PDA

View Full Version : Does 2d:4d ratio explain us?

gabe
10-02-2012, 08:04 AM
A new study (http://healthland.time.com/2011/07/06/penis-size-it-may-be-written-in-the-length-of-his-fingers/?iid=hl-article-mostpop1) on Korean males suggests males have lower ratio, just wondering if it holds true for a more general population. Do CDers have same or higher ratio? That is certainly my case. Does it explain why we CD?

Kate Simmons
10-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Studies are studies Hon. Who we are and how we act as a person is mostly determined by us.:)

Chickhe
10-02-2012, 09:49 AM
You'll know this kind of study was worthwhile when you go to buy a pair of panties and the sales person measures your fingers to make sure everything will fit properly!

becky77
10-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Mine are the same length. It's all related to hormones in the womb, this ring ratio thing has been going on for ages, not sure if it has any real meaning but it would be interesting to see if any of us have the typical male ratio (longer ring finger than index) and yet still feel the need to feminize. Basically the longer your ring finger compared to index finger, the more testosterone you where exposed to in the womb thats a fact. How that relates to your sexual, mental, health etc Is not really possible to explore as there are so many different factors involved in our growing up.

Karren H
10-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Sound like a class action law suit in the making.... "stretching penis while unconscious" sounds very similar to the date rape drug! lol

Joanne.England
10-02-2012, 10:19 AM
As my english teacher once said, the exception. Proves the rule! Both my ring fingers are longer. I just need some rings nol. LOL

Cheryl T
10-02-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm glad I wasn't the one in the O.R. that they asked to measure all those "members"....stretched or not....lol

NicoleScott
10-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Boy howdy, I'd be mighty upset if I found out that, while I was unconscious, someone was playing with my............fingers.

Tracii G
10-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Another useless study IMO.

docrobbysherry
10-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Hey! This is could be a real info opportunity! I've always wondered if my size was small, average, or above? We call find that out! My index finger is shorter, by the way.

Now, if everyone else will reveal their finger and penis size, I'll start by contributing my "under 6" to this "study"!

BLUE ORCHID
10-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Sound like a class action law suit in the making.... "stretching penis while unconscious" sounds very similar to the date rape drug! lol

I just wonder how I can get in on the class action law .suit

LeaP
10-02-2012, 01:06 PM
It's a well-known sexually dimorphic characteristic, but has no meaning at the granularity of the individual. That's because it naturally varies by individual, of course, but also by other factors such as family, ethnic group, etc. The only meaningful statistic would be whether there is a correlation between CDs (or Trans people, or whatever) and variant ratios.

Foxglove
10-02-2012, 01:08 PM
As George Carlin said (talking about what you can say on TV and what you can't), "You can prick your finger, but you can't finger your prick."

Angela Campbell
10-02-2012, 01:17 PM
What is 2d:4d ??? what does this ratio represent?

Karren H
10-02-2012, 01:26 PM
I just wonder how I can get in on the class action law .suit

You can't get in on this one..... they were unconscious..... you weren't! lol

Stephanie47
10-02-2012, 01:42 PM
'WHILE MOST WOMEN'S INDEX FINGERS ARE THE SAME SIZE OR LONGER THAN THEIR RING FINGERS....."

ALLEULIA! ALLEUILIA!" After all these years it has finally been revealed to me! I'm a cross dresser because I have had female influence on my genetic makeup. Both my index fingers are longer than my ring fingers. For fifty plus years I have searching for the answer. I've climb the highest mountain looking for the cross dressing guru. Now I can clearly point to a sales associate with my index and say this is why I like to wear women's clothing.

Or maybe my index fingers are longer than my ring fingers because my parent's did not have a lot of money and my index fingers were my play guns. Bang! Bang! You're dead.

It's definitely not from picking my nose. I do that with my thumb. No, I don't stick my thumb up my ass!

Annaliese2010
10-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Well...my 2D/4D ratio is 85 mm/95 mm = 0.895. Dunno if having an index finger that's 10.5% shorter than my 4th finger is significant. They don't list numerical data in that article. Interesting point tho.

Lorileah
10-02-2012, 03:22 PM
I think the study is for Korean males.
:Peace: <---fingers look the same to me :)
We can also assume it they were not in for SRS surgery.

MelanieB
10-02-2012, 03:25 PM
What is 2d:4d ??? what does this ratio represent?

It probably represents several thousand dollars worth of wasted research investment by psychologists/scientists with not much else to do.

But my interpretation is:

2d....2 dimensional in all my photos

3d.....Me in normal life

4d.....Once I slip into a nice dress stockings and heels etc...there's the 4th dimension right there

Not sure what all this talk about fingers is though...

Pexetta
10-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I reckon it's got more to do with having your second toe longer than your big toe.

JeanneF
10-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Typical male ratio here, but I certainly would give credence to some chemical imbalance in the womb being the cause of CD/TG/TSness. I certainly would prefer definitive research stating that we're born this way...would help tremendously with human rights issues and shut the right wingers up about it.

luscious
10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
in my kung fu class we use qigong

i CAN TAKE A KICK TO THE GROIN BECAUSE OF THAT!

