PDA

View Full Version : Outing with kids...

Christa001
09-27-2012, 10:32 PM
I am going to a halloween party(Rorys) soon in Chicago.My wife ( who is very accepting) cant make it...I have a daughter ( 30) who knows,accepts and helps- really wants to go in her place...Would it look right if she went instead of my wife?

Thanks ,Christa

Ashley D.
09-27-2012, 10:42 PM
If she is 30 then I see nothing wrong with her going with you.
Sounds like a fun night with her.

franlee
09-27-2012, 10:45 PM
I can't think of a thing that should stand in the way. I can only see it being unappropriate if the costumes were insinuating a inapropreiate or indeasent relationship. And I can't see that even being a possibility, or you wouldn't even be conserned what anyone thought. Go have a good time with your daughter and saviour your time together, not many people have such a positive relationship with their children. And oneday you'll be glad you made the most of the time you had and shared, we only live once.

CindySTJ
09-27-2012, 11:35 PM
I think it will be great!! If she is as accepting of you then she will be comfortable with girls she does not know and if she talks to us at all then everyone will love her. I bet she winds up making new friends and being the hit of the night and you will have a night to remember with your daughter. Have fun!

Cynthia Anne
09-27-2012, 11:41 PM
My goodness! Grab on to that idea! You have a great daughter! How lucky!!!!!!!!

ReineD
09-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Sure it's OK! Why would you think it might not be OK to go to a party with your daughter?

Is it because of the other people who will be there?

Lorileah
09-28-2012, 12:22 AM
How about AW He** Yes

noeleena
09-28-2012, 01:25 AM
Hi,

Pity your S O cant go so whats the issue for any member of family going out with you. tis family you know,

as you know we have 16 of family & i go out, & invite different ones to come with me to functions, the last was 7 of us, to our multicultural group. of some 400 people who attended, & we do other things as well, & i introduce our family to my friends there as well.

...noeleena...

Amanda_P
09-28-2012, 02:13 AM
I almost passed on a girls day out with my daughters last year. Wife didn't think to much of the idea and didn't go. But I got dressed and one daughter help with my makeup and off we went. It wound up being a great day for all 4 of us. Wouldn't have missed it for the world and neither should you. To bad the wife can't make it but GO and have fun with you daughter.

Cheryl T
09-28-2012, 04:39 AM
Why not??? If you're wife knows and just can't make it there is nothing wrong with your 30 yr old daughter accompanying her father.

BLUE ORCHID
09-28-2012, 06:57 AM
Hi Christa, That sounds like a wonderful idea go for it.

Jenn A116
09-28-2012, 08:04 AM
It seems to be pretty unanimous that you should go with your daughter. But nobody seems to have hit on the really important question - what is she going to wear? :)

Beverley Sims
09-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Why not?
It is not as if she is a minor.
Have a great time with your daughter.

Alice B
09-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Your wife knows and accepts. Your daughter does also. I see nothing wrong with going if your wife is OK with it. Have fun.

PretzelGirl
09-28-2012, 10:11 AM
I go out with my daughter all the time. A couple times with my son-in-law. Why should anyone think anything inappropriate is going on unless the costumes insinuate that? Have a blast!

~Joanne~
09-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Having a daughter and wife, both accepting, has to be really great :) I don't see why you can't take your daughter to a party. it will be one of those bonding things :) She's surly old enough to party with her dad :)

Christa001
09-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Thank you to all that have replied.This is going to be a really fun outing...so looking forward to it!Reine,I wasnt sure if it would look right ( wasnt sure of the venue)but now i know its ok.Jenna, dont know what shes going to wear just yet...
I know shell have a great time with all of us!!!

Christa

Susan.
09-29-2012, 01:24 AM
Christa, consider yourself very lucky and accept her generous offer.

Courtney A Anderson
10-09-2012, 06:29 AM
I think It's a great idea, I think both you and your daughter will have a blast at a party with all the other CDers that will be there.

Jennifer in CO
10-09-2012, 08:05 AM
I went to a banquet some years ago and took my youngest daughter - then 21. From people who didn't know who she was I got the dirtiest looks - like I was a cradle robber!

Jenn

Tina B.
10-09-2012, 08:42 AM
I once went to a company party where my mom worked, she was a widow, and didn't want to go alone but wanted to go. at the time I had an eye infection, and was wearing a black patch on one eye, and at the time there was a guy doing commercials on TV that wore one just like the patch I was wearing. Everybody seemed to want to meet the young guy, with the older women, they all thought wow how does she get a young guy like that. Everyone at our table knew me, and we had a great laugh all night but those coming by to say high and meet her date. Go have fun, and if anyone that doesn't know you thinks its a girl friend, they will thank you must be one heck of a stud. I would have a great time doing something like that with one of my kids!
Tina B.