PDA

View Full Version : Oops!

luvbridget
09-29-2012, 05:08 AM
Well, I've had an interesting week! It all started with my car being rear-ended by an idiot cab driver on monday. Well I felt pretty bad about that, what with the damage to my car and the new back pain I had not experienced before. So on my work-from-home day (I get one a week because I have such a long commute) I had a choice between taking my car to a body shop to get an estimate or having my "lady time." Well, guess what. I chose to have my lady time because I was feeling so bad and needed a mood-lifter.

To make a short story long, I had most of my stuff out. My box of lingerie, my makeup (and I have a pretty large arsenal of it), my heels, almost everything. I was going through it to get rid of items that didn't fit and I didn't like, especially stockings that turned out to be too short, makeup that didn't live up to my standards, etc. Suddenly, my wife came home early. Well I made the effort to hide some stuff before she got all the way in to the house, but she saw my heels and my lingerie and makeup. I told her everything. She's always known I liked to put on makeup, now she knows the rest.

You know what? She was very accepting. We're not at the point where many CD's I've read about are, where their SO's take them out for shopping trips or anything, but at least it's out in the open. I mean I told her so many things I never told anyone, how long I've been doing this, how many times I've purged, what wigs I've had, what I have now, etc.

She talked about moving my stuff into her closet so I wouldn't have to hide it. We also talked half-jokingly about me presenting the dolled-up version of myself to her. I'm not ready for either thing to happen. I really think it would be fun if she would like to do a makeover on me, or if she saw me when I was all made up and pretty, but I don't know where we are at this point. What I do think is that it is a very healthy thing that it's out in the open, she knows what I do, and we can decide what to do from here.

Whew!

Mollyanne
09-29-2012, 05:18 AM
Just goes to show ya', that sometimes its the best to be open and honest. If your SO was "joking" about seeing ya' all dressed up I would ask her if she meant it or was just teasing. I think she meant it!!!!! High five here considering what the outcome could have been instead of what transpired!!!!!!

Molly

Cynthia Anne
09-29-2012, 05:28 AM
Well Bridget that doesn't sound like too bad of a week! Hopefully it will work out good for you! I wouldn't move too fast though! Give her plenty of time to digest the situation! Good luck!

BRANDYJ
09-29-2012, 05:39 AM
I think your wife's acceptance is great. Her saying she wanted to see you complletely dressed was not a joke. Seems she accepted this very easily and because of that her curiousity about what you look like has peaked. Being totally out in the open about your dressing is a new territory. No more hiding, no more secrets. This can lead to a much stronger and healthier bond between you. Go at her pace and talk. It's got to feel like a load has been taken off your shoulders. Secrets from a SO isnot a good thing.

jennyday
09-29-2012, 05:49 AM
Bridget, you can get a new car, its a lot harder to get a new wife. Good deal on her acceptance, now just go slowly and don't force too much on her too fast. Slow and easy is my best advice. Trust me, as a crossdresser with a very accepting wife you will not believe the benefits to her acceptance and participation. It has actually made to two of us closer.
Jenny

Beverley Sims
09-29-2012, 05:59 AM
I think it is a wonderful outcome, just take it slowly and only dress on request in the early stages so as your wife can absorb it all.

jillleanne
09-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Love the story and especially the ending. Keep the lines of communication open. She sounds similar to my partner. I was accepted instantly with some tears and talking. Today we are a threesome in everyday life. It's all about accepting each other for who we are, not for who we were falsely taught to accept.

kimdl93
09-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Wow, that is what you call an accidental outing.

bridget thronton
09-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Very nice that your oops had a happy ending

UNDERDRESSER
09-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Go at her pace and talk. .1000 times this!

Well, that could have been a bad week gone seriously wrong, glad it turned out better! Hope it continues to go well, and your back pain is nothing serious.

paulaprimo
09-29-2012, 08:51 PM
and you call him an "idot" cab driver... :D might have been the best thing that ever happened to you! :)

i'm a little confused though, if she was accepting about the make-up, and that brings up another question...why she thought you wear it, :eek: why would you be fearful that she wouldn't accept your dressing?

i'm sure that its complicated, but i was just wondering.

congrats on her acceptance. :)

luvbridget
09-30-2012, 02:21 AM
Hi Paula, in regards to the makeup..

i'm a little confused though, if she was accepting about the make-up, and that brings up another question...why she thought you wear it, :eek: why would you be fearful that she wouldn't accept your dressing?

I met my wife when we were all involved in the punk rock / indie music scene.. it wasn't unusual for guys in the scene to wear a little eyeliner or mascara in those days (but certainly not to the degree that I would when nobody was looking! :P) She dropped by to visit once when I still had some traces of makeup on my face and hadn't done that great of a job cleaning it off because I wasn't expecting to see anybody! So I told her I liked to put on makeup now and again because I liked the glitz and glamour. And she was OK with it! She is awesome.

I don't know why I thought she might not be accepting of the fact that I like to wear ladies' clothes too.. but bear in mind that when she walked in she didn't see me fully en femme.. I was just going through my stuff and getting ready to get dressed. I'm not sure what her reaction would have been if she saw me all dolled up. Maybe the conversation would have been different. I don't know. Maybe everything would have been OK in that scenario too. I'm SO lucky to be with her.

paulaprimo
09-30-2012, 02:38 AM
thank you bridget for the explanation. it now makes perfect sense to me.
sounds like you have a great woman in your life!!