PDA

View Full Version : Luck is on my side

Jess Marie
09-24-2012, 09:09 PM
I have been away from here for awhile because of some personal issues and paying off those darn school loans, but I am back now.

I do have the funniest story to tell. My brother just got promoted from county Jailor to being a patrolman, in our County Sheriffs Dept.

I was out for a drive about a month ago and I got pulled over... Uh Oh!

I paniced but the Sheriff was very understanding and let me be on my way (I am a mechanic, so I was able to quickly fix my light connection to avoid a ticket). Anyway, so the Sheriff was more curious than anything and was asking me questions about it, not suggesting I was doing something wrong, but more like just general conversation. He probably didn't want to make it awkward. So, as he is walking away, I said, "I know you are going to tell people about this, please just don't say my name to anyone. You have no clue how much this could hurt my reputation around here." Little did he know, he would later tell this story to my brother.

Fast forward to yesterday. My brother and his wife (who caught me wearing panties by accident) were over for our weekly bbq. We got to talking and we always ask my brother the best stories of the week. Well, I'll be darned if my story didn't come up in conversation. Apparently, the cop who pulled me over spoke very well of me, yet never revealed my name. I dodged a bullet on that one.

I figured I would kick off my return with a boom. I plan on not getting caught next time I decide to go out for a joy ride.

Persephone
09-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Whoa! That was close!

Sounds like you handled it really well!

Hugs,
Persephone.

BLUE ORCHID
09-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi Jess, You are lucky that it wasn't your brother that pulled you over now arn't you.

Cynthia Anne
09-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Great little story! Glad it went well for you! But watch that rear veiw mirror! The next time you see lights in it may be your brother!!!!!!!!!!!!