PDA

View Full Version : Let's recognize

Michelle V
10-03-2012, 04:44 PM
There is another post going on experiences in public while shopping for girl stuff. I suggested we should come up with a signal or a code to recognize each other and know it is ok to be approached in public or to approach others without repercussions and knowing our intentions are good. I know I would live to met others in public and have a normal time shopping with a buddy or approach someone shopping for their girl-self and not freak them out. My wife sometime ago suggested something like that, like putting a sticker on our car that only real cross-dressers would identify with, I have to admit now it is not a bad idea. Anyone?

barbaraclothes
10-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Sounds like a great plan. BUT... How long would it take for the stickers to basically point a finger at us ???

Michelle V
10-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Jeez ten views and no answers, really? I guess I shall continue to ignore my brother/sisters in arms, shame, I still welcome ideas, think about it it would be like a spy novel, except no one gets hurt.

Cindy M
10-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Sounds like a great plan. BUT... How long would it take for the stickers to basically point a finger at us ???

Exactly what I was thinking

Michelle V
10-03-2012, 05:12 PM

Would that be too bad, I mean gay groups and transexual groups have gotten organized, yes it took them time and heartaches but it was worth it, for the most part people either accept them or ignore them, I would not mind to be labeled or having a finger pointed at me as long as I was not alone, as long as I could look around and recognize others like me, that's how we would get recognized as part of the society and not as individuals in hiding.

May(be)
10-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Secret handshake? Maybe we should flash gang signs? I was surprised to learn while walking by another CD that we aren't always happy to see each other. I don't really understand why. That encounter was pretty surreal.

I'm reluctant for anything like a sticker. Just another way to make ourselves targets. However, if we were to roll in a motorcycle gang together, full-back patches on leather jackets would be pretty hardcore.

May(be)
10-03-2012, 05:19 PM
that's how we would get recognized as part of the society and not as individuals in hiding.

There's a tautology that exists for crossdressers. On the one hand we want to be acknowledged and accepted for who we are. On the other hand, we try our hardest to blend in and not to be perceived as anything other than female. It's a catch-22.

pippinfort
10-03-2012, 05:26 PM
However, if we were to roll in a motorcycle gang together, full-back patches on leather jackets would be pretty hardcore.

I will get the bike cleaned over the weekend just in case....

Marie-Elise
10-03-2012, 05:52 PM
I have wondered about a transgendered logo. Just because I see myself as having two genders but one sex.

Michelle V
10-03-2012, 05:54 PM
There's a tautology that exists for crossdressers. On the one hand we want to be acknowledged and accepted for who we are. On the other hand, we try our hardest to blend in and not to be perceived as anything other than female. It's a catch-22.

It is a catch 22, but wouldn't you agree it would be great to be out and meet others like us without the pressure of trying to decipher their intentions, I can dream can't I?

GaleWarning
10-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Woman, oh woman, oh woman!
What have we been smoking today?
Two silly posts, one after the other.
Better log out CF.

Michelle V
10-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Woman, oh woman, oh woman!
What have we been smoking today?
Two silly posts, one after the other.
Better log out CF.

Not a smoker, just frustrated with people and acceptance I really really want to feel accepted, one of those days, oh well, back to reality, thanks for bursting my bubble:(

Tina B.
10-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Michelle, it's been proposed time and time again on this site, and it's a good idea, as soon as we figure out how to get 100,000 of us to keep a secret. Even many of the girls that are out and about, don't want to share that knowledge with just anyone. If you want to meet someone try joining a Trans group in your area, there it's a save environment, and who knows, you just might find that shopping buddy you long to find. As for me, the last time I was approached in the womens section, it was store security, I guess I lingered to long long there, and they where worried, but even they didn't approach me, just stayed back and watched me shop.
Tina B.

