PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Harry
10-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Hi
Im 23 years and new to this forum. I have been shaving my legs for the past three years and occassionaly going out for walks and shopping wearing shorts but in my male attire. I have beard which i cannot remove due to religious reasons.
The maximum ive done is that ive worn shorts with shaved legs and went shopping for skirts and shorts but in male attire but never worn skirts in public.
I would love to wear skirts and dresses, apply makeup and pass as a girl but removing hair from the whole body is the issue as i cant due to religious reasons.

Please help!! How can i pass as a girl?? Or how to hide the beard without shaving?

Beverley Sims
10-02-2012, 11:16 PM
It is very difficult to pass as a woman without shaving.
You will be open to ridicule so much that I think you had better confine your activities to indoors.

Davena Doll
10-02-2012, 11:20 PM
I dont think to much woman look good with a beard. Maybe you can find a religion where woman wear beards.

heatherdress
10-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Explore masks. You can be intriguing.

docrobbysherry
10-03-2012, 12:11 AM
I have a beard and stash in nearly all my pics, Harry. Including those u see here. I wear masks when I dress. And, I have on rare occasion worn them out. But, I could never pass! Could u be satisfied looking fem in your mirror?

angpai30
10-03-2012, 12:48 AM
Not even real women who have beards at first glance are considered women until they get a closer look and realize they are women and their hair growth is just insane. The facial features that you would see that are feminine would more than likely require you shave you're beard, which you have already stated that you cannot do because of religious reason, which inately puts you in a rough position as you wish to look feminine, but yet still keep you're beard. I would probably google something like that to see if there is any answer to you're question as I and as it seems most of the women here do not have an answer.

Angela

Jenniferathome
10-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Come on. Hide a beard? Short of a penis, there is nothing more male than a beard and you cannot hide it. You know that. Short of a Burhka, you are stuck my friend.

helena.gcd
10-03-2012, 03:10 AM
i would try a mask and a wig. some girls here do it.

Cynthia Anne
10-03-2012, 06:48 AM
I do not get into religious matters; but sometimes when you can't please everyone you got to please yourself! Just saying!

Diversity
10-03-2012, 06:49 AM
Hi Harry,
I would agree with Beverley Sim's comments. You won't easily pass as a female if you don't shave. Perhaps in light of this, you may enjoy CD'ing around your home.
Wish you well.
Di

BLUE ORCHID
10-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Hi Harry, It sounds like sherry may have your only answer.

Tina B.
10-03-2012, 08:28 AM
We have gentlemen here that don't try to pass, just wear womens clothing and let it go at that, mask might be ok at home, but they won't get you very far in public.
Tina B.

Harry
10-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Thanx people for supporting! I just go out wearing shorts with shaved legs, which feels great and dress properly at home when no one is around. This is going on for a year now. But i want to take a step further.
I feel trapped for not able to go out in public :sad:

NicoleScott
10-03-2012, 08:42 AM
What religion is it that prohibits shaving a beard but allows crossdressing? Just curious.

Stephenie S
10-03-2012, 09:18 AM
A couple of points here:

We have a few member here on this forum who DO go out "dressed" with a beard. It's not at all impossible. What's IS impossible is to expect that anyone will see you as female with a beard. It can't be done sweetie. Others will see you as exactly what you are, a man who likes to wear women's clothes. What's wrong with that? That's what you are, right?

You could wear a mask like doc. That's perfectly doable also.

But in all seriousness, I think Jenny had the best idea. A Burhka. You won't have to shave anywhere. You can stay true to your religion (what ever that is), and dress however you like. No one but you will know.

So don't give up hope. Going out "dressed" is well within your grasp.

Stephie

sinderella
10-03-2012, 10:08 AM
What religion is it that prohibits shaving a beard but allows crossdressing? Just curious. This is the obvious question here...and why adhere to one aspect and not the other? My father is a Baptist preacher and I realized a long time ago that his judgement of me is not the one that matters. Is your reason for not shaving is a fear of judgement of your peers or family? I'm just curious.

Shdow_dragoness
10-03-2012, 10:29 AM
The two religions I know of with this facade of the beard is Muslim and Judaism. Though I am still confused on the REAL reason for it. Although, there will be some problems for trying to pass as feminine with a beard. Sometimes in order to fulfill your inner being, you have got to do things that may seem taboo. We all are fulfilling our inner beings here. We girls here are far from taboo. If anyone asks, just say you have a mole on your face and have a hormonal imbalance. That what I said will throw them for a loop along with the bewildered and shocked look on their faces. Then walk away to a remote location and laugh hysterically at the stupefied looks. I know it's mean but, I can't help having fun with the ignorant masses. Seriously though, look inside yourself and see what your soul yearns for to make it whole (not indulge it), then follow that path even if it is blasphemous or questionable. Do you have any idea how many people WERE in your position?

STACY B
10-03-2012, 10:31 AM
This is the obvious question here...and why adhere to one aspect and not the other? My father is a Baptist preacher and I realized a long time ago that his judgement of me is not the one that matters. Is your reason for not shaving is a fear of judgement of your peers or family? I'm just curious.

Yea,,,,,,,, Thanx alot !! Now ya tell me ,,, No Dam Wonder I get all those CRAZY LOOKS !!!!

