PDA

View Full Version : A visit with my daughter....part deux

KatieZ
11-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Story continued from this thread: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17585

I just got off the phone with my daughter. I had called to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving and we chatted for a bit. Then I asked her about our last conversation and how long ago had her Mom told her about why we split up.
I was shocked to find out that she has known for ELEVEN years! Just to make sure I asked her if what her Mom told her involved clothes. She said yes. WOW 11 years she has known and I never had a clue. We talked on both agreeing that this was much more comfortable for both of us talking about it on the phone rather than face to face. We talked for over an hour and she told me that she had talked to her friends about it and her husband and they were all ok with it. One of her friends was totally fascinated by it and kept asking questions for a couple of years. I told her that I go out dressed and some of the places I go. She said that I may run into some of her friends there as some of them frequent the same places. She told me how she snooped around and found my makeup and stuff. She is fine with it herself although she doesn't really understand it. I explained it as best I could and asked if she would read up on it if I sent her some factual material. She said she would. She told me how when she was younger and would go back to her Moms after a weekend here how they would go on about me and they made her feel guilty for standing up for me. She started crying about that. I told her how much that meant to me and thanked her for being my friend through it all and that I loved her very much. She said your still my Dad and I love you no matter what. I was nearly in tears by then.

What a relief this was getting it out in the open with the one person I love and care about most in this world.

Kids....ain't they grand!!

*what's that I see behind me? Oh it's just the smoke and embers from that big ol' bridge I just crossed*

Hugs

Phoebe Reece
11-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Kids always seem to know a lot more than we give them credit for. It is heartwarming to see the way she stood up for you. For most kids, Dad is just Dad, no matter what. Thanks for finishing the story.

Lauren_T
11-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Now, that is truly excellent. It would seem that you did a pretty good job of parenting there. :thumbsup: :)

Holly
11-24-2005, 01:50 AM
Katie, your well on your way with your daughter. I think youi're doing all the righ things. Just make sure you check any CD resources she may be using. There's just too much wrong information out there. I hope this relationship with your daughter continues to grow and flourish. Good luck, dear.

Adrianne
11-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Katie that is the best thanksgiving present you can ever have, i am so happy for you sweetie. I wish all the luck for the future and you have a wonderful daughter.

obsessedwithpantyhose
11-24-2005, 07:37 AM
tell her to visit THIS site for info about REAL cds

RachelDenise
11-24-2005, 07:49 AM
What a wonderful duaghter! It probably has something to do with her father! You've done well, my dear. Can I ask you for some parenting tips with my daughter?

Wendy me
11-24-2005, 08:09 AM
way cool that you talked with her abought you kids are greate .....

ChristineRenee
11-24-2005, 08:13 AM
That's a heartwarming story Katie...so happy for you. Thanks for sharing it with us.;):)

TGMarla
11-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Whew! I just LOVE a happy ending. And I'm very happy for you, Katie.

KatieZ
11-27-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanx for the kind words ladies.

I have sent her some info from tri-ess, but still looking for more.

I saw on another thread about the upcoming HBO special (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18353 ) and will definately be sending her info on that. Wish I could see that one myself.

Hugs

paulaN
11-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Katie I would say your parenting skills are very good and you daughter is one heck of a girl. You are very lucky. That was one Thanksgiving to give thanks for.

Sarahgurl371
11-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Katie,
Wonderful story, You have a great daughter. I was almost in tears reading about it. Good thing it was a longer or more descriptive post. LOL. Acceptance by those we love is so important to us, and it looks like you have it from your daughter. Good for you!