Michelle V
10-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Michelle, it's been proposed time and time again on this site, and it's a good idea, as soon as we figure out how to get 100,000 of us to keep a secret. Even many of the girls that are out and about, don't want to share that knowledge with just anyone. If you want to meet someone try joining a Trans group in your area, there it's a save environment, and who knows, you just might find that shopping buddy you long to find. As for me, the last time I was approached in the womens section, it was store security, I guess I lingered to long long there, and they where worried, but even they didn't approach me, just stayed back and watched me shop.
Tina B.

Give up!! I guess you are right, shame though, we are all adults and mostly on this boat together, damn shame. Oh we'll at least I got a few responses from some of you and that is appreciated it. Thanks.

famousunknown
10-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Singling people out and labeling them? I think this was tried back in the early 1940's in Germany. It didn't work out.

larry
10-03-2012, 07:11 PM
If we ever meet while shopping in the ladies section just wink with your left eye and I will wink back with my right eye--hehe
Then we could have coffee..

Nancy (PA)
10-03-2012, 07:13 PM
How about shopping on a particular day, at a particular time?

Lainie
10-03-2012, 07:17 PM
But CD & TG people are really rare. I've confidently ID'd very few. If you absolutely pass so no one would ever know, and you see a man wearing a handlebar mustache and a dress, just come up and say "hi, Lainie!". Then I'll know you're secretly TG, and we can chat. I won't let on that we didn't know each other before.

Dawn cd
10-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Are you looking for a sign? Well, when you see a guy alone in the dress department, or poking around racks of women's blouses, that's a pretty sure sign. The delicate part is making an approach that doesn't scare him off. It must come across as practical and not overly friendly. So sidle up to the same rack of blouses and suddenly say, "Y'now, what we really need is a men's store that sells women's clothes."

Leah Lynn
10-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Nice idea, but some good arguments against it. I think it would be neat, though, to pull into the parking lot at the mall, see a car with the secret decal, and know I may run into a sister inside.

Wait! Hold the phone! There was a recent thread about pantyhose! If they're wearing pantyhose they HAVE to be one of us!

denese
10-03-2012, 07:56 PM
i have always thought that this sites logo was a good sign. be it a sticker, pin or whatever. for those in the know we would know what it means. to answer someone who asks what it means you can answer that you support the equality of men and women. this is what the yin-yang means i believe, equality. thank you.

Amanda_P
10-03-2012, 08:09 PM
It would have to be something in pink

Jilmac
10-03-2012, 08:18 PM
I have often thought that the Yin Yang logo we have in our crossdressers.com heading would be a universally recognized sign. It could be worn inconspicously as a ring, pin, or medallion. Perhaps some aspiring entrepreneur could make and market something of that type. Just a little food for thought.

Megan Briana
10-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I have often thought that the Yin Yang logo we have in our crossdressers.com heading would be a universally recognized sign. It could be worn inconspicously as a ring, pin, or medallion. Perhaps some aspiring entrepreneur could make and market something of that type. Just a little food for thought.

This is actually a very good idea. No doubt, some young MBA will come up with the plan too. I'd buy that sticker to make him rich. seriously though, the idea has some real merit. I think it would be great to pull in somewhere and know there is a sister nearby.

Karren H
10-03-2012, 08:44 PM
I run into very few other potential crossdressers in the ladies departments over the years and attempts to contact them have all met with failure.... mainly they get scared off and run away.... I've gone shopping with a few cd friends locally and its a lot of fun.....

Michelle V
10-03-2012, 08:48 PM
i have always thought that this sites logo was a good sign. be it a sticker, pin or whatever. for those in the know we would know what it means. to answer someone who asks what it means you can answer that you support the equality of men and women. this is what the yin-yang means i believe, equality. thank you.

I like that, simple but elegant, good one!

The more I see the logo the more I like the idea, who do we talk to, I'm sure there's got to be a TM somewhere, really excited about people getting on board.

NathalieX66
10-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Macy's & all the other mall stores treat me great when I'm in full girl mode. .....never had a problem.
I have fond memories of asking a SA at Macy's for my size in a pair of knee boots, and she treated me pretty cool.
I don't need any special code. I'm a woman like all other women.

