PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate closet?

Kate Simmons
09-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Make way for "TG Barbie" folks. I saw an ad on TV tonight marketing Barbie's Ultimate Closet. Of course this is aimed at young girls but the implications for CD/TG folks are obvious.It has dresses, shoes and all kinds of accessories in a carry all "closet". What won't they think of next.If I'd had stuff like this as a youngster i would have been "dolled up" for life (pun intended)and nary would have even touchrf a G.I. Joe. :heehee::)

Leah Lynn
09-27-2012, 09:00 PM
But, maybe GI Joe would have liked to dress up as well?

Cynthia Anne
09-28-2012, 12:20 AM
That would be a dream come true! I was never a fan of g.i. Joe!

Diane Smith
09-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Don't ask me how I know this, 'cause I'll deny it, but G.I. Joe is too big and muscular to fit into Barbie's clothes. Especially the shoes.

Ken, on the other hand, had a much slighter build ...

(This refers to the classic dolls my friends and I grew up with in the '60s, of course.)

- Diane

BLUE ORCHID
09-28-2012, 07:08 AM
Hi Kate, GI Joe would be protected under the Don't ask Don't tell part.

Beverley Sims
09-28-2012, 09:33 AM
I knew a boy that had a Ken doll all dressed up in Barbies outfits.
I was only twelve then and really did not connect with it.
His sister dressed Barbie in all his jungle outfits.
Another missed opportunity on my side.

suit
09-28-2012, 09:52 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>Ultimate closet<<<<<<<<<<<<<
{I would have made the header stark satin pannled girdle white if it was viasable and understandable}

think the cartoon from" loonie tunes" where the professor poured liquid holes he could pick up and deploy .

now add a time demention perfume that can be aplied to the hole. so go to an old factory, store or some one's closet that you knew in the past , that had what ever you quest.
spray the " backwards time perfume in proper quanty "onto your ready to deploy "hole" deploy and buy or raid what you have been obsessing about all these years !

be that dico pants of the 70's, fredricks of hollywood shoes ,1940's rubber girdles, 1880's corsets or early 60's stuff that warped my imagination for 40 ++ years

and just think your 2012 doller would go miles and miles shopping! ooh bad cell reception!

Megan_Renee
09-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I wasn't really allowed to play with any dolls... Or maybe that was my own fears impeding my development. GOD I wanted the whole my-little-pony set so bad. But a Barbie Closet? OMG... I would have died if they got that for me! I would have pretended to be pissed, then played with it when they were not home... ;-)

Angela Campbell
09-28-2012, 12:23 PM
When I was a kid I did not have Barbies because I was a boy and my parents wouldn't allow that. I did have GI Joe and two girls who lived across the street from me. I played there every day. I would bring my GI Joes over and they loved them and I played with their Barbies. They had all the wonderful outfits. We played together with the dolls and with dressup outfits, they had all kinds and we all tried on princess outfits, bride outfits, oh it was so fun. Seeing them while changing and them seeing me when I changed was when I found out boys and girls were different. They wanted what I had so bad and I couldn't understand why. They got all the good toys. I really miss those days sometimes. We got older and they moved away and then there was only boys to play with in the neighborhood. Mean boys who didn't play nice. I never got to play with Barbies again.

vivian fair
09-29-2012, 10:15 PM
NO! GI joe would not be protected if he was wearing any thing belonging to barbie. Naked he and gi jim,bill etc can co-mingle but put on a bra or panties it's now deemed illegal in US military!

Angela Campbell
09-29-2012, 11:52 PM
My GI Joes wore a lot of bras......

Jocelyn Quivers
09-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Don't ask me how I know this, 'cause I'll deny it, but G.I. Joe is too big and muscular to fit into Barbie's clothes. Especially the shoes.

Ken, on the other hand, had a much slighter build ...

(This refers to the classic dolls my friends and I grew up with in the '60s, of course.)

- Diane

Maybe not any of the "Joe's" but what about Cobra, specifically the Cobra member Zartan who was the master of disguise. Or for that matter Cobra Commander, yes he wore a mask always but maybe because he never felt like removing his make up after dressing sessions. So it was just easier to put a mask on and be done with it, or he had permanent make up done, and that was the "real" reason he never removed his mask outside of a few brief scenes in the animated movie, which maybe he had a "double" stand in for those scenes. Or maybe he also wore a mask because he had a mishap with an at home laser hair removal system.:battingeyelashes: