PDA

View Full Version : So many shopping breakthroughs today!!

MsMegan
10-01-2012, 12:19 PM
I just had the best shopping experiance ever! Full of firsts :)

I went to Kohls and was thrilled to find that they have unattended dressing rooms, so after cruising the womans section (I was not dressed as a woman today) and finding a few things to try on, I had them staged.. so when the coast was clear, I did a quick pass snatched them all up and went in the dressing room and tried them on. I was very pleased with myself. Didnt like any of the clothes (but the pencil skirt was cute),but that wasnt the point.

Then I went to payless shoes and tried on some womens shoes, still dressed as a man, and I let the store clerk see me. I didn't care today. He was very nice, and didn't seem surprised at all. I didn't find what I was looking for, so as I was walking out, he was like, "Didnt see anything you couldn't live without? I said no, not today. He told me to come back because they re-stock with new stuff often. Very nice of him.

Then I went to an asian beuty supply place to get a wig. A young asian woman asked if I needed help. I was meek at first... "No I'm only looking". She said okay and started to go, then I said "Just trying to find something cute" and she was like, "For you or.... someone else?" So I decided to be bold and confident. "For me" I replied. I told her what I had in mind and she was very helpful and didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. By the end, she was helping me try them on to see how they looked. I got a nice one today :)

Then I went to TJ Maxx and looked briefly. On the way out I saw a cute long sweater to be worn with tights... I looked and they had medium and large, but I wasnt sure what size I was. I thought about it for a minute, then I was like, well hey, lets see what the attendant does. I took both straight to the fitting room. She asked how many, I said 2 and showed her what I had, and she showed me to a fitting room without even a sideways glance. I bought the large and a pair of tights to go with it and I was on my way!

What a day, such a confidence builder!! I found the cutest pair of panties at kohls... but I wasnt in the market for underwear today... maybe another day. I just had to share my story with ya'll.
-Megan

ArleneRaquel
10-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Thank you for posting your outstanding day.

STACY B
10-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Feels good ,,,, An I just love to shop an tell ya the truth it's way cheaper to try stuff on cuz ya don't have to grab an go an end up having a bunch of stuff that you don't like or don't even fit ,, See all that stuff you tried on at Kohls an never got nothing ,,, Saved money an didn't hurt a bit ,,Now ya know what not to get next time .

Megan_Renee
10-01-2012, 12:28 PM
I've always felt that Payless and TJ Maxx seemed very TG friendly. I mean, Payless... C'mon... really? Size 13 Women's shoes? And TJ Maxx always seems so diverse in their selection and choices that they have got to have plenty of TG people coming through... I'll need to ask my friend who works at ours if she sees many people coming through...

I'm so glad you had such a great day shopping!

ArleneRaquel
10-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Megan_Renee,
I've shopped Payless a few times, in person, always enfemme, I've never had a problem.

Leslie Langford
10-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Great story, Megan...and bonus points if the attendant at TJ Maxx directed you to the ladies' fitting room rather than the men's with your selection of women's clothes, given that you were dressed in drab ;).

Beverley Sims
10-01-2012, 01:22 PM
I know I have good days and bad days.
Good days spend 100 bucks.
Bad days spend nothing.
Or should that be the other way around? :)

MsMegan
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Had to show you ladies my new outfit, I like it so much! SO glad I went shopping today! (Sorry, not ready to show my face, but I looked good today) ;)

ArleneRaquel
10-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Lovely outfit darling, thank you for posting.

rita63
10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
If I could shop like you, all looking and no spending, I could do it much more often. Sounds like a wonderful day, many more in the future.

hugs rita

BLUE ORCHID
10-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Hi Megan, That sure sounds like a fun filled day.

Diversity
10-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Hi Megan,
Thank you for sharing your day with us! I have been going through the same scenarios and am constantly challenging myself and learning from the experiences. Recently I went for a bra fitting. The lady was very supportive and helped me to find a bra which would fit perfectly. Unfortunately she did not have one in the right size and ordered one for me. In about two weeks I will go for another fitting. "Practice makes perfect"! :) Gotta admit, shopping is such fun!!!!
Di

Jenny Doolittle
10-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Hey Megan,

Isn't shopping grand! You have hit all of my favorite shopping locations and I have found them all to be very helpful. I would be willing to wager, in a matter of two weeks, you will be out shopping again, only this time you will not be in drab.

Enjoy,

Jenny

becky77
10-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Sounds like a great day, amazing how your confidence can grow :)

AngieStone
10-02-2012, 09:44 AM
I agree you look good, and the boots are so cute. Great outfit.

MsMegan
10-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Well Jenny, it wasn't two weeks... it was a day later. I went and bought some new underwear today, but I was still dressed in drab. I went shopping once in Germany dressed, and I think I did okay, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for that here. Now I can actually understand what people are saying to me ;) Thanks for the compliment Angie, I love those boots, got 'em on clearance at Macy's. I love boots in the way that most of ya'll love heels. Wish I could have 'em all!!

~Joanne~
10-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks for sharing your experiences Megan :) sounds like you have been having some great days :) Like you, I also shop in drab and while most girls here wouldn't agree, I have felt like I have been pushing some boundaries also. I love the experiences.

Oh and your outfits is great! It very pretty and looks good on you :)

erika_kerrie
10-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Good for you. I still get a rush out if shopping for my girlie clothes, online is great but there's something special about shopping in person.

Amy Milnet
10-09-2012, 08:06 PM
I can not wait untill i get the nerve and the look to go shopping in femm.

MsRenee
10-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Kudos to just going for it girl. never know until you try and its alot easier to put things back on the rack that dont fit then having to return them. Your outfit looks fab by the way.
Renee

EllenJo
10-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Wow, great story, great outfit. These are the posts that give me hope and confidence that I can someday reach.
Thank you
Ellen Jo

Tina B.
10-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Cute outfit, and a great story of bravery, now when are you going to get brave enough to wear it without the facial block?
Just teasing you a little, very cute, and looks great on you.
Tina B.

jennyc4u
10-10-2012, 08:26 AM
beauticul outfit hun. well done to you