Did I drift off topic here?

BLUE ORCHID
10-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Hi Michelle, Be careful what you wish for it may not end well.

A bunch of Red Necks may find out about the secret ID

PretzelGirl
10-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Well, I agree that many don't want to be walked up on as it can be a confidence killer. But for those that don't care, you can just wear some identifying jewelry, Who knows, other people may ask what it means and you are able to give a lesson. Maybe something like this:

http://ayor-jewelry.com/transgenderjewelry.php

BTW, if you see someone wearing that one in Utah, you can say hi to me. I am cool with it.

Michelle V
10-03-2012, 10:23 PM
http://ayor-jewelry.com/transgenderjewelry.php

I like it but not nearly as much as OUR logo, I think it is s sign of belonging, we are part of a much larger entity, but also by taking part of this forum where we support and listen to each other we form a much closer community, it would be nice to be identify as such out in the real world.

GaleWarning
10-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Here's the thing, Michelle ...
Why on earth would you CHOOSE to label yourself as someone who is different?

It's bad enough to be forced to carry labels around, as the Jews were in occupied Germany, the Netherlands, France etc.
Or to be made to carry a pass around with you, as black South Africans were during the Apartheid era.

Surely if we are campaigning to be accepted by mainsteam society, we ought to be striving for complete equality.
The freedom to go about our business without fear of being compartmentalised, abused or violated seems to me to compromised, if we ourselves try to impose labels of recognition on one another.

The most charitable thing I might say is that you are very lucky NOT be have been forced to wear or carry or do anything which sets you apart from other members of society.

Melissa73
10-03-2012, 10:52 PM
fyi, something similiar was proposed a few yrs ago. But was a friday event, of wearing a rubberband on ur left hand to identify urself as a crossdresser, without saying anything. I dont know if it took, (obliviosly not!).

Michelle V
10-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Why on earth would you CHOOSE to label yourself as someone who is different?

Dear Clayfish:
I believe you have misinterpreted my intentions, in fact you are way off the mark. It has nothing to do with labels or advertising who we are, is a way to bring us together, is about unity and acceptance, I want to know that there are people out there with me who think like me, who suffer the same as me because of lack of acceptance and to let them know that there are more of us out there willing to lend a hand, a shoulder or and ear if needed.
We are who we are and unfortunately that is different, there is no changing who we are, I've read many post where people attempt to quit their dressing just to find out they can't. Most of us on this site have accepted ourselves for who we are, many of us have family and friends that support us or at least tolerate our difference, but outside our close group of people that know about our differences we have no one else to relate to. You and I know there are many man out there that suffer in silence, who have families and spouses who will never accept, much less support their lifestyle. That is the only reason I would like to "label" myself a cross-dresser out in the real world in the safest way possible, the only thing I can think of right now is using the very symbol created by the site that keeps bringing people like us together.

My family is number one to me and if I would never place my children or my wife in a bad situation, if I knew that going out with a mark would target me or my family I would never do it, that's why I am her discussing the topic on a forum that has proven time and time again to be safe. We choose to be a part of this forum to find and give support to others like us, I simply want to take it out to the real world and have a chance to see like minded people out there.

Michelle V
10-03-2012, 11:22 PM
fyi, something similiar was proposed a few yrs ago. But was a friday event, of wearing a rubberband on ur left hand to identify urself as a crossdresser, without saying anything. I dont know if it took, (obliviosly not!).

That would be nice but it would have to be very specific, after all there are hundreds out there.

Cynthia Anne
10-03-2012, 11:27 PM
The first thing that came to my mind when I read your thread Michelle was our logo here! Rather it be bumper stickers, tattoos or a sign on your back or all ten, shouldn't make a difference! Thousands of people know the logo!
btw; The thing that po's me are the ones who run down REDNECKS for I 'R' one!

Michelle V
10-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Like I said I don't want to let this one go, I was ready to go to the mall and have a kiosk where they do stickers for cars do this site's logo for me. I thought about it and I would prefer to bring some sort of revenue to this site, I contacted the site's monitors to inquired about the use of the logo, I think the people who created this place deserve some sort of recognition. Thank you.

