PDA

View Full Version : Wigs and natural hair color

Christa001
09-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Is there a way to temporairily change the color of our natural hair so it matches the color of the wig i am wearing?

Christa

Karren H
09-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Define "temporary" lol I use color my hair so it always matches..... but I have used makeup to tint areas around the ears to make them look similar.....

Christa001
09-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Karren,im not able to dye my hair permanently just yet so am looking for a solution so my hair matches my wig color.I like your makeup tip! Thank you !

Christa

Cheryl T
09-29-2012, 06:33 AM
The temporary kind you seek usually wash right out, so sweat under the wig will remove it as well.
I did mine in a bright color for Halloween one year and then saw how easily it washed out and was glad it didn't rain that day...I would have been wearing it all over if it had.

Sally24
09-29-2012, 08:31 AM
What I do is use a powder for both my eyebrows and the hair in front of my ears. Since my wigs are reddish, I have a red/auburn eye powder that I use for this that I got at MAC. That way if my wig pulls or is blown away from my face, the hairs that are exposed match the general color. It comes right off with makeup remover.

linda allen
09-29-2012, 08:40 AM
How about just wearing one of those wig caps that covers your natural hair and keeps it in place? Other than thay, you can dye your hair or buy a wig that matches your natural color.

Christa001
09-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Thank you to all for the wonderful replies and tips.I may have to get a grey/silver wig but I think I look and feel better in a different color

Christa

BLUE ORCHID
09-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi Christa , Change the wig to match your hair color.

I solved that problem I dyed my gray hair blonde to match my wigs and no more side burns.

Courtney A Anderson
10-09-2012, 06:37 AM
Christa, I slick back my hair with hair gel, then put on a wig cap, tape it on, and use bobby pins to hold back the unruly hair so they don't stick out. It's a lot more work but you can keep your hair color without any problems, and enjoy almost any wig color.

MsRenee
10-09-2012, 10:49 AM
I agree with Karren I use a little foundation and lite powder on the hair just above the ears and it blends in perfect.
Renee