PDA

View Full Version : Dresses, Masculinity and Femininity

emmicd
11-23-2005, 11:34 PM
For the heterosexual crossdresser does wearing a dress on occasion or silk panties make you feel less masculine or is it just a way of gaining an appreciation of femininity?

emmi

KatieZ
11-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Yes

Hugs

emmicd
11-23-2005, 11:41 PM
I crossdress on occasion but am more casual. I don't get real dressed up since I am married to a woman I love. But one thing I did realize is that even when I got all dressed up in my single days at home, "All dressed up and no where to go" I did not feel it was a threat to my masculinity at all.

It was just a way of learning more about how it may feel to be feminine.

I think most heterosexual crossdressers feel no threat to their masculinity at all. They just like to dress up in a feminine way sometimes but they are a 100% male and they love women.

emmi

Phoebe Reece
11-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Emmi, that is kind of like saying: If I stick my hand in hot water is it making my hand less cold or is it making it hot? If the choice is between less masculine or more feminine, aren't you just moving in the same direction on the TG spectrum? Maybe, like the beings who received the answer from Deep Thought to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything (the answer being 42), I just don't really know what the question is.

JennyCD
11-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Phoebe, loved the Douglas Adams reference!

The problem with the question here is that somehow we must be one or the other (the femme taking away frm the masculine). For many, myself included, I am totally masculine, but also have a femme side. It's all part of the total package.

In my guy mode, I am very much male. I have a very strong, muscular build and have no lack of confidence in myself at all.

My femme side however is also very much a natural part of myself, but one in which I have far less confidence and am very unsure of myself.

I don't think it's really a "one or the other" thing. It's who I am. My femme side doesn't take anything away from my masculine side. If anything, it's the other way around.

Honestly, I think somehow our brains are just wired a little differently with regard to gender. While I am very much a male, I am also very much a female even if I don't yet know how, or allow myself to, express that part. Insanity comes from not being able to come to grips with who we are.

Deanna2
11-24-2005, 02:51 AM
I'm with Jenny on this. First, I've been a Hitchhiker's fan ever since it came out on TV years ago. Secondly I don't turn into a woman because I put on a dress. Actually I prefer (mini) skirts and camis which I think are far more femme. My thoughts are to enjoy wearing femme gear (either just a few items or even the whole get up), not to be female.

Kierci
11-24-2005, 03:10 AM
Emmi I do believe you said it best :iagree:

Karyn
11-24-2005, 03:41 AM
I'm with Jenny on this one. Karyn is a completely different persona than my normal self. Karyn enjoys being as feminine as she can, but that doesn't take away from masculinity when I'm not Karyn. It's really a way to have two different ways of feeling and being.

necta
11-24-2005, 04:11 AM
It is because I am 100% sure of my masculinity that I feel able to [mentally] freely explore and enjoy my feminine traits. I don't feel more or less feminine or masculine when dressed in feminine attire. I just feel like.. me.

Lotte L
11-24-2005, 05:23 AM
When I'm CD then the feeling is a la femme.

Lotte L

Raychel
11-24-2005, 08:21 AM
I think most heterosexual crossdressers feel no threat to their masculinity at all. They just like to dress up in a feminine way sometimes but they are a 100% male and they love women.

emmi

Emmi said it best for me. I don't feel any less of a man when dressed. I love women just as much as I love the feeling of their clothes.

Wendy me
11-24-2005, 08:21 AM
i dress the way i feel and don't get all hung up on why's for me it's more just being me than anythig ......

TGMarla
11-24-2005, 09:41 AM
I'll put in another vote for Jenny here, too. It's unlikely I could say it any better. Dressing doesn't change me one bit. When I'm in guy mode (which is most of the time), I usually have the urge on one level or another to dress. This urge is probably there simply because I enjoy being dressed so much. When I'm dressed, I really love it, but have an eventual need to get back to guy mode. Both are always present in me. My personality doesn't sway wildly like a pendulumback and forth between two personas.

I'm pretty stable, ..........

..........I think...

What's that, Mother? ..........You'd like some tea........?

NO, MOTHER! THEY'RE VERY NICE PEOPLE!........................

Ms. Laura
11-24-2005, 09:57 AM
This is a very interesting topic. I think, for me, dressing is an opportunity to "cast off" my masculinity, which I feel is a burden sometimes. I have to be totally dressed for that and I gain a sense of peace that I'm not battling the world. Maybe its just my own view of masculinity. I wouldn't give it up but it's nice to take a break!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dragster
11-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Emmi, I don't feel any less masculine when I wear anything feminine either, but I sure feel excited, sexually (still at 61 years!). If my wife wasn't so anti, maybe I'd have done the whole thing with wig and make-up etc. and walked out of the door by now. I really want to look convincing, but I think that under the clothes, I'll still be a bloke in a dress. If I ever get the chance, I'll let you know how I feel!

Tony