Michelle V
10-03-2012, 11:34 PM
The first thing that came to my mind when I read your thread Michelle was our logo here! Rather it be bumper stickers, tattoos or a sign on your back or all ten, shouldn't make a difference! Thousands of people know the logo!
btw; The thing that po's me are the ones who run down REDNECKS for I 'R' one!

And I am sure you are not the only redneck that enjoys being feminine, wouldn't you like to know who else in your neck of the woods does too? If not for curiosity at least for support.

JenniferR771
10-03-2012, 11:37 PM
I did met a sister crossdresser a few years ago. I was looking at the dresses in drab at Goodwill, when I tall woman who was well-dressed started looking at the dresses 3 feet to my left. I got nervous and left and hid behind the print tops. Then...I noticed she was sort of big, a little overdressed, was possibly in drag. I stared for a few moments. Possibly our eyes met briefly. I picked up a random top and walked over to her: "Do you think this would fit me?" This started a discussion about sizes and I said, "My name is Jennifer, and I just love dresses."

As for a recognizable cd sign...how about a baseball cap with a cd attached? Cd in the back window of your car? With magic marker on the cd. "I M 1"

GaleWarning
10-04-2012, 01:52 AM
We are who we are and unfortunately that is different, there is no changing who we are,

We are NOT different, Michelle. We are perceived as being different because you and others perpetuate the myth that there is something strange about what we do. We are no more strange than Morris or Scottish Country Dancers; golfers or yachties; surfers or bikies; ...

Labels categorise people, make it easier to mistreat them, which is why I am so ardently opposed to every effort to try to label us. And when I find that the enemy is within, I get very despondent. We are our own worse enemy.

Too many members of this forum have great difficulty accepting themselves. Why make it more difficult for them by telling them that they are different, when they are not?

You and I are normal, Michelle. Just like everyone else, we ought to be free to carry on with our lives. Who cares if you are L or G or B or T or a geek or (heaven forbid!) a member of our esteemed national cricket team, the Black Caps?

Let us embrace conviviality and reject everything which allows others to manipulate us.

I simply want to take it out to the real world and have a chance to see like minded people out there.

Ok, if that is what you want, why don't you simply go to a tri-ess meeting or a gay pride event or an LGBT friendly bar?

Tracii G
10-04-2012, 02:24 AM
We have had this discussion here before and you can never get any agreement on the subject.
Personally I would wear a necklace or a bracelet/ring with agreed upon logo.
People label me everyday I'm used to it and I pay no attention to them.
Its not for everyone I know that and I respect everyone opinions pro or con.
IMO just join a TG group in your area I did and it has been one of the best things I ever did.
Met like minded people and made some friends to hang out with.

noeleena
10-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Hi,

Have you heard of ,rainbow familys ,

we had a wrist band with colours of the rainbow, i had one & after a while gave it to our grandaughter, Dejarn.

we would meet once a month we had 8 women with thier children one FTM & myself intersexed & with dejarn. of cause at the time school was not a part of our lifes then it has been over the last few years so we dont meet as we would like to.

Im intergrated in to socity & a part of plus a member of many groups, so for myself im just a woman whos accepted,

What im getting at is belong to a group of people do things together & make your friends that way. we .....know .... each other , we dont need any thing other than that, we have similer interests yet not in all details of our lifes , we just compliment each other as the need arises or help when needed,

Where i live i did advertise, if any dressers or trans were interested in haveing a meet up to contact myself i had 3 ring me though there intensions were a bit more than i was interested in. so it really was a no.
So in the end i decided im to involved with my many groups & women friends,to bother trying again,

...noeleena...

Gaby2
10-04-2012, 02:36 AM
The topic you touched is more difficult than at first-glance, Michelle. Clay does talk a lot of sense.

