PDA

View Full Version : Over 7 Years Here, Only My Five-Hundredth Post...

RebeccaLynne
09-25-2012, 04:38 PM
...yet I feel I've reached a milestone. So what gives? Why haven't I been as particlpatory as so many who've come to this site subsequent to my arrival?

I'm a voracious reader, and have perused thousands of posts. Probably tens of thousands. By the time I've read a particular thread, prior respondents have generally weighed in with thoughts and suggestions to which I've nothing to add of any particular importance; therefore, I refrain from jumping in, as I have no insightful revelations to impart.

TBS, I relish the opportunity this site affords me to share the commonality of our community, guys who really enjoy dressing as women and feeling as if they're a part of something bigger than themselves.

I'm grateful for everyone's input, and I'll continue to read whatever is offered on a daily basis... 'cause the only time I'm not en femme is at work, which I rectify immediately as soon as I get home.

Luv you all! :love:

Beverley Sims
09-26-2012, 09:57 AM
You have probably given high quality and meaningful replies.
Unlike me spreading grafiti as well. :)

Crissy Kay
09-26-2012, 10:14 AM
I have been here a while too. Not as many posts as the regulars. Like Rebecca, I guess I enjoy reading posts more then posting myself. Also as mostly a closet cd, theres not a lot I can talk about anyway!!!

joank
09-26-2012, 10:39 AM
I also read alot of post but respond to few. It is cyclical with me. Sometimes I'm in the mood or feel the need, other times not so much.

RitaCD
09-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Likewise for me. I read a lot of posts and enjoy hearing of others issues, concerns, and resolutions with the life we have chosen. I really appreciate the fact that this website is here for us and I commend the moderators for their good work in keeping it clean.

Cynthia Anne
09-26-2012, 10:56 AM
I think sometimes it's best to just sit back and listen instead of commenting and making a fool out of one self! Geewiz!!! I wish I had enough sense to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jorja
09-26-2012, 12:04 PM
RebeccaLynn, could you please hold it down to a soft roar. People are trying to out do each other here. The nerve of some people! Yack, yack, yack, all the time. :)

Happy Five Hundred

Tracii G
09-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Happy 500 Rebecca !!!
I read many threads as well to learn mostly, reply some to encourage others to be themselves.
We are here to help each other.
I can get chatty at times and when a thread gets rolling its fun to cut up.

Jamie Christopher
09-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Happy 500th Rebecca...continue to teach all of us that are new here! Congrats!

Jamie

RebeccaLynne
09-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Thank you all for your replies... I thought about inquiring as to whether others here might have a similar approach to posting responses, but decided to throw it out there as food for thought without attaching any obligation to reply directly to the topic at hand.

I'll now endeavor to recognize your contribution...

You have probably given high quality and meaningful replies.

Beverly, I've tried my best. My perspective is from my own experiences, and I've ruffled a few feathers along the way without meaning to. Purely an intellectual discourse, yet I realize everyone is sensitive to their particular set of circumstances, and I haven't "walked a mile in their shoes". And if they exceed three inches in heel height, I probably couldn't!

Also as mostly a closet cd, theres not a lot I can talk about anyway!!!

Chrissy, you and I won't be able to titillate the readership with our "out and about" threads... but you're recognized for French maid attire, and I find that to be a delightful foray into the eroticism of crossdressing. :heehee:

I also read alot of post but respond to few. It is cyclical with me. Sometimes I'm in the mood or feel the need, other times not so much.

Joan, I think we all have times when we feel like jumping into the fray, and other times we just don't have the energy.

Likewise for me. I read a lot of posts and enjoy hearing of others issues, concerns, and resolutions with the life we have chosen. I really appreciate the fact that this website is here for us and I commend the moderators for their good work in keeping it clean.

Rita, we learn lots from reading what others have to say. Broadens our understanding, and expands our perspective. And I, too, appreciate the integrity of this site. Truly a welcoming place to spend time.

I think sometimes it's best to just sit back and listen instead of commenting and making a fool out of one self! Geewiz!!! I wish I had enough sense to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cynthia, a quote comes to mind... not sure by whom, and I won't get it exactly...
"Better to be thought a fool in silence, than to speak and remove all doubt". Something like that...

RebeccaLynn, could you please hold it down to a soft roar. People are trying to out do each other here. The nerve of some people! Yack, yack, yack, all the time. :)

OK, Jorja, I realize through your admonition that I've been too outspoken... promise I'll rein it in a notch!

Happy 500th Rebecca...continue to teach all of us that are new here! Congrats!

Jamie... thanks, but teach you? I'm trying mightily just to learn from those here far wiser than myself... everyday I learn something new isn't a wasted day...

Barbara Ella
09-26-2012, 10:42 PM
You have gotten some great answers Rebecca, and as you mentioned. I am one of those who reads all the posts, and even if my ideas are there, I feel no compunction not to just say it, because they were my thoughts too, and sometimes more than one or two with the same thought can be good, so don't hesitate.

I have been here less than a year, and yes, i am a yacker, yack, yack, yack, BS, BS, BS, yadda yadda yadda. But that is just me. The one thing I do, is I try to respond to as many of the introductory threads as I can. It helped me so much when I joined to read the responses and know the reception I was getting here. I dont often offer any jewels of wisdom in them, but you never know when a little encouragement will help someone. And no, I do not have a great many original posts, there are way to many intelligent girls here who take care of the original thoughts. I just chip in.

Just keep posting.

Barbara

Meghan
09-26-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm a voracious reader, and have perused thousands of posts. Probably tens of thousands. By the time I've read a particular thread, prior respondents have generally weighed in with thoughts and suggestions to which I've nothing to add of any particular importance; therefore, I refrain from jumping in, as I have no insightful revelations to impart.

