PDA

View Full Version : Gay Club for Halloween

AllisontheGoddess
09-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Hey guys, I was thinkin about going to the gay club for Halloween but tbh I've never even been to the gay club.:straightface::straightface::straightface:
I'm not gay or anything I just want somewhere to go where I can show off my costume and not be judged while at the same time have a good time. My main question is ----How are they(the gay clubs)? Are they any fun? And are they receptive to crossdressers?:straightface:?

JaytoJillian
09-25-2012, 03:25 AM
Hi, Allison. I'm not sure how close you are to DC, but if you are, I would suggest hitting Ziegfields, where every night is Halloween, LoL. If you are in the Baltimore area, try the Hippo. If you're close to neither, do your homework on the establishments in your area--go online or call. Chances are there will be one or two that hosts a drag show at least one night of the week---You can bet that you'll be fine at any bar/club that does. Note: Because a bar/club is gay, there is no assurance it'll be tg friendly. Just do your homework, but hey it is Halloween we are talking about. Generally, the theory of "anything goes" will apply regarding your choice of clothing that night

Cynthia Anne
09-25-2012, 03:43 AM
I agree with Jillian! Just go out and have some fun!

STACY B
09-25-2012, 05:32 AM
Are you Nuts ? You better stay away from there ,,,Don't waste your time there ,,Hell you can go there anytime ! Go somewhere you CAN'T always go on Halloween ,,, It's FREE PASS night ! Don't ya get it ,,No one can say anything ,,It's an um- Writtin Rule All people get a free pass ,,, Go to the Mall ,,, Resturant,,, Club,,Bar,, Yo Mamma's house ,,Your house an hand out candy ,, Walk around anywhere anytime ,,The weekend before an that day an the weekend after . Ask anyone on this site they will tell ya ,, Gay bar is fine ,,But you get away with dressing there all year long there family there ! It's the time of year when no one can judge you for this . Yull be sorry . Think about your favorite thing that you always wanted an do it . Don't look at it like the other people ,,,, (Halloween) Look at it as a Tgirl ,,Go to the mall an show up at the Mac counter ,,,Great ice breaker ,, Make friends with the girl's an then later in the year you won't feel weard ,,You already know them . Go but clothes or shoes ,,,Try them on in the store right in front of the other people (Halloween ) Remember ,,, Do what ever ,,Forget about ghost& goblins use it for our little Habit ,,,To your advantage !! JUST SAYING

Melissa Rose
09-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Note: Because a bar/club is gay, there is no assurance it'll be tg friendly. Just do your homework, but hey it is Halloween we are talking about.
Definitely! It is a faulty assumption that all gay clubs are TG friendly and non-judgemental. Some of the most biting putdowns and sarcastic comments I have heard or overheard have come in gay bars and clubs. If you want to receive a series of stink eye stares, walk en femme into some predominantly lesbian bars. The "straight" community does not have an exclusive membership of all of the jerks, assholes and bitches. Each place has a vibe, and it is more about the people you meet. Being Halloween, it is a free pass and most places are going to be very receptive so get out and enjoy yourself.

Chickhe
09-25-2012, 10:27 AM
We stopped at one the last time we went out on halloween and the place was empty all night and when people did start showing up more than 50% were not wearing costumes. They also advertised a drag show that never happened and drinks were advertised to be cheap, but were not. The people were friendly enough, but the atmosphere was dull. If you do such a thing, make sure the club has a history of great parties. We left and went to a regular bar where we were shouder to shoulder with other people and had a lot of fun. Nobody cares how you dress...just smile and laugh at any jokes and you'll do fine. Remember though, people will react to your "costume" so its wise to think of it as a costume too...

rita63
09-25-2012, 10:36 AM
I have been thinking about going out to one. Would be my first time out in a skirt. But now that i don't drink and I would need a ride there and home. But it would be a thrill maybe dance with a man... Oh I don't know.

hugs rita

sabrinaedwards
09-25-2012, 03:16 PM
I was in Phoenix and had taken my avatar clothing with me. As is my routine, I search out fringe tabloids which advertise clubs not listed in mainstream publications. There was a listing for a lesbian club and I telephoned prior to going there. I asked if they would have any issue with a CDing male going to their club. I told the owner that I would identify myself to her when I came in. Well, I had a great time with other patrons and the staff there. I will say I was the most fashionably dressed.