After opening up to a few friends about two years ago, I was keen to make an open statement, like changing my car registration to something with cd in it or wearing a tg symbol.
I didn't though... and I don't regret that.
It has taken enough energy to feel freer (and freer) within a small group of close friends, as it is, so I can't imagine what it would be like to live dressed the whole day.

I'm looking for a comfort zone - cders.com was a good start and a continuing support-group.
My (female-)friends who know are mostly considerate and curious without being inquisitive.

In recent weeks, I've enjoyed imagining me dressed, while walking around the town where I live.
I've underdressed a few times.

I have to admit though, that I still dread the thought of going shopping openly in shops for women... though I would love to.
As much as I would like to communicate with other cders openly, I'm scared of this too... but time is on my side and I enjoy reading and learning from experiences of other less-complex-ridden cders who have answered your OP above.

Thankyou, :hugs:Gaby

junetv
10-04-2012, 03:12 AM
It's an almost impossible task and as many have mentioned has been suggested many times over. I'll share a story of what happened to me. At one place I worked, there was a person who started working for us. She was mtf transitioning. It wasn't hard to notice that she was formerly a man. I kinda approached her about it, because I was going to share my gender dysphoria too, but it turned into a very embarrassing situation for both of us. I had no right to confront her like I did. I thought about a having a sign of some sorts or a secret handshake, but when you really start to think about it, that wouldn't work on many different levels. Face it, it's a wide spectrum out there from fetishistic crossdressers to those with seeking a gender change altogether. Some of us are comfortable shopping at any store for ourselves, while others shop online or 'borrow" items from GG's. Just like my coworker who didn't like that her "cover" was "blown" - not every crossdresser or man buying women's clothing will appreciate the attention from another, unless perhaps you are dressed as well. The problem with a sign or bumper sticker is that we live in a google generation. If you don't know what something means, you can google it or use some other search engine to find the meaning and then one's cover is blown. Personally, I'd rather have anonymity in public than have my secret shared with people that I'd rather have not know.

This suggestion always makes for good discussion. It's a catch-22 situation IMHO.

Amanda_P
10-04-2012, 03:33 AM
For one I like the idea and would wear something just to feel like I belong somewhere. I mean. Everyone has a label. Scotts have kilts and bagpipes. Bikers have the symbol of their group. Gays have a rainbow and look how big that became. Surfers have their boards and tans. Truckers have their own symbols even. You look at any group of people and they have something to show what group they are in. Why not us. If you don't like it you don't have to wear it. But you can still tell who we are by those that do wear it proudly.

I've been to a lgbt meetings a few time. I come from a small town and believe me this was a small group. Well anyway I went in drab and then went in dressed and I really felt out of place when I was dressed. I felt like they treated me like I wasnt even there. Because at the beginning I told them I was a hetro CD. So maybe because I wasn't LGBT I was CD. We need our own group or sign.

Cheryl T
10-04-2012, 04:41 AM
There used to be a handkerchief code that I read about. I think it was used in the gay community.
If you had a purple one in your back pocket then that indicated you liked to dress....maybe it's time to make it mainstream.
BTW....I love purple and have one ready for use...

Kate Simmons
10-04-2012, 05:23 AM
This comes up every once in a while. It wouldn't be long before posers used the secret sign to make fools of us or set us up. It would probably be better to get involved in a local TG group if you really want to meet others with similar interests.:)

Erica2Sweet
10-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Singling people out and labeling them? I think this was tried back in the early 1940's in Germany. It didn't work out.

Indeed. It began in the 1930's.

Personally, I really wouldn't want to limit my interactions to others who are presenting themselves as the opposite of their birth gender. I'm trying to move away from self-imposed limitations and make my place in the world.

The sticker idea looks good on paper, but as soon as someone finds herself on a city bus with a 40yo bearded guy in a micro-mini skirt, fluorescent green top, and stilettos, talking loudly about his previous night's raunchy exploits, and wearing the same sticker, the experiment would be over.