May(be)
10-03-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm not going to attempt to make any assumptions about your religion here, only to suggest that you check out one of the "members-only" boards called "Mental and Physical Well-Being - Religious Discussion Group". I suggest this because it seems to me that there could be a deep struggle between who you think you are and who your religion thinks you should be. I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds or assuming too much (I know very little about you), but gender dysphoria can be difficult to reconcile with certain religions. You're new to the board so I assume that you may not have heard of this group.

As far as beauty tips, I haven't any. Sorry. There are some creative and practical answers on this thread already that I think you'd be wise to heed.

Stephanie47
10-03-2012, 10:59 AM
The only answer I could come up with is dressing in a burqa. You would be able to wear all of the undergarments of a woman; bra, panties, full slip, hosiery and heels. Wearing a burqa could pose a problem in some areas due to prejudice. However in some areas there may be a significant number of Muslim women and you would be unnoticed. The head covering would conceal all but your eyes and I've seen some pictures of burquas where the eyes are even covered with some mesh. I realize there are other faiths, such as Sikhism, where wearing a beard has religious significance. I do not know if passing yourself of a part of a religion of which you are not a part is appropriate. However, trying to pass as a woman is considered to be inappropriate by the vast majority of society.

Alice Torn
10-03-2012, 11:07 AM
You sound like you are of the Sikh religion Harry, a very peaceful people. Like you, i have fear about going out, but for different religios reasons. I am too tall, and live in a town where many would know me. I can only say, stay in the closet, or use a mask, maybe at night, but, then, the police may be checking .

sterling12
10-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Well, Harry could be Amish? Once they become adults, Amish men are expected to grow a beard. I'm actually learning from you all about a much larger group of religion's that require facial hair. A much larger group than I ever suspected!

I think your stuck with it kid! It's either give up that religion or be The Bearded Lady. That is, if the pressure to become more femme gets to be too much. That often happens as you get older, so you might be expecting such an occurrence. Good Luck, I think you do have a serious problem!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Elle1946
10-03-2012, 01:03 PM
I hate to say this but I think that you are out of luck in this situtation.

sinderella
10-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Amish...well you're all set then, as long as thy wear a bonnet and plain dress all shall be well then :D just kidding of course

famousunknown
10-03-2012, 04:51 PM
A mask is a very bad idea. You end up looking like the guy from Texas Chainsaw Massacre or people think you're trying to rob them. Shave the beard and find a new religion.

DonniDarkness
10-03-2012, 05:11 PM
There are ways to hide facial hair.

Search you tube for gluesticking eyebrows.

The same method can be used for light facial hair, There was a DQ in Ru pauls show that had a mustache. But that only works at the 20ft mark.

If you have heavy, long facial hair this method isnt going to work. Doc robby sherry has a great site he can hook you up with for concealing your face altogether. But masks are masks.

Some members dress at home and just show body shots of themselves while they are dressed

There are crossdressers out there who rock beards tho, you could start a new trend!

That guys Awesome!

-Donni-

famousunknown
10-03-2012, 05:40 PM
There are crossdressers out there who rock beards tho, you could start a new trend!

That's not a trend and never will be. It's a carnival side show.

May(be)
10-03-2012, 05:45 PM
That's not a trend and never will be. It's a carnival side show.

YOWZA! Be careful who you call a carnival side show. You have just insulted a number of users on this forum.

famousunknown
10-03-2012, 06:27 PM
YOWZA! Be careful who you call a carnival side show. You have just insulted a number of users on this forum.

Sorry, but nothing personal intended toward anyone. This is just basically the way most people have always seen it.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrzncgnE621qa70eyo1_500.jpg

Confetti
10-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Sigh how about a habib? or a carelfully draped scarf, all I know, if your going for more a senior lady look trim the beard back and bleach it to match your skin tone go with colder seasons you could rock it with a high wrapped scarf.

Roberta Marie
10-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Harry,

I identify as being in the middle of the gender spectrum. For some time I have been feeling almost as uncomfortable while dressed totally en femme as I do totally in guy mode. Lately I have been venturing out presenting in the middle. I've been out wearing women's jeans, shorts, or capris and tshirt, breast forms, but no wig or makeup. While I do not have a beard (I shaved my mustache 5 years ago), I do have a heavy beard shadow. I have had no problems when presenting in the middle, other than a few odd looks, but not much more than when I present totally en femme. When I dress en femme, I don't pass anyway.

We all have our own paths to follow and choices to make as we follow those paths. Those choices are influenced by many things, including what makes us comfortable and our religion. You have to make the best choices for you that will help you along the path that you are meant to follow.

PS. Those that would judge you for the choices that you make because of your faith are probably ignorant of what it means to have faith.

Lainie
10-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I've had a handlebar mustache for 40 years and have been going out dressed en femme for a decade in Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Boston, the Hague. No problem. People smile. Very few are uncomfortable.

You might wear a veil & Muslim women's clothes? I just wear age-appropriate outfits, no makeup except nail polish. Sometimes shaved legs, sometimes tights.

Jenny Gurl
10-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Maybe you could get a professional looking fake beard. Then you could shave it off and look like a proper lady, and dress as a guy in a beard when you want as well. Good luck, it sounds like quite the challenge. I use to have a mustache, but shaved it when I admitted to myself there was no way for me to feel feminine with it, and l told myself lots of guys don't have facial hair. Then I told myself lots of guys don't have body hair, and my life changed even more.....