we have rules, if you break a rule and try to cover it up with a lie well then your bad......

arbon
09-25-2012, 03:50 PM
If you get pulled over don't make an issue out of how you are dressed or try to make excuses (their not going to believe you)

RitaJanelle1964
09-25-2012, 08:29 PM
I've been pulled over twice while dressed for speeding tickets, and it's really not that big a deal. The worst thing you can do is panic. If you haven't done anything wrong other than a traffic violation, then remain calm. Chances are you won't have any collateral damage, apart from feeling a bit embarrassed.

Another suggestion if you go out driving while dressed: Any time I venture out dressed en femme, I always take a change of guy/drab clothes, along with make-up/mascara remover with me in case of an emergency, like car trouble, flat tire or even an accident or anything unexpected like severe weather, etc.. While it might not be practical (or even safe) to change your clothes right away if you have roadside issues, it's not a bad idea to have spare clothes in case you have to rely on a friend or family member to give you a ride home if your car is disabled.

JamieQ
09-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Okay... I guess it all makes sense. I try to keep all lights, etc. working and let a majority of vehicles pass me even though I might also be speeding a bit.

I guess I am worried more about WHO would stop me since I know most by first name from my past work in the court system comprising quite a few neighbouring counties and from the local ER when they bring DUI offenders in. I live in real small town redneck USA, but everything has its price/risk.:)

JamieQ
09-25-2012, 08:31 PM
I've been pulled over twice while dressed for speeding tickets, and it's really not that big a deal. The worst thing you can do is panic. If you haven't done anything wrong other than a traffic violation, then remain calm. Chances are you won't have any collateral damage, apart from feeling a bit embarrassed.

Another suggestion if you go out driving while dressed: Any time I venture out dressed en femme, I always take a change of guy/drab clothes, along with make-up/mascara remover with me in case of an emergency, like car trouble, flat tire or even an accident or anything unexpected like severe weather, etc.. While it might not be practical (or even safe) to change your clothes right away if you have roadside issues, it's not a bad idea to have spare clothes in case you have to rely on a friend or family member to give you a ride home if your car is disabled.
Oh yeah... I definitely have a change of clothes...in case of...

RitaJanelle1964
09-25-2012, 09:24 PM
One other suggestion: Avoid wearing heels when you drive. Not so much because it affects your driving, but because it's so darn easy to break your heels!

Desiree2bababe
09-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Got the blue lights when I was younger and tried to pull on my jeans before he got there but to no avail, very bad idea to begin with. Have been pulled several times since and just relaxed and acted normal. Nothing happened two of the three times but one time the officer called in all his buddies including the captain and I got chastized for being dressed that way and told not to drive anymore that night. They went on about how "hard" of a time I would have in jail. In retrospect, I believe they were just being cruel as they couldn't charge me with anything. I ended up getting a ride home from a beautiful Vietnamese girl who worked at the convenience store where I was pulled. She was gorgeous and we talked about dressing and how it was in her country. She told me I'd be in jail in her country just for dressing (this was back in the 90's) I wish I'd gotten her number as she felt so at ease with me and was drop dead gorgeous.

Beverley Sims
09-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Drive through a stop sign dressed as a girl?
You will be booked or cautioned for driving through a stop sign.
They won't care about your pretty dress as long as it is not too revealing. :)

Miriam-J
09-26-2012, 08:30 PM
I remember reading a story in the news a few years ago about an incident in a central Indiana small city. Local police spotted an unknown female driving the familiar vehicle of one of the school's assistant coaches. Upon being spotted, the female took the police on a long high speed chase. When finally apprehended, the police learned that the driver was the crossdressed coach. He/she had been so worried about the police, some of whom he knew personally, that panic of discovery took over. What might have been a routine stop and, perhaps, minor embarassment turned into a major offense that made it into all the newspapers in that town and beyond.

As our police friends have urged us in this thread, trust them to be professional. The consequences are far worse otherwise.

Miriam

Jamie Christopher
09-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Like the law enforcement officers have said, just remain normal. There are not any "impersonating a female" laws on the books that makes driving (or, read existing) presenting as a female against the law, with the exception of using a female restroom as a male. Hope this helps,

Jamie

Roberta Marie
09-26-2012, 11:00 PM
My first encounter with law enforcement was when I was fully dressed and there was an accident in front of me. I stopped to help, and had no issues with the officer that I talked to.
My second encounter with law enforcement was when I was in a skirt, print top, pink flipflops, but no wig or makeup. A young girl ran a red light and hit the car I was driving, at the busiest intersection in the town where I worked for 26 years as a firefighter/paramedic, right around the corner from the fire station. The cop that responded had hired on since I had retired and I did not know him, and there has been no fallout from the incicent.
My third encounter with law enforsement was while fully dressed on a road that I was unfamiliar with in a national park. I was doing 35 in a 25 zone and got stopped by a ranger. I got off with a warning, and no other issues.
My most recent encounter with law enforcement was at a street party in Cleveland called Dancin' in the Street, which is a fund raiser for the local AIDS Taskforce. A car ran through the barracade and hit 5 people. I rendered aid to one of them until EMS arrived. Afterwards, a cop gave me some hand cleaner to get the blood off my hands, never saying anything about how I was dressed.

BLUE ORCHID
09-27-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi Amanda, Life's to short to worry about little things.

JamieQ
09-27-2012, 08:24 AM
You are right... I am not worriyng about it much more. Matter of fact I am increasingly getting further and further away from my car in walking public places too. Can not hardly wait for a real cold day, tights, miniskirt, fuzzy boots Amanda and all bundled up walking the public trails at the parks. I am really finding myself... Amanda