PDA

View Full Version : It's so much work to go back

I Am Paula
09-27-2012, 10:09 AM
I have to go to a funeral on saturday. My mother asked if I could dress in guy clothes. I'm as stiff as a cigar store indian in drab, it's not natural at all. I've been drabbing myself all day. Cut my nails. Take off earrings, put in studs. Find old pair of wingtip shoes in back of closet. On my way to buy a suit and shirt. Da*n! no guy socks! I don't have a male wallet, I'll just cram my stuff in my pockets. Dump out purse on kitchen table. Need-mirror, concealer, kleenex, nail file, change purse, brush, lip balm. Don't need- lipstick, five perfume samples, compact. This is NEVER gonna fit in my pockets. Lose the leopard iphone cover. Oh no, my toenails are painted. No men's cologne or deodorant. My only tie has a Santa Claus on it!
I look in the mirror, see mostly guy looking back...well, mostly guy with streaked bleached blonde hair. This will have to do. Now, how to act like guy...
Don't cross thighs. Burp after drinking. Shake hands. Use men's room and stand up to pee!!!
This is going to be a challenge.
I look over at my wife. She's packed a black dress and pantyhose and she's ready to go! It's sooo much easier just to be a girl.

Lorileah
09-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Sorry that you have to attend a funeral. That means you have lost someone at least semi-close to you. In the grand scheme of things I am sure whoever it is they would not mind you showing up as "you" but sometimes we do things for family. It is a facade you have to present. Not the end of the world. Only your outer clothing will be seen so why worry about your toenails (you won't be walking bare foot I suspect), wear thicker tights, no one will notice they are not socks. Many women forgo the make up on a daily basis. You can do that for a few hours out of respect for your mother. Why worry about your hair? Many guys now have multicolored hair.

I do feel for you because I would rather dress as a woman for some things that I just cannot at this point. But it is just for a few hours, maybe a day? Think of it as dressing as Annie Hall maybe. You do need a new tie though.

Sorry for your loss. Just think of the having to dress in drab as a speed bump and realize that things could be worse.

Beverley Sims
09-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Yes you have to do this for family but it sounds hard, you can always move on to the next phase of your life.

kimdl93
09-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Sorry for your loss as well.

I have a similar feeling everytime I have to go to a business meeting. I'm totally en femme in my home office and daily life, but still present as male for meetings and some family events. Its so odd to shift back into drab for those events. But we do what we have to, right?

Cynthia Anne
09-27-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm also sorry for your loss! But girl you kinda scared me a little! I sure hope I never have to ''pretend'' to be male again!