Michelle V
10-04-2012, 10:07 AM
join a TG group in your area I did and it has been one of the best things I ever did.
Met like minded people and made some friends to hang out with.[/QUOTE]

That sounds reasonable, being that the time I spend as Michelle is very limited the time I invest meeting others in such group will also be limited, I was hoping for a day to day basis showing support and pride.

Michelle V
10-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks Gaby, very sweet.

NikkiBeth
10-04-2012, 10:26 AM
I seem to remember a reading some time ago on this site , there as was a day when we would wear a basic rubberband on one of our wrists. Maybe this is a way to acknowledge each other without calling a great deal of attention.

Kate Simmons
10-04-2012, 10:26 AM
I know what you are saying Hon and it would be nice but to be honest many gals do not want to be recognized(even by other TG folks) but prefer to blend in . Kind of like hiding in plain sight. In that sense we have a secret(girls with something "extra") but not everyone appreciates it.:battingeyelashes::)

Michelle V
10-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Indeed. It began in the 1930's.

Personally, I really wouldn't want to limit my interactions to others who are presenting themselves as the opposite of their birth gender. I'm trying to move away from self-imposed limitations and make my place in the world.

The sticker idea looks good on paper, but as soon as someone finds herself on a city bus with a 40yo bearded guy in a micro-mini skirt, fluorescent green top, and stilettos, talking loudly about his previous night's raunchy exploits, and wearing the same sticker, the experiment would be over.

That is a very, very good point, never crossed my mind. I guess it is time to look for alternatives, Thanks

HannahF6
10-04-2012, 10:38 AM
There are quite a few transgender logos already in existence:-
http://www.google.ca/search?q=transgender+logo&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Gq1tUJqIF6SviAKy4YDwDw&ved=0CCQQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=816

Hannah

Michelle V
10-04-2012, 10:38 AM
After reading Erica 2 Sweet's comment I've come to the conclusion that other alternatives are more viable and safe. I want to thank you all for your comments and support in particular Clay for bringing the other side of the spectrum in force, some of this are great ideas and I can clearly see that I am not alone, I hope we can someday agree to become more organize in the real world. I make a pledge right now to become more informed about my people and will do everything in my power to join the local chapter. Thanks.

HannahF6
10-04-2012, 10:41 AM
There are quite a few transgender logos already in existence:-
http://www.google.ca/search?q=transgender+logo&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Gq1tUJqIF6SviAKy4YDwDw&ved=0CCQQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=816

Michelle V
10-04-2012, 10:43 AM
I seem to remember a reading some time ago on this site , there as was a day when we would wear a basic rubberband on one of our wrists. Maybe this is a way to acknowledge each other without calling a great deal of attention.

First of all Cute Avatar Nikki. I was interested to join the police force in the past, during that time I went on a ride along and got involved with the department, I found out that while in jail, men who are "taken" by other inmates wear rubber bands to let others know they are " protected". But tHanks for the idea Nikki.

larry
10-04-2012, 10:52 AM
First of all Cute Avatar Nikki. I was interested to join the police force in the past, during that time I went on a ride along and got involved with the department, I found out that while in jail, men who are "taken" by other inmates wear rubber bands to let others know they are " protected". But tHanks for the idea Nikki.

I just spit all over my keyboard.. I can remember putting a rubber band on my wrist when going to the store to remind me about picking up something. Whew--might have picked up the wrong thing. hehehe

Beverley Sims
10-04-2012, 12:01 PM
It could be called the "Michelle V plan".
I think most would be threatened by the outing as anything else.
It is something that has to be handled with great tact and a lot of experience before you can make contact with someone.
I think you have more chance of contacting aliens first.

MicheleCooper
10-04-2012, 01:04 PM
As far as stickers go I would opt for one that looked like a compact disc (cd) maybe throw in the reflective colors of rainbow to show support for the gay community. It is funny how we really want to meet others of our ilk but fear the consequences. I looked into those CD secret societies and most do not return phone calls or emails...think it would be an easier time joining the Legion of Doom than most of the CD chapters, but I would probably decline to join the Legion of Doom in fear of what that swamp would do to my good shoes! (old Justice League cartoon reference, for those too young to know...sigh...showing my age).