I can also break coconuts and bricks with my palm and forearm

LeaP
10-02-2012, 03:49 PM
in my kung fu class we use qigong

i CAN TAKE A KICK TO THE GROIN BECAUSE OF THAT!

Well, after the first time or two that this happens, I don't think it matters anymore ...

KellyJameson
10-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Ratios also change based on ethnicity, have been linked to Aspergers as well as the practice of monogamy and prediction of fertility.

A contrast would be between Poland and Finland.

There are many variables that will bring different people to the same place.

Angela Campbell
10-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Ok so my index finger and ring finger are the same length...is that good?

Jamie001
10-02-2012, 07:44 PM
My index finger on both hands is significantly longer than my ring finger.

Cassandra Lynn
10-02-2012, 08:20 PM
You'll know this kind of study was worthwhile when you go to buy a pair of panties and the sales person measures your fingers to make sure everything will fit properly!

Omg Chickie, too funny!

Yeah, this one goes back aways, been around on the various cd/tg sites for awhile, tho it is the first time i've seen it in reference to the penis size tho.

.125 ratio on the right hand and .188 on the left, and absolutely no correlation for the genitalia sadly.
Could you imagine if this were to have happened or suspected to happen in the U.S.???

Angela Campbell
10-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Studies are studies Hon. Who we are and how we act as a person is mostly determined by us.:)

I don't know. I knew there was something different about me from around 4 years old or so. I have tried to be a girl ever since.....I do not think it was really a choice for me. I was born this way.

NicoleScott
10-03-2012, 08:31 AM
So when your date says she wants to read your palm, we know what she's really looking for.

Tina B.
10-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I've done a survey of replies on this site, and have scientific prove that if you are right handed you are more likely to CD, or was that there are more right handed CD, than left handed ones?
Tina B.

ChelseaErtel
10-03-2012, 11:12 AM
My index finger is also longer than my ring finger.

sinderella
10-03-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm more confused now than I was at the beginning of this thread

kendra_gurl
10-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Am I the only one here with both hands having a ring finger almost 3/4 inch longer than my index fingers? As for that being relative to my other digit:heehee: I will just say it can change it's size by more than 300% depending on my mood.

That sure makes tucking a lot easier:o

LeaP
10-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Before anyone gets too excited about this, consider that the average ratio difference between males and females is about 15 or 20 thousands. With a 3" index finger, that translates into an average difference in ring finger length of about 7 hundredths of an inch.

luscious
10-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Penis Size Map Shows How ‘Short’ the United States Falls

AFRICA is # 1 , asia has an honerable mention but the USA is 25TH

Republic of Congo, 7.1
Ecuador, 7
Ghana, 6.8
Colombia, 6.7
Iceland, 6.5
Italy, 6.2
South Africa, 6
Sweden, 5.9
Greece, 5.8
Germany, 5.7
New Zealand, 5.5
UK, 5.5
Canada, 5.5
Spain, 5.5
France, 5.3
Australia, 5.2
Russia, 5.2
USA, 5.1
Ireland, 5
Romania, 5
China, 4.3
India, 4
Thailand, 4
South Korea, 3.8
North Korea, 3.8

http://thestir.cafemom.com/love_sex/144287/penis_size_map_shows_how

Angela Campbell
10-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Penis Size Map Shows How ‘Short’ the United States Falls

AFRICA is # 1 , asia has an honerable mention but the USA is 25TH

Republic of Congo, 7.1
Ecuador, 7
Ghana, 6.8
Colombia, 6.7
Iceland, 6.5
Italy, 6.2
South Africa, 6
Sweden, 5.9
Greece, 5.8
Germany, 5.7
New Zealand, 5.5
UK, 5.5
Canada, 5.5
Spain, 5.5
France, 5.3
Australia, 5.2
Russia, 5.2
USA, 5.1
Ireland, 5
Romania, 5
China, 4.3
India, 4
Thailand, 4
South Korea, 3.8
North Korea, 3.8

http://thestir.cafemom.com/love_sex/144287/penis_size_map_shows_how

yes but the USA was considerably higher before John Holmes died.

sterling12
10-03-2012, 09:09 PM
What's with all this dubious and spurious research coming out of S. Korea? Recently, we had another news item related in our Media Section about The Lifespans of Eunuch's and uncut males from The Korean Royal Family, starting in The 14th Century.

Just a guess, but maybe Academe is based on The American Model, and it's "Publish or Perish." Or perhaps we are getting close to the time to apply for Grants from The Government, and nothing succeeds like a bunch of published papers (could be interpreted instead as a bunch of B.S.) aimed at established some sort of Academic Prestige.

I THOUGHT that garbage, like a lot of other bogus Transgendered Theories, had been discounted long ago. Guess not! Guess somebody is always willing to spew-out worthless material, if they can get someone to publish, and perhaps read it. "The Emperor's New Clothes" may have been a Fairy Tale, but it certainly seems to be applicable time after time, even a couple of centuries later.

Peace and Love, Joanie