I understand. I think I have posted more in the last two months than during the 3 years I had been a member before then.

I, like you, believed that my thoughts and insights were not unique enough to be thrown into the discussion, that my ideas would be drown out amidst all of the others that had the same message or idea etc.

However, over the last few months, I think I have realized that my experience, while similar to some, is truly unique. If that's true, then there is value in sharing as much as I can to possibly help someone else better understand this complicated thing. And the reverse is true, I am learning more about myself as I read and interact with others who share some similar challenges.

Moreover, I have a record of what I was thinking at several points over the last 4 years because I have this forum as a reference. Even if no one ever replied to anything I have ever written, at least I still have a journal of where my thoughts were at different points of time.

And that, if for no other reason, is why I have been posting and participating more lately.

Thank you again for a great topic! I had never thought of it that way before I read your post.

Meghan

Lynn Marie
09-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Some posts are insightful and fun to respond to. I like to support the insightful.

Some posts offer great tips. I watch for these and do my best to encourage them.

Some posts are looking for answers and they get them in spades. I'm often too late and have very little in the way of answers.

Some posts are just a way of getting noticed and get ignored. Yeah, I noticed.

Some posts are pretty childish and I let the children respond. I'm too old for much of that stuff now. Not all that old though.

BLUE ORCHID
09-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Hi Rebecca, Happy 500th.

MindyJ
09-27-2012, 07:23 AM
I'm new. Cant get enough of crossdressers dot com. Gotta return to the real world sooner or later though.

Jennifer in CO
09-27-2012, 07:38 AM
we wall flowers have to stick together!

kimdl93
09-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Don't apologize. Some of us...thinking particularly of myself...probably use our time and offer our comments without using enough discretion.

debbie55
09-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Pah, your all amateurs at keeping your mouth shut lol

Cant believe my 56th post in 6 years is so profound.

Crissy Kay
09-27-2012, 03:43 PM

Good one Jennifer!! And I must say, Thank You Rebecca!! Maybe I am some kind of authority on French Maid attire now!!!

LilSissyStevie
09-27-2012, 05:01 PM
I wish I only had 500. Congrats for holding your tongue!

Annaliese2010
09-27-2012, 06:17 PM
IDK...but I guess you're more of a giver than a taker. A peace maker? Are you Pisces perchance? You're probly a deep thinker & would be fascinating to know as a friend because when you do have something to say chances are it's meaningful, thoughtful & wise. Myself...I think it's been 2 1/2 yrs coming here? Not sure but..if I'm still comin to this site after 7 yrs...it would surprise the hell outta me. If I'm checkn in even One year from now...it'll mean... I don't know What but I bet it wont necessarily be a good indication of how things went between now & then. OMG! Nooo...!!!

LOL...

RebeccaLynne
09-28-2012, 10:07 PM
I'll try to catch up here... worked more than ten hours in the sun and heat outdoors yesterday, and just didn't have the energy to get dolled-up and read and respond as I would've liked.

Today we worked 6'17", and got what we call a "quit'... 6 hours, 17 minutes, payed for eight hours... got home, showered, shaved, did my makeup, and got dressed... sometimes I like my job... :)

I hear you...Sometimes it's best to take a step back...post infrequently...and only when the 'urge' arises. I'm feeling that. Instead of 'solving' everyone's problems in one fell swoop, as I'm sometimes wont to do...:D...

Ya' know, our guy side wants to solve problems, and our gal side wants to understand and offer support to others... only the approach is different.

I'm new. Cant get enough of crossdressers dot com. Gotta return to the real world sooner or later though.

Mindy, work is work, and then there's what makes you happy. That's why we work... in order to finance that which brings us pleasure.

Well, we're mostly a buncha guys who relish their femininity... so we're different. And more in tune with enjoying what life has to offer. We may not be voted "Most Popular", but we share a rather exclusive camaraderie...

Don't apologize. Some of us...thinking particularly of myself...probably use our time and offer our comments without using enough discretion.

Kim, your time is your most precious asset, and you've not squandered it. The quote that comes ro mind is "Discretion is the better part of valor". We speak our minds in a genuine effort to encourage others to find their own comfort level, and offer suggestions purely for their benefit...

Pah, your all amateurs at keeping your mouth shut lol
Cant believe my 56th post in 6 years is so profound.

Wow, you'e a much better listener than I am.... you've earned your "girl card"... :battingeyelashes:

Good one Jennifer!! And I must say, Thank You Rebecca!! Maybe I am some kind of authority on French Maid attire now!!!

C'mon, Crissy... everytime I see your avatar I wanta buy an outfit complimented by a feather duster...

I wish I only had 500. Congrats for holding your tongue!

Thanks. I learned to do so after being banned for being confrontational ... I was having a "guy" moment! :eek:

IDK...but I guess you're more of a giver than a taker. A peace maker? Are you Pisces perchance? You're probly a deep thinker & would be fascinating to know as a friend because when you do have something to say chances are it's meaningful, thoughtful & wise.

I'm flattered, Annaliese. I'd like to think I'm one who believes in fairness and equality. I'm Aquarius, on the cusp of Capricorn...

Myself...I think it's been 2 1/2 yrs coming here? Not sure but..if I'm still comin to this site after 7 yrs...it would surprise the hell outta me. If I'm checkn in even One year from now...it'll mean... I don't know What but I bet it wont necessarily be a good indication of how things went between now & then. OMG! Nooo...!!!
LOL...

This is great site for CD'er's to find support and acceptance. I believe we all need to love, and be loved.
If you're still participating after seven years... you're a confirmed crossdresser.
And we're here for you. We're all here for each other.

oliviall
09-28-2012, 10:12 PM
I have many fewer posts, I read allot too :)