Erica2Sweet
10-04-2012, 01:15 PM
... It is funny how we really want to meet others of our ilk but fear the consequences...

This is something I also struggle to understand. I think maybe some are looking for a reason to break out of the closet, and at the last minute, get cold feet.

It's perfectly understandable given how hard it is sometimes to break out of one's comfort zone.

MicheleCooper
10-04-2012, 01:28 PM
This is something I also struggle to understand. I think maybe some are looking for a reason to break out of the closet, and at the last minute, get cold feet.

Honestly, I think it is a matter of do we feel comfortable the way we look...I see members on here such as yourself and others on here that are drop dead gorgeous and I would feel intimidated to come forward in feeling inadequate. Think high school and how you rarely see the fat chick hanging out with the cheerleaders...yeah I'm the fat chick! Does that make sense..working on 3 hours of sleep...lol

Megan Briana
10-04-2012, 01:40 PM
As far as stickers go I would opt for one that looked like a compact disc (cd) maybe throw in the reflective colors of rainbow to show support for the gay community. It is funny how we really want to meet others of our ilk but fear the consequences. I looked into those CD secret societies and most do not return phone calls or emails...think it would be an easier time joining the Legion of Doom than most of the CD chapters, but I would probably decline to join the Legion of Doom in fear of what that swamp would do to my good shoes! (old Justice League cartoon reference, for those too young to know...sigh...showing my age).

I like the cd idea and did ya know that if you catch the sunlight just right, it already makes the rainbow effect? I am putting one in my back window asap and give this a test run.
Michele, I remember those cartoons! AND we are not that old! We are like fine wine that takes a while to reach its best flavors.

GaleWarning
10-04-2012, 02:01 PM
It is funny how we really want to meet others of our ilk but fear the consequences.

Three thoughts ....
1. I meet people with whom I resonate all the time; also people who are quickly determined to be the type I know instantly will never be my friend. There are no obvious clues like rubber bands or insignia; simply a vibe.
2. I know that many of my family members, friends and work colleagues are either G, L or T. Makes not a blind bit of difference to me. I do not judge them according to this characteristic, nor is it the basis for my appreciation of them as PEOPLE.
3. The word "ilk" has a negative connotation. We might say, "We shall not see his like again" (positive); but we say, "I cannot tolerate his ilk" (negative). Our use of language is a powerful indicator of our mindset, and if you read my contributions to this thread, you will see that I see our like in a positive, rather than a negative light.

BTW - thanks for your kind comment, Michelle.

MicheleCooper
10-04-2012, 02:05 PM
3. The word "ilk" has a negative connotation. We might say, "We shall not see his like again" (positive); but we say, "I cannot tolerate his ilk" (negative). Our use of language is a powerful indicator of our mindset, and if you read my contributions to this thread, you will see that I see our like in a positive, rather than a negative light.

I'll try to remember that next time....

GingerLeigh
10-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Most of us are just too skittish to want to talk CD in public. Just look into any "how to shop" thread and you'll see that most of us try our darndest to not be seen or noticed. Yeah I see it now, the secret code will be an anxiety or panic attack when approached!

It is a nice idea, but I just don't see it happening in reality. I don't want to be recognized unless it is in a inconspicuous environment that has been pre-arranged. My self acceptance has serious limits!

Ginger

Pexetta
10-04-2012, 03:25 PM
This is weird, I was thinking earlier of starting a thread asking if there were any TG/CD secret codewords. Like Masons ask if someone is 'on the square' or people in AA will ask you if you know a guy called Bill Wilson.

Michelle V
10-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Still trying to get my sticker, haven't heard from the people representing this site to know if it is ok to get a sticker with their logo, also trying to find the place that will create it for me, there are those at the local mall that will do it in black and white but I would prefer the classic pink and blue. Any suggestions?

Trishasubcd
10-11-2012, 08:05 PM
I love the idea and would wear the sticker.