PDA

View Full Version : Dress or Frock?

Alice Torn
10-02-2012, 04:12 PM
When i hear the term "frocked", i picture priests being
'defrocked". When i hear the term "dress", i think of an attractive lady garment. I just don't like the word frock. How about you? Are you a "crossfrocker"?

EllenJo
10-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Dress, absolutely. I never liked the term Frock. Not so much because of the religious thing, just did not like the word. In college, many moons ago, the baseball team that I was on put on a charity event and our part was a dance review with all of us in drag. We called it "Jocks In Frocks". Looking back I know how much I enjoyed dressing up and I don't think I was the only one.

Julie Denier
10-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Frock's OK now and then for variety in a narrative. Like they said in "Risky Business," sometimes you just gotta say, what the frock ;)

Angela Campbell
10-02-2012, 06:22 PM
My brother worked for a stone mason for a while....he used a forklift to take the morter to the masons.....he was a morter forker....

RitaJanelle1964
10-02-2012, 06:26 PM
I think frock bugs me because it rhymes with crock. Dress sounds more femme to me...

Cynthia Anne
10-02-2012, 06:33 PM
I get agitated I say frock it!
Morter forker!! Now that is getting out there!
I love to dress in a dress!

Anna B
10-02-2012, 06:40 PM
"Frock" seems to be a word from the early 20th century. My preferred style of dress is from the latter half of the 20th century so I prefer "dress"!

reb.femme
10-02-2012, 07:14 PM
When i hear the term "frocked", i picture priests being
'defrocked". When i hear the term "dress", i think of an attractive lady garment. I just don't like the word frock. How about you? Are you a "crossfrocker"?

A frock was something my nan wore and she was born in the 1890s.
DRESS it is!

Reb

wilt575
10-02-2012, 07:23 PM
To me, saying frock for a dress is like saying knickers for panties it doesn't seem to sound correct like matie for friend.

Leslie Langford
10-02-2012, 07:35 PM
My brother worked for a stone mason for a while....he used a forklift to take the morter to the masons.....he was a morter forker....

That reminds me of a cartoon I saw in Playboy years ago depicting an accident between a passenger vehicle and an 18-wheeler which had the logo "Mother Tucker's Pies" emblazoned on its side. The truck driver had both hands firmly around the neck of the other driver, who was plaintively crying out something along the lines of, "No! No! You misunderstood! I said "You Mother truckers are all the same..." ;)