PDA

View Full Version : New experience in a drive thru

Torrey
10-02-2012, 04:02 PM
At the last minute at lunch, I swung into the Jack in the Box drive thru. I had my mind on other things until I got to the window and the young lady said, "Here you go ma'am."

Huh...

Okay, nails are done; hair is growing out; both ears are pierced; even though I am not really "out" at work, I dress as femme as I can get away with. Still, it is the first time that I have been addressed as such in what I would best describe as "androgynous" mode.

FYI...Although TS, I have not started hormones.

May(be)
10-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Well, it sounds like congratulations are in order! Although you are not yet on hormones, you must be exuding femininity. Good for you!

RebeccaLynne
10-02-2012, 04:23 PM
At the last minute at lunch, I swung into the Jack in the Box drive thru. I had my mind on other things until I got to the window and the young lady said, "Here you go ma'am."

That in itself should make your day. :)

Okay, nails are done; hair is growing out; both ears are pierced; even though I am not really "out" at work, I dress as femme as I can get away with. Still, it is the first time that I have been addressed as such in what I would best describe as "androgynous" mode.

May have been your voice when ordering, or maybe the cashier was quick to recognize the physical clues... I'd be flattered!

FYI...Although TS, I have not started hormones.

Appears you've cleared the presentation hurdle; the next step is up to you... whatever you decide, may it be the best possible outcome!

bridget thronton
10-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Always nice when folks acknowledge you leaking gender

heatherdress
10-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Good for you, Torrey. It must have made your day. I intend to go to Jack in the Box instead of Taco Bell in your honor ASAP.

BLUE ORCHID
10-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Well ma'am, It sounds like that you are out there now.

Leah Lynn
10-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Now that is way cool! Congratulations are in order.

Cynthia Anne
10-02-2012, 06:24 PM
It just doesn't get much better then that! Have fun!

Torrey
10-02-2012, 07:14 PM
It just doesn't get much better then that! Have fun!
I was giddy all afternoon!!

Good story. Short. Succinct. To the point. I like that.
Points for brevity? YAY!! Bet you like Hemingway ;)

Now that is way cool! Congratulations are in order.
Thank you

Well ma'am, It sounds like that you are out there now.
Yes, yes it does

Good for you, Torrey. It must have made your day. I intend to go to Jack in the Box instead of Taco Bell in your honor ASAP.
...and I shall visit ;)

Appears you've cleared the presentation hurdle; the next step is up to you... whatever you decide, may it be the best possible outcome!
Yes, thank you!