PDA

View Full Version : Day out in London?

Kimberlyfaye
09-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Hey everyone.

I'll be honest, I'm after a confidence boost. I'm going to London soon and I don't know if I should go en femme. I want to but like always with this type of thing I get nervous. Once I commit and I get out I'm usually fine but before I go I always have doubts. I get nervous and think that I won't pass or everyone will stare. I just think I shouldn't go through with it.
If I do go there will be alot of firsts. First time in the big city. First time on public transport. First time using the ladies room (because I will have to answer that call at some point). Also my voice isn't exactly feminine. I try my best but I just don't feel it's feminine enough.

Anyway, do you think I should go? My GG friend says I should if I want to. She says it's London, anything goes. People might look but most have seen us before. It's nothing new to them.

If I go it will be with my SO and a GG friend and possibly a couple of GMs.

Hugs

Stephanie Miller
09-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Nothing ventured..... nothing gained.
And why the heck not? You have friends that will be with you for support, let alone just being out and being you.
Have fun, and we all here expect a full report! :GD:

biggirlsarah
09-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi KIM to be quite honest as someone who doesn't pass as female I have been to London a few times and believe me especially in a place like London being so cosmopolitan the vast majority of people are too busy getting on with what they are doing they wont even notice you and if they do you aren't doing anything illegal you have a right to dress as you want , if you are nervous of using the ladies rest rooms then a safe alternative is to use a disabled toilet if available they are usually asexual, put your doubts behind you go and have a good day and really enjoy yourself , lots of love Sarah xxx
ps let us know how it goes .

Jorja
09-27-2012, 09:47 AM
It has been 3-4 years now since I have been to London so I can't speak as to the current climate and how well tolerated CDing is now. Back then we would see a CDer walking down the street and noticed that no one even looked at them. People just went on about their business. Go have fun in the big city.

I Am Paula
09-27-2012, 10:35 AM
I was in London a few years back. Flew in drab, then stayed fem the whole visit. More people commented on my accent than on me being in women's clothes. I went shopping at Harrods, and Selfridges. Pub crawling, the tower tour, the whole bit. Had a great time. Prices are absolutely shocking!!

Rianna Humble
09-27-2012, 10:47 AM
By all means make a day out in London! With those friends around you, it should be a fun day out!

If your confidence flags, just borrow some of theeeirs - they cannot be worried about being seen with you.

If you fancy a detour via Brighton there is a well established support group for CDs, TSs and their friends calledThe Clare Project (//http://www.clareproject.org.uk/) who meet on a Tuesday. This coming week (2nd Oct) is the one that is followed by a meal out.

Beverley Sims
09-27-2012, 10:58 AM
London is easy and with a couple of friends even easier.
The populace will not notice you unless you wear a beard and a dress.
With others to divert peoples attention I am sure no one will notice.

kimdl93
09-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Totally. You have your SO's support and that of a GG friend. There's safety and confidence in numbers.

So here's the trick. Think of all the things you fear and step out the door expecting the worst. Mostly, you'll find that nothing bad happens, and if once in a while you're read, the chances are, you'll elicit a smile, maybe even a chuckle, but life goes on. If so, get past it and enjoy the freedom of being out in the big city.

becky77
09-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm going to be a hypocrite now. London is really cosmopolitan and so full of different types of people you will just blend in. No one cares they have seen it all. It's a great place for people like us. However I am not brave enough do it myself lol.

Jorja
09-27-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm going to be a hypocrite now. London is really cosmopolitan and so full of different types of people you will just blend in. No one cares they have seen it all. It's a great place for people like us. However I am not brave enough do it myself lol.

Kimberly, stop by and pick up Becky while you are at it. ;)

Kimberlyfaye
09-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Kimberly, stop by and pick up Becky while you are at it. ;)

Will do.

You don't have the confidence to do it but you look like that Becky? If I saw you I would think you were female.

Bree Wagner
09-28-2012, 04:53 PM
I've got two days in London coming up in just over a month, I know I'm going to do my best to give Bree one of the days (or at least a few hours!).

If you've got the opportunity, especially with your SO and friends, grab it! Go and have fun then tell us all about it.

-Bree

heatherdress
09-28-2012, 05:52 PM
I have been to London a few times and agree that should be a great experience for you. You should go and have fun. It is a wonderful city.

Kaz
09-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Kim.... just do it! What everyone has said is true. Even if you are 'clocked' no-one will cause you a problem and if you get a few strange looks, just remember that they will not remember you and you will never come across them again! If you are nervous, just stick to the main busy areas... you will have a ball! And you have a posse around you!

Now... is it a day out or a short visit? Just thinking about the travelling en femme bit... car or train?

Kimberlyfaye
10-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Didn't go en femme in the end. It would have been too much hassle with the problems I'm going through. I just didn't have the time to do it. I couldn't get ready so I didn't bother. But I will go again soon and that time I'll go en femme :)

Thank you all for the support.

Hugs

Joanne.England
10-02-2012, 08:58 AM
You will be fine. Most people in London are too busy to notice anyone and those that do have seen it all before as many have said before me.

Kerstin
10-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I lived in London for years. Trust me when I say no one will care. Maybe if you walked through some of the rough estates things would be different, but in the large cosmopolitan areas of London you'll have nothing to worry about. Get out there and enjoy :)

xbootsx
10-02-2012, 10:10 AM
London is very easy going , I am tall with broad shoulders and even that is just fine . However, the pavements can be very uneven , so you need to take extra care in those high heels.

Beverley Sims
10-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Didn't go en femme in the end. It would have been too much hassle with the problems I'm going through. I just didn't have the time to do it. I couldn't get ready so I didn't bother. But I will go again soon and that time I'll go en femme :)

Thank you all for the support.

Hugs

I agree, if the time is not right don't do it.
Work on it and sure enough the time will be right. :)
Let everything fall into place and you will enjoy it then.

BLUE ORCHID
10-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi Kimberly, Frof the looks of your pictures it dosen't look like a problem.