PDA

View Full Version : Walked city park, 2 times!

JamieQ
10-02-2012, 05:38 PM
:)I left for college and I thought I would go by the city park and see if the gate was unlocked eventhough it was only 5:45 or so. It was unlocked and about 6 cars there already. I seen two guys walking and since it is so well lit I decided to walk in the skirt (no shorts btw)and gray hoodie I already had on. I walked a round and I did not realize the guys were so close behind me. I could really hear them talking but I could not make out what they were saying. They ended up way closer behind me than I judged.
Went up the way and stopped at another city park, now about 6:45. It too was open, but no one there. It too is well lit and right by a major state hwy that goes through a town of population 1000 or so and cars had full view going by. I had the most relaxing walk I have ever had. I can not even describe how good I felt. It is as if all my bones and muscles finally relaxed. I stopped back there on my way back from college after making a store stop in my nursing scrubs to change into my skirt. There were about 4-5 cars there and a few people walking. I parked and made the way to the restroom to change, came out not caring who I would encounter... it does seem to be getting easier but I am aware that a bad experience may unexpectedly pop up. I just wanted to share a few happy moments and thoughts...) Amanda

Wildaboutheels
10-02-2012, 05:47 PM
BRAVAO Amanda! Looks like "society" accepted. Which is almost ALWAYS the case. You went for a walk in a park and enjoyed yourself.

It gets easier every time. I'm betting you're one cat that will never be put back in the bag.

JamieQ
10-02-2012, 05:54 PM
BRAVAO Amanda! Looks like "society" accepted. Which is almost ALWAYS the case. You went for a walk in a park and enjoyed yourself.

It gets easier every time. I'm betting you're one cat that will never be put back in the bag.

You could not have said it better...I do plan on walking alot in sweatpants, etc too alternating with the camo skirt when my wig comes in. I want people to get used to that girl they see walking. Meanwhile i just pull the hood over my head and go on...

Kaz
10-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Amanda, just be careful on your 'outings'... start small and build big. Isn't it just brilliant though... the feeling? Like you said... you get to that point where everything relaxes and you are 'in the zone' - the most amazing experience!

It does get easier everytime, but then you will get overconfident and you may or may not get a bad experience. My advice if you do is to walk away and get straight back into the fray...

Being out in the open is totally addictive... xx

JamieQ
10-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Amanda, just be careful on your 'outings'... start small and build big. Isn't it just brilliant though... the feeling? Like you said... you get to that point where everything relaxes and you are 'in the zone' - the most amazing experience!

It does get easier everytime, but then you will get overconfident and you may or may not get a bad experience. My advice if you do is to walk away and get straight back into the fray...

Being out in the open is totally addictive... xx Yes... I do think I may be getting a bit overconfident too quick...

toriwilliams
10-02-2012, 05:59 PM
:) congratulations amanda. a simple walk in public out dress can be so uplifting, so glad you enjoyed. keep it up and keep pushing the boundaries. :) tori

BLUE ORCHID
10-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi Amanda, Tuck a can of pepper spray in your purse.

MissyDuskGG
10-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Hey Amanda. Congrats on being more confident with yourself in public. You might want to consider self-defense, in case anything happens

Cynthia Anne
10-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Good for you Amanda! Enjoy yourself when and all you can!

JamieQ
10-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks all... I see that I may have let my guard down concerning protection/self defense. I basically moved from small town in Spain to San Antonio to Miami (I went out at night alot, but as guy) and then to these little bitty towns in the lower Midwest. They seem more safer but I do know that alot of unexpected real bad stuff can happen to people. Its in the news everyday and no one seems exempt from it... guy walking in park or woman walking in park...:):thumbsup: