PDA

View Full Version : comment at work

angpai30
09-28-2012, 04:03 AM
I know I haven't been on in a while, but I'm trying to come back! Here is an interesting experience of mine!

I work in retail and was on my lunch break and in line to purchase my lunch. There was this older woman in another line eyeballing me looking like she wanted to say something to me, but unsure if she should. I got to the register scan area and started scanning my stuff and was about to pay when she walks up behind me, touches my shoulder and says "I know heavenly father didn't make a mistake with you as you are really pretty and a woman. You should quit trying to be a man and continue being the woman that I know heavenly father made you to be." and then she walked off. She didn't even give me a chance to respond or even smile at her. I am trans and I started HRT 5 months ago and have been going strong since. I have been working as a woman for the past month now and things have been going well. I work for Wal-Mart as many of you may be asking what retail chain. It took me 3 months to be able to go to work full time as a woman, but i did it!

Love ya all!!

Angela

LeannL
09-28-2012, 04:45 AM
Please explain. How were you presenting that would have given her the idea you were trans?

Leann

BLUE ORCHID
09-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Hi Kristin, Oh wow that sure was strange.

kimdl93
09-28-2012, 08:03 AM
People say the darnedest things...but at least it was meant as a compliment.

EllenJo
09-28-2012, 08:16 AM
The woman was right about one thing Kristen, Heavenly Father does not make mistakes. He made some of us males with very strong female feelings. Thank you Lord!

Beverley Sims
09-28-2012, 09:19 AM
I am always wary about strange or out of the ordinary remarks.
It takes a while to weigh up whether it is genuine or some crazee!
I usually respond with a smile any way.

MsRenee
09-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Always find it hard on how to accept compliments. I know the other day I came out of the courthouse and was waiting to the crosswalk to go. I heard these gentleman of to my side talking , one walked up and said his friend says Im pretty I knew they were just being smart about it so I replied thanks and that my girl tells me the same thing and then I walked off.
Renee

Kathi Lake
09-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Well, Provo is definitely the only place you will hear a conversation like that!

:)

Kathi

cyndigurl45
09-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Your post is a little hard to follow, I know auto word spell check can be confusing...... I still have a hard time with guys doing the door thingy and on a few occasion I get such a nice complement "WOW let me get this door for you ma'am" well thank you sir "yes ma'am" LOL :-)

Torrey
09-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Cool story...You must be doing something right! Wow, and in Utah...

:hugs:
Torrey

Barbara Ella
09-28-2012, 12:24 PM
WOnderful story. True words are welcome at all times I guess. Hope you kept that smile all day.

Barbara

Sharon B.
09-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Please explain what was being said or what you were doing.

Chickhe
09-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Wow...but, it sounds to me like she thought you were a female trying to look like a male...of course I wasn't there to get all the details, but I wonder if she was actually got it backwards and wasn't saying anything nice at all... which in your case would be a positive though.

bimini1
09-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Full moon is just about here.

angpai30
09-28-2012, 07:51 PM
OK, the story above has been fixed and is easier to follow. Yes, I am trans and the story explains a little bit better now so if you wanted to re-read the story then that would be a little bit more informative now. If you have any other questions just PM me and I'll get back to you!!

Love you all!!

Angela

angpai30
09-28-2012, 08:29 PM
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.288721527909919.67827.100003162223859&type=1

The link shows how I look pretty much on a day to day basis!

Angela

Nicole Erin
09-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Well you do look quite pretty.
I have a question though - how do you afford those two cars on a walmart paycheck? I mean crap I work in retail and I am on the market for an older Cavalier

Cynthia Anne
09-28-2012, 09:49 PM
I got to hand it to you Kristen! You must be doing something right! You go girl!!! Hugs!

donnalee
09-29-2012, 03:00 AM
I've had things of that nature happen to me, odd comments that turned out later to have significance. I don't know where they come from, but they're usually pretty spooky, especially when they turn out to be true (which seems to happen a large percentage of the time, way more than it should). In any case, I think it was well meant and not intended as an insult.

weekend woman
09-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Talk about odd comments, the other day at work a co-worker was looking for his cordless phone and I told him where he left it. Another co-worker chimes in " you should be a woman, you know where everything is, just like my wife." I would have loved to reply but I didn't really feel like outing myself.