Lorileah
09-25-2012, 03:52 PM
:rofl: not being judged at a gay club :rofl: Its Halloween, people will be wearing things that make you look like Cinderella...which could be a good thing

Millie
09-25-2012, 05:11 PM
I go to the Hippo in Baltimore. I've never been stared down or been judged. Always have a good time there both en femme and my male self. Would love to find some gurls like me and go as a small group. Surely a nice place.

luscious
09-25-2012, 05:20 PM
GO TO A CROSSDRESSER CLUB OR TS CLUB

there has to be some in your area.

or go to a drag show,ball or pageant ,those are fun to look at when the show starts.

FIND SOMETHING IN YOUR AREA
http://www.meetup.com/

Hey guys, I was thinkin about going to the gay club for Halloween but tbh I've never even been to the gay club.:straightface::straightface::straightface:
I'm not gay or anything I just want somewhere to go where I can show off my costume and not be judged while at the same time have a good time. My main question is ----How are they(the gay clubs)? Are they any fun? And are they receptive to crossdressers?:straightface:?

ZoiePalmer
09-30-2012, 09:53 AM
I wish there where some here id love to go

docrobbysherry
09-30-2012, 10:14 AM
I believe Stacy's got it rite! If u wish to go out dressed as a woman on Halloween or any other nite, find a gay/alternative club. If u wish to go out on Halloween dressed as a woman in a COSTUME, u can go pretty much ANYWHERE!
I have and plan to again, anyway!

Are you Nuts ? You better stay away from there ,,,Don't waste your time there ,,Hell you can go there anytime ! Go somewhere you CAN'T always go on Halloween ,,, It's FREE PASS night ! Don't ya get it ,,No one can say anything ,,It's an um- Writtin Rule All people get a free pass ,,, Go to the Mall ,,, Resturant,,, Club,,Bar,, Yo Mamma's house ,,Your house an hand out candy ,, Walk around anywhere anytime ,,The weekend before an that day an the weekend after . Ask anyone on this site they will tell ya ,, Gay bar is fine ,,But you get away with dressing there all year long there family there ! It's the time of year when no one can judge you for this . Yull be sorry . Think about your favorite thing that you always wanted an do it . Don't look at it like the other people ,,,, (Halloween) Look at it as a Tgirl ,,Go to the mall an show up at the Mac counter ,,,Great ice breaker ,, Make friends with the girl's an then later in the year you won't feel weard ,,You already know them . Go but clothes or shoes ,,,Try them on in the store right in front of the other people (Halloween ) Remember ,,, Do what ever ,,Forget about ghost& goblins use it for our little Habit ,,,To your advantage !! JUST SAYING

Jorja
09-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Your phone is your friend here. Call ahead and find out if the club is CD/TG/TS friendly. If so, have at it and expect to have fun. I also agree Halloween is a free ticket to go where you always wanted to go but were afraid too. Have fun.

Beverley Sims
09-30-2012, 11:16 AM
For Halloween you do not need to go to recognizes gay/cd haunts.
Most places are halloween friendly.

StarrOfDelite
09-30-2012, 01:01 PM
I concur with the people who say that just because a bar is Gay oriented, don't automatically assume it is Transgender friendly. My recommendation is to visit the bar, buy yourself a beer, see what the place is like, and chat-up the bar tender to inqure whether the place is TG friendly. Some Gay bars are very happening places, with floor shows and live music, and some are just dark caverns where people go to drink and they play recorded techno-rock at 110 decibels on the speakers. And, don't necessarily expect sophistication. I went to a gay bar in Lakewood, OH a couple of years ago, and was horrified to discover that the only kind of wine they had in stock was Riunite Blush.

Ashley D.
09-30-2012, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=STACY B;2968931]Are you Nuts ? You better stay away from there ,,,Don't waste your time there ,,Hell you can go there anytime ! Go somewhere you CAN'T always go on Halloween ,,, It's FREE PASS night !

Yea what she said. Go to a bar in femm eze way to win some free drinks!

Bree-asaurus
09-30-2012, 07:35 PM
We're talking about HALLOWEEN... at a GAY BAR. Just make sure you go to one of the hip, trendy ones and you'll be fine. Everyone will be in costume and you're just another gay/straight/whatever in a flamboyant get-up.

These kinds of things are always better with friends though... maybe you should visit local groups and organizations that are CD friendly and meet some new people that can help you figure out what places are safe to go to and join you in the fun.

Victoria StJohn
10-06-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm with Stacy B on this one. Go for it and enjoy yourself. You go girl.:D